Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
People shouldn't be presidential candidates if they abuse dogs.
True. Which candidates abused dogs? Do you mean Romney? Yeah that was disturbing and I didn't vote for him.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I recently adopted a pocket pitbull who was used in a dog fighting case. Around here most pitbull fighting cases are in low income areas. Many dogs abused are from low income. I am drafting legislation to one of my representatives who fights for animal rights that if someone is convicted of any type of animal abuse they will be banned for life for receiving welfare. I know not everyone involved in these cases are on welfare but many are and this would cut down. I know someone will say about the kids but these people shouldn't be raising kids and a foster home is better. My dog almost died and it is sick. The people who abused her were also convicted of welfare fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I know for some (e.g. Michael Vic) should not be playing in the NFL, but they do
And yeah, rhyming with Vic, they are sick.

I would opt for more than just a welfare ban, but long term prison time and in severe cases
the death penalty.
Agreed. Especially with many serial animal abusers stepping to to be serial people killers down the line.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:01 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
People shouldn't be presidential candidates if they abuse dogs.

......and don't forget that in his first book Obama admitted to eating dogs back in his Fathers homeland..
Not to turn this into a political thread....

It is true that dog fighting goes on in many low income areas but tying that to someone losing their welfare benefits is the tip of the iceberg. How about taking it away from someone guilty of beating their wife or kids? How about taking it away from the person who sells their EBT card so they can buy drugs.

Crack down on the system abusers first. There are far more of them than ones who hurt dogs.

PS Good for you OP on giving that dog a good home.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
......and don't forget that in his first book Obama admitted to eating dogs back in his Fathers homeland..
Not to turn this into a political thread....

It is true that dog fighting goes on in many low income areas but tying that to someone losing their welfare benefits is the tip of the iceberg. How about taking it away from someone guilty of beating their wife or kids? How about taking it away from the person who sells their EBT card so they can buy drugs.

Crack down on the system abusers first. There are far more of them than ones who hurt dogs.

I want all of those people to lose benefits. I think any type of abusers shouldn't receive welfare.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:14 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Persons/corporations who abuse livestock or poultry shouldn't receive welfare, in the form of agricultural subsidies, either.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Persons/corporations who abuse livestock or poultry shouldn't receive welfare, in the form of agricultural subsidies, either.
Agreed.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I second that for the OP

You know, so many of these dogs end of getting put down because folks are afraid to
take them.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:49 PM

934 posts, read 595,497 times
Ive noticed.that in the ghettos pitbulls are.the dog.dujour.

I think because life sucks so bad in the.ghetto.the dogs are not pets but weapons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies