Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:38 PM

13,269 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

Obama's Iraq trained force got its rear end handed to them with only 150 ISIS fighters vr 6000 Iraq government forces? What is his policy on the ground if he wants to help them they need ground controlled close air support with A-10's and Apache gun ships but it seems he must not want to even get that involved. Why are we even there at all if your going to help them that way. Why isn't the American people getting updates from our Generals we don't hear much of anything other then a few CNN reports which is injected with opinion.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05...i-takeover.cnn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 05:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
The Powell doctrine was that if you go to war, go with overwhelming force. The Obama doctrine seems to be 'no boots on the ground.'

We could easily dispense with these ISIS ***** if we had the will but we don't. Mark my words, sooner or later one of the US pilots is going to be captured and beheaded by ISIS. And all for nought. Either go in with overwhelming force, or don't go at all.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:16 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
ISIS should be wiped out by the next door nations that are "threatened" by all their activity: Saudi, Jordan, and Turkey. The fact that these three, who could make short work of it, won't do a thing, indicates how much of a threat they truly are.

We should get out immediately and stay out, leaving them to themselves. It isn't worth a single US soldier's life.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 PM

The facts are the people in the middle east are not capable to be governed by democracy they like having a dictator or Islamic state to keep them under control. The problem is these Islamic's acquire WMD's they want to attack the west. My feeling is we are better off with a dictator like Assad in control. I don't think country's around them want to bother with it they don't feel threatened. Obama is stuck now because he wants the dems to hold control of the white house this has a political aspect as well if he makes a big mistake and ends up with American dead solders then he will be just like Bush going into another election.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The facts are the people in the middle east are not capable to be governed by democracy they like having a dictator or Islamic state to keep them under control. The problem is these Islamic's acquire WMD's they want to attack the west. My feeling is we are better off with a dictator like Assad in control. I don't think country's around them want to bother with it they don't feel threatened. Obama is stuck now because he wants the dems to hold control of the white house this has a political aspect as well if he makes a big mistake and ends up with American dead solders then he will be just like Bush going into another election.
In some ways he is worse. We have meddled in just as many Middle Eastern countries (if not more) under Obama than we did with Bush. We arming and training terrorists in Syria that are fighting the legitimate government. And we continue to put our young men's lives on the line for people that aren't worth the sacrifice.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
The Shia militias have to be let loose to beat ISIS. Of course that empowers Iran. Of course, the rational solution is to support Assad. Our Wilsonians in power will not do that.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:59 PM

This thinking started with Hillary Clinton in Libya now look at the mess left behind there I think Libya will be her undoing in the next elections.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This thinking started with Hillary Clinton in Libya now look at the mess left behind there I think Libya will be her undoing in the next elections.

Actually the thinking started with Woodrow Wilson's 14 points.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:09 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
ISIS should be wiped out by the next door nations that are "threatened" by all their activity: Saudi, Jordan, and Turkey. The fact that these three, who could make short work of it, won't do a thing, indicates how much of a threat they truly are.

We should get out immediately and stay out, leaving them to themselves. It isn't worth a single US soldier's life.
I agree, but, unfortunately, I also believe that in the end, Obama will try some kind of operation , involving troops, and they will get shot to doll rags by US firepower in ISIS control. I advocated on another thread to blow up every single piece of US made equipment on the ground we can, then pull out. Yep, even the stuff still in Iraqi hands, because it won't stay in their hands. Drones and cruise missiles could handle most of that. Go after the heavy stuff , tanks, gunships , jet fighters and attack planes , anything that looks like rolling armor.

O is really feeling the pressure to do something about ISIS. I think he's going to order something really stupid, in a petulant fit. Bes wanting all this to just go away so he can concentrate on important issues, like global warming and wealth redistribution. Sheesh, his wife has been out in front of the press more than him lately. He's trying anything to diverge attention from ISIS and what's happening in Iraq and Syria. He's totally lost. A wartime prez, he is not. He's the kind of president that orders and authorizes bumbling , half measure, containment ops in areas that don't matter, in an attempt to appear to be doing something, thinking he can cherry pick targets that will fall, quickly, and then claim success.

This administration scares me to death with how it prioritizes. Obama is circling the wagons around himself, hoping the ISIS issue will keep till he can hand it off. But, time is against him. The elections are too far out. The place was never worth American soldiers lives, and now its worse. And , it I'll now be hailed by the Islamic jihadists as a resounding defeat of the US. It would cost tens of thousands of US lives to try and salvage , and it is NOT worth it. Unfortunately, I don't think that fact will stop that from happening. What a total and unadulterated case of monkeys fornicating a football. And the football is the one getting off.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:19 AM

It's possible he might put a lot more boots on the ground you will know it when he calls up the reserve and national guard. They don't want to beat isis then hand it back over to the Iraq's to be beaten again after the American's leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies