Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 04:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I am still waiting for a source on this claim that is scientific and that at the start actually claims to represent the final conclusion that 97% of either all scientists or all climate scientists support the AGW alarmism hypothesis. Certainly this study does not even purport to do that.
What it says is that 0.7% reject mankind accelerating climate change, and 0.3% are unsure if man is accelerating it or not.

Hey, congratulations, you are a 1%'er….

Old 05-24-2015, 05:39 PM

29,520 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is your point?
That the warming rate of the most recent (supposedly entirely man made warming period is no different than past warming periods) is no different than any past rates.

Quote:
A lesson in cherry picking?
Exactly how is looking at several significant warm period of the last century cherry picking? Plus, I didn't pick them..

Quote:
Why did you neglect to include the natural forcings that influenced temperature changes during the time periods mentioned?
We don't really have a good understanding of natural forcings. Only guess-estimates, and we assume that all or most of the current warming is a result of man. If so, that would mean without us, it would be a cooling world right? Who the heck wants that anyway!

Quote:

Why did you not include the answer to the question on the graphic?[b]

You do realize that Phil Jones just said that the warming between 1995 and 2009 was statistically insignificant right? Even if barely.

Unless you use satellite data for that period which stems back to 1979, then trend is less than the 0.12C per/decade seen in ground instruments from 1995-2009.

Quote:
This reanalysis of the satellite temperature data shows an average long-term warming trend of +0.114oC per decade for the period from December 1979 through to March 2015.
New Analysis Brings UAH Temperatures Closer To RSS

Like it or not, satellites have not detected any acceleration in atmospheric temps in 18+ years. Even if a strong El Nino does materialize and raise the global temperatures, that still doesn't bode well for climate models that consistently have over heated the planet with dire consequences blah blah blah. Meantime the world will go on, mankind will burn fuel for energy which is vital for our survival.

https://twitter.com/RogerPielkeJr/st...43818707558400

Old 05-24-2015, 05:41 PM

29,520 posts, read 19,616,477 times
https://twitter.com/RogerPielkeJr/st...90391552692225

Old 05-24-2015, 11:47 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
So are you saying that India is considering opening a bunch of new coal mines proves AGW is wrong?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
That is the poorest hysterical excuse to believe/fall for something. It reminds me of this from the simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

It makes me suspicious at why they push the climate change narrative more and more, whenever something comes out that disputes the official narrative.
How was my post hysterical lol I'm just saying let's do what we can to preserve our planet for our children and future generations. This planet isn't just here for you to abuse it. To me it's just common sense....take care of where you live.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There are over 31,000 scientists who signed a report saying that there is no global warming.
The Oregon Petition stunt from 1998? LOLOLOLOL!

The one started by Frederick Seitz, the tobacco industry consultant from the George C Marshall Institute who put together a fake so-called 'article' that was made to make it look like it came from the National Academy of Sciences? Fred Seitz and the George C Marshall Institute who were in the pay of the Tobacco Industry to create doubt about the harmful effects of smoking tobacco?

The 'petition' where anyone could sign up and claim they had some sort of degree? Including the Spice Girls and Charles Darwin? My dog could sign up for that petition and claim he had a PhD in Physics.

Where are you doing this so-called 'research'? An anti-science conspiracy blog?

Well I tried to help with the link to the American Institute of Physics, but you seem determined to swallow industry propaganda and pseudoscience instead of science and facts.

Yep, go ahead and cite the Oregon Petition in your so-called 'college paper'. May as well put in a few 'citations' from conspiracy blogs as well, and don't forget stories from the trashy tabloid press. You'll do great!

Old 05-25-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Only 0.1% of those so called scientists have a background in climate science....You may as well have 31,000 monkeys sign that petition, as it would be just as valid...
I think it was a amazing that Charles Darwin was able to sign it - from the grave yet!

Old 05-25-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Denial, Deflection and Denigration, all in one post. That is the big three for you people, isn't it?

Well, you certainly did not reply back with any substantiation to support the 97% lie that so many AGW extremists knowingly and repeatedly regurgitate on a routine basis. But of course we have gone over this many times and you have had many chances to prove me wrong on this.

But you cannot do it because 97% of climate scientists do not support the left's AGW alarmism hypothesis. This is a baseless falsehood spread by warmists such as yourself without thought or reference.

In fact there has been no scientific, statistically sound poll that has been conducted that supports this blatant falsehood, as you know very well.

Prove me wrong, if you can. But you know you cannot. It is not true and you know it.
It's like trying to reason with a parrot....

Old 05-25-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your side is anti-science. Your side is Big Government that hates the working class and increases their taxes and increases their cost of living. Your side is anti-working class. Your side fudges data. Your side tells lies. Your side tries to silence debate.

Got it?
Nope.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Where is the proof!? All you have are dishonest computer models, with temperatures that are incorrect. Lets go back to a recent earth day, where Bill Nye takes air force one to preach about carbon emissions
Their credibility wouldn't be so far in the subzero range if they would practice what they preach.
Their credibility wouldn't be so far if down in the subzero range if they would quit insulting/attacking "deniers"
Why the endless crusade to root out, and bully every skeptic there is? What good does that do for climate change propaganda/charade?
I also see unskeptical science has a rebuttal to this "The climate always changes" they blame humans , with no proof to back it up.
All you doing is repeating nonsense and lies you've been fed and you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies