Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 03:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Apparently the hypocrisy runs very very deep here.

Jim Bob Duggar called for rape and incest to be punishable by DEATH in 2002 during failed 2002 Senate campaign... two months after his son first abused a minor

Old 05-27-2015, 07:14 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,016 times
Duggar Girls Victimized ... And It Wasn't Over 10 Years Ago Like You've Heard!

This article sums up very nicely what I have been saying: This incident is ten years in the past. For better or for worse, the Duggars have dealt with it and gone on with their lives. What Josh did was "inexcusable" (as I have repeatedly said) but he was a young, stupid and dumb teenager at the time so he deserves to be judged as a young, stupid and dumb teenager and not as an adult. The girls are being victimized all over again by these revelations. No good can come from this.

Old Hag, I will answer your post later. Today is our third day without rain and the garden beckons. The ground is finally drying out enough to be worked. I simply MUST get out there and get my tomatoes and peppers into the ground.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Back in the news:

Hobby Lobby, the Duggars, and Bill Gothard | Micah J. Murray

Related, from 2008.

Hobby Lobby, Gothard, and the funding of "Joel's Army with guns"

There is nothing righteous or harmless about what these people believe.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
In the quiverfull cult - it is the man who makes ALL decisions and controls every aspect of family life. I'm not saying Michelle is not cray but according to her sect - she MUST defer to her husband in everything.
That's not restricted to the Quiverfull movement. That's Fundamentalist Christianity. According to Fundamentalists, the Bible states that the wife MUST defer to her husband in everything.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post

This article sums up very nicely what I have been saying: This incident is ten years in the past. For better or for worse, the Duggars have dealt with it and gone on with their lives. What Josh did was "inexcusable" (as I have repeatedly said) but he was a young, stupid and dumb teenager at the time so he deserves to be judged as a young, stupid and dumb teenager and not as an adult. The girls are being victimized all over again by these revelations. No good can come from this.

Old Hag, I will answer your post later. Today is our third day without rain and the garden beckons. The ground is finally drying out enough to be worked. I simply MUST get out there and get my tomatoes and peppers into the ground.
Ugh, Duggar apologists.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
The problem is that the Duggars have chosen to live a very public life. On the upside, they now have considerable wealth, financial security, and the privilege of traveling extensively on the network's dime. But the downside of fame-whoredom is the lack of privacy, and the humiliation of having their past publicly exposed. It's is absolutely disgraceful for these young women to have this brought to light, but that is life their parents chose for them.

Quote:
[URL="http://madworldnews.com/duggar-girls-victimized/"]Duggar Girls Victimized ... And It Wasn't Over 10 Years Ago Like You've Heard![/URL]

Old 05-27-2015, 07:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The problem is that the Duggars have chosen to live a very public life. On the upside, they now have considerable wealth, financial security, and the privilege of traveling extensively on the network's dime. But the downside of fame-whoredom is the lack of privacy, and the humiliation of having their past publicly exposed. It's is absolutely disgraceful for these young women to have this brought to light, but that is life their parents chose for them.
Exactly. It's Josh's fault for molesting his sisters, and his parents' fault for putting the family in the public eye.

The daughters/other victims are the only true innocents here.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

We are not the ones that released the police report. However, IF the parents were so concerned about protecting the privacy of their children - one might wonder why they chose to parade them on television week after week after week - all whilst knowing that this was already common knowledge.

Yes, many people already knew.

To call Josh's 'incident' inexcusable is to minimize any damage done to the girls. Let's use real words like molestation, sexual abuse, and rape.

IF Josh has admitted to 5 ~ you can bet there are many, many more.

This family does deserve to heal and they deserve to have their privacy - which will start without being on reality television.

There is NO way to spin molestation into anything positive and I cannot imagine any sponsor/brand being willing to have their name associated with it.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:48 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly. It's Josh's fault for molesting his sisters, and his parents' fault for putting the family in the public eye.

The daughters/other victims are the only true innocents here.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
You completely missed my point. I believe that Michelle is not crazy or brain-washed by some cult. I believe that Michelle has positioned herself exactly the way she wants to live her life. I do not believe that Jim Bob married Michelle and handed her a document stating what was expected of her. I believe that she fully and with complete awareness chose the life style they are living. It's also my understanding that the Duggars do not belong to any specific organized church but have taken bits and pieces from various extreme Christian religions and made their own way including Quiverful.
Well, I agree with this. Michelle sure has taken to this role with quite a fervor. I wouldn't be surprised if she has 50 Shade of Gray in her Netflix lineup. Unfortunately, her daughters did not get the same opportunity to live a normal life and then 'choose' this lifestyle.

As far as taking bits and pieces - my readings of Quiverful indicates that is exactly what is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies