Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,927,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
From what I've heard, someone with this kind of problem cannot be cured, so there needs to be caution in allowing him around kids no matter how much he repented or got treatment. Repented isn't the same as cured - people can repent of a sin over and over with no end in sight.
This ^^

Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,808,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne

People who are anti-Christian are shooting themselves in the foot. A Christian is far more likely to help you in your time of need than any secularist.
That is total BS! I was an Evangelical Christian for years,and I know for a fact that they mostly help their own-those in their social club/church.

The most big-hearted- generous people I have known are non-believers.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:29 PM

202 posts, read 220,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
That is total BS! I was an Evangelical Christian for years,and I know for a fact that they mostly help their own-those in their social club/church.

The most big-hearted- generous people I have known are non-believers.
Well Evangelicals are Noahides so it's only natural that they would take after the Rabbis. I'm specifically talking about Catholics.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:45 PM

202 posts, read 220,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have been with someone getting a medical abortion. No more gristly than a period. Have you seen an abortion? I'm guessing no...
I've seen late-term abortion, but haven't seen an early-term abortion. Though I consider life to begin at conception, so even early-term abortion counts as murder.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,217,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You obviously didn't hear he was treated. He REPENTED..
He was not treated.

He was sent away for three months to pound nails on a remodeling project with a family friend.

If you have proof to the contrary, please post it.

He says he repented. Means diddly.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:59 PM

46,834 posts, read 25,759,098 times
Quote:
The records were sealed.
Wrong. The records were uncovered as part of a simple FOIA request.

Quote:
Upon the boy telling his parents of his sexual wrongdoings, the parents placed him in a facility to deal with his actions .
Wrong. He spent 3 months doing construction work for a freind.

Quote:
The parents took the boy to the police and he told the police everything he did in detail.
A family friend who happeend to be a police officer, yes. A pedophile police officer, too.

Quote:
The boy confessed his sin and turned around. He repented.
And his victims were offered... Professional counseling? No. A safe environment? No. (Jim Bob has explaied how Josh confessed "several times".)

Quote:
This is very hurtful to those who were molested . This is of course due to the fact that they profess to be Christian..
One would think it was mostly hurtful due to the fact they were actually molested, really hurtful to live in a family where Mum and Dad didn't take the necessary action to keep you safe, and partly hurtful to be rolled out in front of the cameras when Mum & Dad's media act foundered.

Quote:
Society has many hypocrites.
Yes, indeed. Lashing out at LGBT people as risky around children when you yourself had a pedophile under your roof, for instance.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 PM

48 posts, read 58,488 times
The Duggars are hypocrites who call others Child Molesters, while harboring a Child Molester in their midst.

They (and anyone defending their antics) are disgusting and need to take a serious look at their "belief system."

Old 06-04-2015, 06:07 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,901,762 times
Quote:
You obviously didn't hear he was treated. He REPENTED..
So because he said sorry to God, it's totally cool now? And he should have been allowed to stay under the same roof as his sisters? He should never have faced true consequences for his actions?

Did you read his statement to the media? He is sorry, and had he kept molesting his own sisters, he would have ruined his life. Yup - his life. Not his sisters', or his other victims', just his own. That doesn't sound like someone who is remorseful and changed or "treated" to me. He sounds selfish and uncaring for what he did and who he did it to.

And "treated" is used loosely here. He was not "treated" in the definition the word "treated" means to normal people. He was "treated" in a way that makes sense to members of a religious cult like his own family.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:12 PM

48 posts, read 58,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
That doesn't really hold water. Much of the antagonism towards the Duggars has an explicit anti-Chritian tenor. It is on topic to question the morality of people criticizing the Duggars, just as those who dislike the Duggars have seen this thread as an opportunity to attack Christianity.

People who are anti-Christian are shooting themselves in the foot. A Christian is far more likely to help you in your time of need than any secularist.
This is an outright lie. Evangelical Christians are some of the most judgmental, hateful people on this earth, and it is high time they are called out on their hypocrisy.

There is no "War on Christianity." Anytime someone questions their nonsense, they whine and cry. What's to cry about? your tax-free churches?

You get what you ask for: Christians tell people that the way they live is the ONLY way, try to force their religion into government and constantly point fingers. Don't act surprised and play the victim when your false and flimsy belief system crashes down around you.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,620,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workitoutnow View Post
This is an outright lie. Evangelical Christians are some of the most judgmental, hateful people on this earth, and it is high time they are called out on their hypocrisy.

There is no "War on Christianity." Anytime someone questions their nonsense, they whine and cry. What's to cry about? your tax-free churches?

You get what you ask for: Christians tell people that the way they live is the ONLY way, try to force their religion into government and constantly point fingers. Don't act surprised and play the victim when your false and flimsy belief system crashes down around you.

Well said especially in trying to force religion into government which is what most of this is really all about. I'm old enough to remember what it was like decades ago when people held whatever beliefs they had to themselves in a private manner for guidance however they saw fit. Once the likes of Falwell and Robertson came on the scene everything changed, and Goldwater warned what would happen if this element took over the GOP. We're living with the results of it today. Separation of church and state is what allows people to be free to believe what they want but with no one system forced upon the nation as a whole. Jefferson said it made no difference to him if his neighbor believed in one God or ten.

The backlash to the Duggars is large because people are fed up with others trying to force their beliefs onto them through the government. These parents are hypocrites who've been exposed and nothing will change that. They would fade away quickly like the Boo Boo clan if only TLC would do the right thing and pull the plug on this whole sorry affair for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies