Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't know what you are drinking, but I'd like some (maybe Jim Beam).

If our election for the highest executive office on the planet were based on integrity, executive experience, and someone pragmatic enough to work with the other party controlling Congress, I would have no fears about Hillary winning.

However our electorate seems not only devoid of putting importance on those things, they seem ignorant of the issues and real problems facing this country. Instead they, with the help of the liberal media, put a premium on 1st's like the first race or gender.
Don't think for a minute if Hillary is the (D) nominee, there wont be a certain percentage of women that will vote for her, maybe even secretly, because they want to see a woman elected as president.
Never mind the fact it should be the right woman (which undoubtedly will happen sooner than they tihnk). No it must be now to break the barriers or so called "glass ceiling".
Again there is no glass ceiling as we have women in every single aspect of our leadership/government now, and it is only a matter of the right one to come along, and they will be elected president. The same was true of a black, but unfortunately many people voted for Obama and he was obviously the wrong choice based on a lack of experience and pragmatism.

So while the country has a center right leaning electorate, a collation of low information voters combined with those who will play gender politics might just elect Hillary over a more qualified and/or better (R) candidate.

`
Your first point is hilarity at it's zenith as she is devoid of every quality you so graciously pinned to her. Integrity is her weakest link; BENGHAZI is enough to shut that down.
Work with the other party? Maybe Bill but, never HRC. She is a modern progressive, the most dangerous there is.

The rest of your post - bolded in particular - is decided by the drive by media. They form people's opinions and tell them how to vote because most are too stupid to research what the candidates talk about, let alone their track records.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Really? As a Democrat, I'm pretty hopeful about the election. If Bush ran against Hillary I honestly wouldn't be upset if he won. He seems like an actual, normal person to me.

This is an honest post. +5

Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
The Democrats don't have control of Congress because young people didn't get off their asses and vote. The old bitty's, of course, were diligent about it.

Government doesn't create jobs...ergo, they don't control the economy. The youth are still on their asses.

The private sector invests money in business/companies and jobs grow from there.

Be glad young people don't vote because they will vote for the latest TMZ favorite. Voting is starting to resemble "American Idol" or some other television talent show because people vote with their idiot hearts rather than their minds.
He/she looks good, dresses nice and their contrived MSM driven message strikes home because it is rooted in fantasy, which most people eat up like free ice cream. How do you think we got BHO twice? What has he done lately?

Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Clown Car", "Cartoony", "Stupid".

Looks like the liberal foot soldiers have gotten their marching orders.
They can't deconstruct any logic/facts you may present to them so they grow defensive and resort to name calling and insults. It's the liberal MO.

I know too many liberals and hear such comments as "that's so conservative", as if it is a bad thing, or "how can you live in a family like yours with that point of view?" when only familiar with my liberal artist sister.
The rest of my family? They don't want to tread there.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat for over 25 years but I try to look at the GOP objectively as I can.

However, I'm really puzzled at how they keep dredging up these total buffoons to represent their party in Presidential elections! I won't even get started about Dubya, who had the speaking skills of an 8th grader who rode the short yellow bus if you get my drift. GW Bush should be in front of a firing squad for all the lies about WMD's. Sarah Palin is like the punchline of a really bad junior high joke.

Just take this guy Dr. Ben Carson. A Yale graduate and youngest black chief neurosurgeon in the history of the United States, and yet he honestly believes homosexuality is a "choice" and that evolution is fake? They should revoke his medical license for even saying such drivel. Who would see a doctor with a brain as confused and ignorant as this man's?

And what about Jeb Bush --- the ultimate flip-floppity waffling liar? One day he says he would invade Iraq all over again, and the next day he says he wouldn't do it. Can anyone trust this dude with even the simplest questions?

Chris Christie ran up over $83,000 in NJ taxpayer dollars on snacks and booze at NFL games? Swear to God, that's something you'd hear from a stand up comedian, but it's actually true! Oh my, that is sooo pathetic and sad.

Can't wait to see Ol' Bible-Thumper Rick Santorum ramp up his schtick again. This weirdo wants to immediately launch Crusades in every Middle Eastern country and strap gay men to Tomahawk missiles in order to bomb Tehran and Pyongyang back to the Stone Age. What a lovely tolerant Christian, eh?

Hillary is laughing at how easy it will be to take the White House in 2016. Bill is already making the talk show rounds and it's looking like a victory tour, folks.
What an objective post free of any sort of emotional tirade, and laden with actual facts to support your argument. Go you!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
What an objective post free of any sort of emotional tirade, and laden with actual facts to support your argument. Go you!

Yeah, that was quite the display of objective tolerance. A Nobel peace prize winner if not a Pulitzer.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:12 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
Why are Democratic Presidential candidates so douchey and dumb?

(See, you can play this game two ways)

Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Maybe in order to match their ideology?

Old 05-21-2015, 04:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't know but as a fellow Democrat I find the lack of quality GOP candidates maddening. I know many intelligent, thoughtful and centrist Republicans IRL. Why can't the GOP find one to represent them nationally?
We conservatives don't like the ideology of the left. Why would we support a "dem light"?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:15 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I used to vote Democrat, but in the past few elections have switched to Republican. I'm sick of Democrats trying to eliminate borders and any control over immigration. I'm sick of Democrats thinking up new ways to spend money to help those who refuse to help themselves. I don't like everything about Republicans, but it's a matter of choose the lesser evil.
How do you feel about personal freedoms though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies