Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times

Advertisements

I thought that even Republicans wouldn't stoop to defending incestuous child molestation.

Looks like I was wrong. Just when I thought my opinion of Republicans couldn't be any lower.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you didn't read the article, read it, and then make your comments. If after having read the article, those are your comments, it proves that our education system is failing. Where in that article do you find that the author supports what Josh Dugger did?

I suggest you read the article, or read it again if you have already read it. Your comprehension score is zero.
You need to go back and read the article. The author finds great fault with those who condemn Duggar's behavior and throws out one excuse after another for why what he did wasn't as terrible as the "liberals" are making it out to be. I'd say you're the one with a reading comprehension problem.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
But here's the thing, he Duggers claim to be moral yet allowed their son Josh to get away with molestation. I imagine had this been a liberal who claimed moral high ground, you would be railroading him and not defending me. Me, I don't buy into hometeams and don't defend anyone from either side when they deserve it. Josh Dugger deserves it here, especially when he claims that gays are child molesters.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Love how the conservatives circle the wagons when one of their own gets in trouble. This boy never got traditional counseling and what's with the sheriff who was in on this cover up by destroying the documents? This Duggar family is famous for being breeders ? yes, apparently so. THE SHOW SHOULD BE CANCELLED. They cancelled BOO BOO for the mother dating a child molester for a month. This family HARBORED A MOLESTER and had no problem with it either. Despicable behavior and Huckabee is on the family's side? (Good luck with his presidential ambitions)

Old 05-25-2015, 10:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Exactly what has any leftist said that would lead you to believe that they condone child molestation?
[MOD CUT/off topic]
This entire thread is just a rehash of the one already here. Why people think what they have to say is so much more important than those already discussing something is beyond me.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Duggar molested his sisters and one of their friends. His parents decided to cover it up. His parents later decided to sell the whole family to TLC so they can be on TV and make a lot of money. The molester later followed his parents example and sold his family to TLC so they can be on TV and make a lot of money.

They Duggars brought this on themselves: Those sinful gays and their same sex marriage! Those evil trans who are going to molest girls in the bathroom at the mall! Turns out the sin and molestation was happening right there in the Duggar house.

The liberals have nothing to do with what happened. The Duggars were arrogant enough to put their lives on television. They got rich, and famous, and used their platform to demonize the LGBT community. Karma bit 'em on the butt.

p.s. OP: Your friend got several of the facts wrong. If she wants to be taken seriously.... she needs to do her homework.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-25-2015 at 10:52 AM..

Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
The Josh Dugger revelation has raised the hackles of the secular Left. Lest anyone be mistaken, what he did is not to be brushed off as inconsequential, and no Christian, including myself, excuses such behavior, though a few on this forum have concluded that we do, such as this reply to a comment I made on the situation:Nothing could be further from the truth.

What I and others are having a problem with is the inconsistency of what the Left promotes as "normal behavior," and even condones, with their reaction to to what Josh Dugger did. There is a disconnect.

A friend of mine had this to say, and I think she nailed it:
Articles: The Liberal Demonization of Josh Duggar
Umm wow just wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The problem with that article you link is it almost seems like the author is making excuses for the alleged molestation by Josh Duggar by pointing a finger at liberals for their hypocrisy.
No, the problem with this article is that it is full of hyperbole and Reductio ad Absurdum

one of its first critiques of liberals in this article is that we teach gay sex techniques to teachers who then teach it to little kids. Please provide an example of that happening ?????

it also says that we would rather teach masturbation than US History. You actually thought this was going to be a good example ?

Old 05-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Nobody is defending molestation, and nobody is making excuses. Did you even read the article?
the article itself is full of lies.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:33 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
[snip]
it also says that we would rather teach masturbation than US History.[snip]
The quote from the article is: "Isn't it liberals who believe that teaching masturbation is more important than American history?"

While a bit of an exaggeration, I actually agree with the intent of that statement in the article. Reading, writing and arithmetic have been replaced by.....well, total progressive centered BS.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
"According to RadarOnline Josh Duggar was taken by his father to [Bill Gothard's] Basic Life Principles Training Center in Little Rock, for counseling after admitting to groping the young girls." IBLP "resolves issues by using Biblical principles".

Gothard, and IBLP, has a colorful history with his Gothard’s brother Steve being forced out after having affairs with a few of the institute’s secretaries.

Gothard himself left under a cloud in 2014, amid accusations that he had sexually harassed multiple women and failed to report allegations of child abuse at IBLP."

Founder of Josh Duggar's Treatment Center...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies