Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 09:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,331,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do not trust the AGW alarmists. They have been caught repeatedly cooking the books on this.

Remember Climate-gate, Hockey-stick gate, Climate-gate II and the most recent South American data manipulation fiasco, just to name a few.
Yes, we should all trust everything written in trashy tabloid press pieces and never ever do any fact checking - just like you.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:22 AM

5,075 posts, read 2,281,296 times
I have to wonder: you folks who intend to control the globe's temperature, what are you going to set the temperature to, exactly? Could you make it so that it's about 70 degrees in Pittsburgh every day? I'd be much obliged.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wrong on both counts. Australia has seen the AGW hoax for what it is.
Tony Abbot is the 'hoax'. It's a shame Peter Costello (who was deputy leader of the party under Howard) didn't stay in politics, then we could have had Abbot and Costello 'leading' the country.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Reading the comments of scientifically illiterate deniaists on threads like this one I could almost be inclined to believe my eyes are lying and climate change is a great hoax, coordinated by scientists all around the world.

Only problem is I'm not scientifically illiterate, and I have a perfectly functioning brain, putting me in the same camp as the majority of the industrialized world.
It's cringe worthy stuff. Like a thread on evolution over-run by a sheep-like herd of science-rejecting creationists.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,461,182 times
I think though doest protest too much.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
There has not been any climate change for almost two decades now.

Despite increased CO2 in the atmosphere, NASA, NOAA, the MET have all stated that there has not been any observed increase in the average net global temperature in 19 years. So for you to make the case that the planet's climate is getting warmer over that same time period is a lie.

You fools are the deniaists of proven scientific facts. The short period of warming we saw from the 1980s-1990s, that you guys hang your collective hats on, was shorter than the current "pause" in warming, and yet you cling to the past while denying actual observations of this pause.

Obama: “I know there are still some folks back in Washington who refuse to admit that climate change is real, and on a day like today, it’s hard to get too worried about it,” Mr. Obama said on a sunny day cooled by a chilly sea breeze. “The science is indisputable,” he said. “The planet is getting warmer.”

No Obama, the planet is not getting warmer, it's climate temp has flat lined for almost 20 years now.

Well darn it. I just can't beat "proven scientific fact" from the Fox Entertainment Academy of Sciences...

Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 AM

5,075 posts, read 2,281,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
It's cringe worthy stuff. Like a thread on evolution over-run by a sheep-like herd of science-rejecting creationists.
So, again: what degree to you intend to set the temperature to, Cap'n?

Old 05-23-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

Quote:

The Martin Durkin Film, 'The Great Global Warming Swindle', made so many
mistakes that after the film was released, the filmmaker was forced to reedit
the film. In that process, he removed some of the most blatant mistakes that he
had made, but left in some other claims that were also entirely wrong.

The filmmaker had been accused of fraudulent misrepresentation in the past so
this film was no different. It seems opportunism knows no bounds and Martin
Durkin himself defends his film in the face of overwhelming evidence against the
claims made in the film.

Carl Wunsch a professor from MIT clearly told them that he felt global
warming was a threat but that part was cut out of the film. The Royal Society
and the British Antarctic Survey filed formal complaints

The Great Global Warming Swindle OSS Foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boj9ccV9htk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeQfD2DNnUQ

Old 05-23-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
So don't listen to opinions or follow polls, just look at the raw data of observed net mean average global surface temperatures over the past 17-19 years, that NASA and NOAA report. It's not open to interpretation, the average climate temps have been flat, i.e no warming.

Everyone agrees the planet warms and cools, they just do not agree that man's contribution of CO2 is having the effect the global warming enthusiasts cliam it does.

Atmospheric CO2 levels have been increasing over the same time period as this "pause" has occured, so CO2 is not the dynamic and all powerful climate warming forcing agent that the enthusiasts make it out to be.
What happens to the trend when you look at the last 20 years and not cherry pick a start date of 1998 which was anomalously high because it was a year with a major El Nino?

What happens when you look at Ocean Heat Content for the past 20 years?

What happens when you look at the Arctic which is warming twice as fast as the rest of the globe?

What happens when you look at the increasing acidification of the oceans due to the increased CO2?

What happens when you understand the well-established physics and chemistry of radiative heat transfer in the atmosphere?

What happens when you actually read the published science -there are 10000's of research articles on a whole range of areas of climate science, not just surface temps since 1998. (which have not been 'flat' as you claim).

Those so-called 'global warming enthusiasts' are actually the vast majority of scientists worldwide who understand all the aspects of climate science far more than (you think) you do.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Read up on it. The predictions have been way off. Read NASA's data, it says the Earth has not warmed since 1997. Read the info from Dr. David Legates who runs the Climate Research center for the University of Delaware. Read the info from Dr. Willie Soon. There have been hundreds of climate scientists who don't believe in global warming/climate change.
The only place you will find that 97% number is in the proponents literature. They have never proven where they got it.
You're "reading up" about politically biased pseudoscience, not science. But good luck with that 'college paper'. Maybe if it's a non-accredited online bible-college they might accept citations from laypeople posting on anti-science blogs, or tabloid media, or industry funded conservative political 'think tanks' or the Cornwall Evangelical Alliance biblical view of climate science.

If you want that "97% number" go read the paper and read the 11 944 peer-reviewed papers yourself or email over 8000 scientists to ask them to self-rate their own papers. All the data is available to do it yourself. Why haven't any of you climate science rejecters done that yet? I thought you said you were doing a 'college paper'? Don't you know how to do a literature search of all the science Journals?

Last edited by Ceist; 05-23-2015 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies