Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:56 PM

366 posts, read 596,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Again gay does not equal molester.
I never made that equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 08:56 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Since when are liberals politicizing scouts?

I was a Cub Scout leader and lost my whole pack over this stupid issue, because they kicked a gay Mom out somewhere back east. Apparently she was a terrific leader, and the families in my pack (mostly single moms) were disgusted and left. Our Council could not have cared less, but it was a national-televised debacle. Imagine having to tell your 8 year old son about this issue because all his peers could not longer attend. It really pissed me off.

I think the Scouts have made great strides in keeping young boys (and girls) safe from pedophilic cretins. We could never spend ANY time along with a kid not our own, unless another adult was present. This was part of the child safety training. The sexual orientation of adults is no concern of mine. I met some wonderful parents and kids in scouting, and I can say that I never met any of them that wanted anything for the kids more than a nice, structured way to learn things and develop character, knowledge, skills, and self-discipline

And if an Eagle Scout learns he is gay, it does nothing to take away from his achievements.

So homosexuals want more access to our kids?

What are the odds?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So homosexuals want more access to our kids?

What are the odds?
But what about the men who are married to women who want more access to boys? Such men have molested boys before.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-21-2015 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Can you please name a gay-only area? Is there an area where straight people are not allowed.
There are some gay and lesbian bars in my neighborhood that, while I might be allowed in as a straight man, I'd be encouraged to leave.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A scout leader's sexual orientation, preferences, regularity and preferred style should never, ever be relevant.
Let's say you discover your son's scout leader's Facebook profile shows him making lewd comments on photos of twinks. Would you still be fine trusting your son with him? I consider myself pretty open-minded but I'd be having serious second thoughts about it to say the least.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:27 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But once again many gay men can easily pass as straight men. So how do you distinguish between the two? Or do you just give up and quit having organizations for boys, like the scouts?
Gay men are far too fabulous to pass as straight men. Everyone knows this.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:30 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Let's say you discover your son's scout leader's Facebook profile shows him making lewd comments on photos of twinks. Would you still be fine trusting your son with him? I consider myself pretty open-minded but I'd be having serious second thoughts about it to say the least.
How do you know what a twink is?

Cover...blown...

And no, I wouldn't trust him with my son (if I had one) because the only gay guys that make lewd comments about twinks are the kind that homophobes believe all gay men are like.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
How do you know what a twink is?

Cover...blown...

And no, I wouldn't trust him with my son (if I had one) because the only gay guys that make lewd comments about twinks are the kind that homophobes believe all gay men are like.
The response of someone who has no response.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Robert Gates: Boy Scouts' ban on gay adult leaders not sustainable

As an Eagle Scout, a step in the right direction IMO. I know a few Eagle scouts who are also gay who essentially cannot volunteer and participate. They put in the blood (literally, at times), sweat, tears and work to become Eagle, they should not be cast out simply because of their sexual orientation after they turn 18.

I do wish liberals would stop politicizing scouts, but still, a step in the right direction.
Do they allow adult men to lead Girl Scouts?
If not, then why not?
Do you support the policy if men are prohibited in leading the GS?

I ask because I really don't know.

Having said that, there are double standards all over the place when it comes to adults and kids.
For example, I was considering becoming an official Big Brother even though I have already mentored a few kids on my own over the years. You know a kid whose Dad has died at a young age, so you try to help when you can by taking them to a ball game.
Anyway they had a bunch of info/background requirements which I am not too big on since I keep my family/personal life private. Still I understood the reasons from a safety standpoint, and was going to move forward.
However I found out that while I can be a big brother to a boy, I cannot be a big brother to a girl.
Yet a woman can be a big sister to a boy.
WT
I wanted to know why, but the few people I inquired with didn't have an answer. I can certainly suspect why, and if hetero men are already under a presumption of more likely to molest a young girl, why wouldn't homo men not be under the same presumption of more likely to molest a boy?
Aside from political correctness and forced social engineering to make homosexual men eligible to be leaders with the Boy Scouts, how come the double standard?
Heck for that matter, if you are going to allow homosexuals to be alone with young kids of the same sex, why not instead say a homosexual woman can be a scout leader for boys, and a homosexual man be a scout leader with girls?

[SPECIAL NOTE] Don't anyone start in with "why assume homosexuals are child molesters" or some such PC rubbish, as it will fall on deaf ears.
My point is that if the powers that be assume heterosexual men cannot resist or be trusted around young girls, then why the double standard with homosexual men around young boys?

`

Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Oh, hypotheticals. I don't think lewd comments at all should form part of the image of someone trusted with acting as a role model for children. Also, twinks is not a good thing to Google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies