Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,381,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The answers are all "no".

And the question is "why"?

CPS should remove Josh's daughter and other children and any minor Duggars. That would be a good start.
Hello sheena,

I agree with your thoughts about MacKenzie (however they spell her name). But I see two major obstacles for AR CBS workers: What evidence do they have his daughter has been a victim? And usually children will be placed in foster care with relatives. Both sets of grandparents support Quiverfull. I don't think it is fair to the married daughters to place Josh's daughter with them, unless there is proof of specialized counseling the aunts have completed.

I hope MacKenzie is watched closely by everyone. Of course all acting out behaviors most parents would seek help for, M. Classifies as a child needing more training. All of Josh's kids should be watched, IMO.

MSR

Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,822,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The answers are all "no".

And the question is "why"?

CPS should remove Josh's daughter and other children and any minor Duggars. That would be a good start.
At minimum there should be an investigation. One of his known victims is still a minor. It's time the authorities stop covering for the, and start turning over some stones.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,220,437 times
Oh please. No one is justifying sexual abuse. From what we know all of the girls except one is legally an adult. If they want outside counseling, they will seek it. My guess is they won't because it doesn't appear to have a place in their belief system. From what I have observed of this family, they would probably find outside counseling to be intrusive particularly at this point in time twelve or so years later after the event.

People like to use the word 'educate'. It is often parroted. Doesn't give it has any real meaning in context to the actual issue or even solve the problem. Every situation is different. My guess is the Duggars are sufficient enough to figure out what works best for them.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:13 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,381,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Oh please. No one is justifying sexual abuse. From what we know all of the girls except one is legally an adult. If they want outside counseling, they will seek it. My guess is they won't because it doesn't appear to have a place in their belief system. From what I have observed of this family, they would probably find outside counseling to be intrusive particularly at this point in time twelve or so years later after the event.

People like to use the word 'educate'. It is often parroted. Doesn't give it has any real meaning in context to the actual issue or even solve the problem. Every situation is different. My guess is the Duggars are sufficient enough to figure out what works best for them.
I don't agree. They are in Denial about Josie ' s seizure disorder. There is zero proof the Duggars did anything for their daughters who are victims. They have three very angry daughters, not all were even alive when the abuse we know of was addressed without treatment and after the statute of limitations had expired so Josh could be prosecuted as a juvenile Sex offender.

I do agree that JB and M won't use anyone experienced in sexual abuse treatment. There is even a way Quiverfull families are instructed to deal with incest. There is no evidence they followed those guidelines.

What evidence do you have that these girls know treatment for sexual abuse is available?

Please show me on this Fayetteville, AR website where sexual abuse and incest are defined. I couldn't find them.
OFFICIAL SITE - Northwest Arkansas Rape Crisis Center » SANE Crisis Clinic

There is a link for RAINN. https://rainn.org/ How come the largest city in the area doesn't address incest? From what sources would the Duggar girls or any Quiverfull family girls going to get that information? I sincerely hope you have answers as I think the amount of incest victims in AR could be more than most think. Every sexually abused girl deserves information to be educated about incest, sexual abuse and sexual assault.

MSR

Old 05-24-2015, 07:35 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,672,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
I haven't read but a few snippets here (45 pages of posts!), but I do have a few questions.

Have the Duggars expressed any concern about the girls?
Has anything been said about the fact this might not be an isolated incident?
Has anything been said about the fact that Josh has a young daughter at home? Is there an investigation to protect her?
Did his wife know about this before she married him?
As far as did his wife know, according to her statement, yes she knew prior to their marriage. Cannot say about concern expressed as this may of occurred back 12 years ago when this all took place. Now? No idea.

As far as isolated incident, May or may not be, again no claims of anything recent has been brought up so right now it's an isolated incident.

Not sure about the daughter of his at home and if anything will/can be done about that as legally I don't think it can be done.

Mnt, where are you getting the info about the 3 daughters being very angry?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 PM

404 posts, read 383,927 times
Wow. First the mess with the BooBoo Family and now this.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,220,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I don't agree. They are in Denial about Josie ' s seizure disorder. There is zero proof the Duggars did anything for their daughters who are victims. They have three very angry daughters, not all were even alive when the abuse we know of was addressed without treatment and after the statute of limitations had expired so Josh could be prosecuted as a juvenile Sex offender.

I do agree that JB and M won't use anyone experienced in sexual abuse treatment. There is even a way Quiverfull families are instructed to deal with incest. There is no evidence they followed those guidelines.

What evidence do you have that these girls know treatment for sexual abuse is available?

Please show me on this Fayetteville, AR website where sexual abuse and incest are defined. I couldn't find them.
OFFICIAL SITE - Northwest Arkansas Rape Crisis Center » SANE Crisis Clinic

There is a link for RAINN. https://rainn.org/ How come the largest city in the area doesn't address incest? From what sources would the Duggar girls or any Quiverfull family girls going to get that information? I sincerely hope you have answers as I think the amount of incest victims in AR could be more than most think. Every sexually abused girl deserves information to be educated about incest, sexual abuse and sexual assault.

MSR
You might check out the State Statute on Sexual Offenses for definitions. This isn't the official Arkans state website, but it's what I found in a quick search.
WomensLaw.org | Arkansas Statutes: 5-14-103. Rape

Look under Chapter 14. The word 'incest' does not appear to defined. Everything appears to be defined as 'rape' including acts between relatives.

I don't know what the Duggar girls know and neither do you. Most are adults and are under no obligation to discuss their past or present with anyone. I can only imagine the publicity they have gotten on the subject is completely surreal.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:55 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,672,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
Wow. First the mess with the BooBoo Family and now this.
Yea, soon TLC will be left with nothing to air, which is a good thing!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:56 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,822,865 times
Answers so many questions. Seems like they followed their cult to the letter

Inside the 'Treatment' Josh Duggar Received After Reported Child Molestation : People.com

Quote:
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have long been proponents of the Advanced Training Institute, a homeschooling program based on Bible teachings, which was at one point run by Gothard.

ATI offers many Christian based lessons and outlines for homeschooling programs, in addition to detailed courses on how to handle sexual indiscretions between family members.

In one chapter, titled "Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family," the program offers guidelines on how to react if "an older brother was guilty of sexually abusing younger ones in his family," according to documents obtained by Gawker. In the alleged ATI teachings, after a period of repentance, the older brother is asked questions such as "What teaching could have been given to each child to resist evil?" and "What factors in the home contributed to immodesty and temptation?"

The passage goes on to warn of the potential consequences of such a scandal: "The damage to the younger children, the ridicule to the cause of Christ, the shame of detailed publicity, and the scars to the life and reputation of the boy were indescribably painful to the family and their friends."
P.S. Gothard, the person who is behind so much of their beliefs was accused of sexual assault of a woman and stepped down instead of facing the charges. This is all reminding me of FLDS...besides the plural marriage

Old 05-24-2015, 07:59 PM

25,649 posts, read 21,814,224 times
Sibling Sexual Abuse and this article is quite good: Sibling Sexual Abuse - A Parents Guide (opd 1996) - Sasian

I had a brother and that didn't happen. I also don't understand why he was not taught about sexual boundaries. We always knew family members were not for "that". I don't understand why the whole family did not have to go to counseling, separately and together. I think he is probably a sociopath.

You got to wonder why the parents felt the need for a "cooling off period". Maybe they were like some posters here and just thought it wasn't that big of deal? And, I would also agree that some seem to be rejoicing that this happened because they can point out that Christians sin. I thought everyone knew that already.

I cannot understand why the story was sat on for so long and why the family would go into the public spotlight with this in their background. Obviously, their "failure to protect" is still in play. The girls should have been pulled out of the home until counseling and evaluation had been completed. Sadly, I hope the wife will be watchful and protect their children if the need arises. I would not trust him alone with a little girl since first experiences can be something that one desires for a lifetime.

I have never seen the show. We cut the cable 8 years ago and never looked back.

One more article as I was searching to see what they call a 14 year pervert: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...use/52431616/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies