Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 12:00 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

I think Obama is correct....

A recent report by the International Climate Change Taskforce, co-chaired by Republican U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe, concludes that climate change is the "single most important long term issue that the planet faces." It warns that if average global temperatures increase more than two degrees Celsius—which will likely occur in a matter of decades if we continue with business-as-usual—the world will reach the "point of no return," where societies may be unable to cope with the accelerating rates of change.
Existing threats to security will be amplified as climate change has increasing impacts on regional water supplies, agricultural productivity, human and ecosystem health, infrastructure, financial flows and economies, and patterns of international migration. Specific threats to human welfare and global security include: Global Security Brief #3: Climate Change Poses Greater Security Threat than Terrorism | Worldwatch Institute

Old 05-24-2015, 12:28 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Her just owned you because you can't answer a simple question, because you were wrong and can't man up and admit it.

It's you who should tap out, but I think you like being abused intellectually.
When he answers my questions, which he very certainly did not even attempt to do, I will be delighted to answer his. In fact, his question was just an attempt to deflect attention from the questions that I asked him that he could not answer, for obvious reasons, as I think you know very well.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:13 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly guys, whether you believe in any of this or not....why not give the benefit of a doubt. Let's do what we can do preserve this planet for our kids and their kids and generations after that.
That is the poorest hysterical excuse to believe/fall for something. It reminds me of this from the simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

It makes me suspicious at why they push the climate change narrative more and more, whenever something comes out that disputes the official narrative.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:21 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
What 'side'? My 'side' is science. Your 'side' seems to be political ideology and ignorance of science.
Your side is anti-science. Your side is Big Government that hates the working class and increases their taxes and increases their cost of living. Your side is anti-working class. Your side fudges data. Your side tells lies. Your side tries to silence debate.

Got it?

Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Supporting global warming? That is like saying that some people support rainfall. It makes no sense.
Yes, it makes no sense. But when your objective is growing government control, the AGW alarmists will do a lot of things that make no sense.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:26 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
The overwhelming scientific evidence indicates that global warming is occurring at an accelerated rate caused by hydrocarbon emissions into the atmosphere, and that anthropogenic activity is a significant contributing factor. What we know is that the polar icecaps are melting as evidenced by satellite imagery and decrease in mass verified by scientific measurements on site. We also know that climate change occurs naturally as evidenced by core samples of the earth's surface. However, what we are seeing now is abrupt climate change; which the evidence links to the growth of the earth’s human population and activities over the past 250 years; and, most dramatically, in the last half century. What we know is that there is only a thin layer of ozone that shields the earth from the sun’s rays; and that it is being depleted by industrial emissions into the atmosphere resulting in the rise of the ocean temperature that generates the earth’s climate conditions. Just a small change in ocean temperature will affect the thermohaline conveyor (e.g., the Gulf Stream) leading to more harsh winter weather, reduced soil moisture and more intense winds in regions that provide the significant portion of the world’s food production, and cause a dramatic decrease in the human carrying capacity of the earth’s environment. See Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall, "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security" (October 2003).

What is needed is to restore the natural balance. All life depends on a delicate balance of the great forces of nature. With these elemental forces, it only takes a small change to result in catastrophic meteorological events causing destruction and devastation across the continents. Are we past the tipping point? What the scientists are saying is that we must reduce the carbon emissions or face the consequences. The earth has the capacity to restore the depleted ozone; but it will not happen unless we stop spewing industrial gases into the atmosphere at the current rate. We must act now, for it will be late to counsel then or pray when the consequences of our delay have been visited upon us.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly guys, whether you believe in any of this or not....why not give the benefit of a doubt. Let's do what we can do preserve this planet for our kids and their kids and generations after that.
I totally agree. That's why I oppose the AGW hoax. It takes money and resources away from real pollution clean up.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:06 AM

We will all pay for global warming; and we will all pay the more for it for not taking timely action to ameliorate its effects on climate change. We will pay higher food prices, higher energy costs, higher taxes. But that’s just the mediate consequences that we shall bear; the ultimate consequences shall be borne by our children and grandchildren.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
That is the poorest hysterical excuse to believe/fall for something. It reminds me of this from the simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

It makes me suspicious at why they push the climate change narrative more and more, whenever something comes out that disputes the official narrative.

Who cares about the children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Old 05-24-2015, 08:51 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Who cares about the children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg
Where is the proof!? All you have are dishonest computer models, with temperatures that are incorrect. Lets go back to a recent earth day, where Bill Nye takes air force one to preach about carbon emissions
Their credibility wouldn't be so far in the subzero range if they would practice what they preach.
Their credibility wouldn't be so far if down in the subzero range if they would quit insulting/attacking "deniers"
Why the endless crusade to root out, and bully every skeptic there is? What good does that do for climate change propaganda/charade?
I also see unskeptical science has a rebuttal to this "The climate always changes" they blame humans , with no proof to back it up.

Last edited by lookb4youcross; 05-24-2015 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies