Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Is there any possible scenario where he could be seen as anything other than a miserable failure?

ISIS rises, the economy falters, and Obama’s legacy falls apart | New York Post

Unfortunately the next President is going to have to deal with the long term repercussion's of this guys very bad decisions. We will see that come to fruition before the end of 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 09:30 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
President Obama is neither the best nor the worst President. That's the truth.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Is there any possible scenario where he could be seen as anything other than a miserable failure?

ISIS rises, the economy falters, and Obama’s legacy falls apart | New York Post

Unfortunately the next President is going to have to deal with the long term repercussion's of this guys very bad decisions. We will see that come to fruition before the end of 2015.
The next president will most likely be a Democrat. That said, Obama's presidency will be remembered as a turning point in history. The southern strategy didn't work as conservatives planned just like when the rednecks tried to carve out their own country and split the union in two...

Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times
How has the economy faltered? Economists long considered 6% unemployment full employment, as there are always several % out of work , and wanting to be (voluntary quits w/o new jobs, plans to go to school, etc).

We're in the mid 5%s unemployment, 1/2 it's 2009 peak, 1/3rd down since the February 2009 report-Obama's first month.

we have a record DJ, record corporate earnings. The #1 economy on the planet.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 PM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
The worst president the US has ever had.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:42 PM

123 posts, read 97,122 times
Worst President in the History of the United States.

Obamacare epic failure

War related blunders and failures

Massive abuse of executive orders and stepping around Congress

Gun control lobbyist and advocate

(Insert a FURTHER list as long as your arm)

*Here*

Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,277 times
The US would have been better off without a president for the past 6 years. He should have just stayed on the golf course where he spends most of his time anyway.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
How has the economy faltered? Economists long considered 6% unemployment full employment, as there are always several % out of work , and wanting to be (voluntary quits w/o new jobs, plans to go to school, etc).

We're in the mid 5%s unemployment, 1/2 it's 2009 peak, 1/3rd down since the February 2009 report-Obama's first month.

we have a record DJ, record corporate earnings. The #1 economy on the planet.

Yet the Fed keeps touting that unemployment number as an excuse to maintain artificially-low interest rates.

Anyway, back to Obama. His legacy will be Burger Shack runs, and pictures of the fawning press snapping shots of him slurping an ice cream cone on Memorial Day. Some leader. No wonder this guy has a 15% approval rating among the military.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times
I doubt he'll be remembered much, good or bad. It has been a largely uneventful 6.5 years, other than the economy coming back. Even ACA will not leave a legacy, as I suspect a future POTUS will shift it to single payer (and I hope I am wrong; I'd prefer ACA to that).

The military's approval rating matters no more, and no less, than any other citizens. They are our employees; we are not their servants.

We've had no major terrorism attacks (relatively speaking, even Boston was not massive casualties, more died on Amtrak in Philly). That's a good thing, and like I said, it has been an uneventful 1.5 terms so far.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I doubt he'll be remembered much, good or bad. It has been a largely uneventful 6.5 years, other than the economy coming back. Even ACA will not leave a legacy, as I suspect a future POTUS will shift it to single payer (and I hope I am wrong; I'd prefer ACA to that).

The military's approval rating matters no more, and no less, than any other citizens. They are our employees; we are not their servants.

We've had no major terrorism attacks (relatively speaking, even Boston was not massive casualties, more died on Amtrak in Philly). That's a good thing, and like I said, it has been an uneventful 1.5 terms so far.
of course he'll be remembered, even if it is for something superficial like skin color(which is notable)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies