Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:28 AM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times

Advertisements

Wow, this woman will say anything for a headline to sell a book. But setting aside the ridiculousness of her comparison, she does make some good points. Sobering points.

Jorge Ramos spars with Ann Coulter over her comparison of immigrants to ISIS | Fusion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 06:40 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wow, this woman will say anything for a headline to sell a book. But setting aside the ridiculousness of her comparison, she does make some good points. Sobering points.

Jorge Ramos spars with Ann Coulter over her comparison of immigrants to ISIS | Fusion
The border is wide open and unsecured. Keep in mind obama says climate change is more of a threat then them.
How ridiculous and stupid is that?

Old 05-27-2015, 06:45 AM

Really, it's a genius plan by the Democrats if they truly have a plan to transform the country into a "Brown nation" as Coulter says.

Get them to jump the border, give them the right to vote and the freight train will just keep charging down the tracks and every day Americans will get run over.

How can you not believe this is the agenda? Especially when you hear things like the Obama Administration has now forbid communication between the INS and local law enforcement on the southern border of the country?

If this isn't an orchestrated invasion/coup I don't know what is.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:46 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

It's obvious that she is talking about illegal aliens not "immigrants". Although I wouldn't compare them to ISIS.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
We need warm bodies to do the warm body work for practically no cost to their employers. Immigrants provide this labor. Do you really think we could force a slum kid to pick crops in the Central Valley for a few bucks a day? Do you think we could afford those crops if we did pay the labor the minimum wage.

I think business would love to have the slum kids work for nearly nothing while getting the high wage prices. I object because the first is a form of slavery and the latter a subsidy for the undeserving.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We need warm bodies to do the warm body work for practically no cost to their employers. Immigrants provide this labor. Do you really think we could force a slum kid to pick crops in the Central Valley for a few bucks a day? Do you think we could afford those crops if we did pay the labor the minimum wage.

I think business would love to have the slum kids work for nearly nothing while getting the high wage prices. I object because the first is a form of slavery and the latter a subsidy for the undeserving.
That's a great plan for maybe 20 years but then what? What is left?

Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
One thing she says is absolutely false. She claims we don't have a culture of paying bribes to gov. officials. That's laughable as is most of what she says. But every once in a while she makes a correct statement. "Your not likely to be killed by ISIS if you don't go there."

Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
She is struggling to remain relevant with the base.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
One thing she says is absolutely false. She claims we don't have a culture of paying bribes to gov. officials. That's laughable as is most of what she says. But every once in a while she makes a correct statement. "Your not likely to be killed by ISIS if you don't go there."
Yeah, I picked up on a couple of those statements too. Like "uncles raping nieces" or something like that. I think that has been happening everywhere since the beginning of time.

If she would just say less with more conviction I think she would be more powerful but I think she is almost touret's like in the way she talks. I do think she has some kind of a mental disability, even though she is very intelligent, she just literally doesn't care what she says, she has no filter.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:03 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Oh, so you're for the rich getting richer while Americans are put out of jobs by illegal aliens (not immigrants)? For crop picking we have unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers and in this day and age who would want to pick crops for a living anyway? The growers only pocket the profits from illegal alien labor they pass little to no savings unto the "we" the consumer. So your argument that it saves us money is moot. Besides, these farmers/growers pass their social costs unto us so no, illegal labor doesn't save us any money. Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops anyway the rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. I suggest you educate yourself on this subject. You are sorely lacking in facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies