Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 03:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Back to "I can't argue that gay marriage does actual harm, so I'll claim it's part of a sinister master plan"?

Wasn't that the OP?
I can make that argument and I did. I think you missed the point of the original article, but I'm not surprised. You probably didn't read it anyway.

The point of the original article was that homosexual activists unwittingly help the far Left, the "Progressives" in their destruction of the culture, by doing their part in the destruction of the traditional family and marriage, and also religion.

But nice try.

By the way, there is a plan, and Barrack Obama and his "fundamental transformation" are part of it. Would you deny that Marx was sinister and had a plan? He was sinister, and he and others who followed him do have a plan, and it's playing out right here in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 03:23 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I can make that argument and I did.
You tried, anyway, with your six bullet points.

Quote:
I think you missed the point of the original article, but I'm not surprised. You probably didn't read it anyway.
Your quoted bits did not make it, how do I put it, very appealing?

Quote:
The point of the original article was that homosexual activists unwittingly help the far Left, the "Progressives" in their destruction of the culture, by doing their part in the destruction of the traditional family and marriage, and also religion.
And when challenged, you were unable to point out how gay marriage helps "doing their part in the destruction of the traditional family and marriage, and also religion". But nice try.

As I said upthread: Gay marriage changes your marriage if you're gay and wish to marry. If neither applies to you, there's no change to your marriage whatsoever.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:24 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
I can make that argument and I did. I think you missed the point of the original article, but I'm not surprised. You probably didn't read it anyway.

But nice try.

By the way, there is a plan, and Barrack Obama and his "fundamental transformation" are part of it. Would you deny that Marx was sinister and had a plan? He was sinister, and he and others who followed him do have a plan, and it's playing out right here in America.
The government is trying to dictate how we think on social issues..

Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The government is trying to dictate how we think on social issues..
You can think whatever you want. As it happens, thinking gay marriage is an abomination is becoming a minority point of view, so you may run into people contradicting you when you air it. And if you feel the need to argue it, I think this thread may serve as a how-not-to.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Political Correctness / Cultural Marxism - Discover the Networks

This is root of "Progressivism,"

As homosexual activists seek to destroy religion and the traditional family in order to gain acceptance, "equal rights," and establishment of their lifestyle as normal, they play right into the hands of the radical Leftists, the "Progressives," or Cultural Marxists.
But it's not. No modern progressive looks back to the people you're claiming they do. You can say that it's about influence, but even then your assertion is pretty absurd.

I still never got an answer: exactly why does the destruction of the family unit matter? By that I mean, who thinks they have something to gain. I've read Marx, and I know what he said, which is why I know that his goal wasn't actually that. I don't dispute his disdain for religion, but he wasn't actually out to remove families from existence, probably because doing that would be entirely pointless. Which just so we're clear on what I'm asking, or rather what you'll ignore for the fourth time now, who wins when the family unit is destroyed? And what exactly did they win at? Does that help them in some way?

Old 05-31-2015, 03:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Truth by passes you and you may never figure it out until you meet your maker and it will be too late. That is why there is free will and the rights and laws that man passes.

This country was based on Christian / Judo principles and it is every where you look thru out history. The Church actual brought strength and balance where the Kings Law did not apply.

Christians however will not support a fallen moral life style, but they will not disrespect you as a person. We hope the Holy Sprit will inspire you others with Fallen life Styles. The reason I bring this up is you o like others Dana in LA, choose to take swings at the principles of People with Faith.

Just because Christians do not approve of you choices, does not make everyone a homophobe. It is what it is. Gays live there lives in the matter which they choose. But do not force your hobby with real life and Christians with values.
Yes, that is what you believe. However, I don't believe it. So what? None of anything you say gives a secular reason for the secular US government to prohibit SSM.

Quote:
Marriage,(One Man and One Women) Christianity and the Family Union is the glue that makes this country Great.
Funny, I thought the glue that holds us together is the US Constitution. And in it, I find no acknowledgement that promoting a particular family structure is the main point of abandoning the Articles of Confederation, which, in the judgement of the people living then, was *not* doing the job of holding the nation together. Surely, as articulate as the founders were, if they had thought that family structure was a critical issue in the troubles the US was experiencing in holding together, they would have said something about it.

Quote:
But Gays have the luxury of having the same rights as a citizen. In other countries like Iran, they are shot!destructive end result. Despite what fury you throw at the Majority of regular , straight people.
No, gay people don't yet have full citizenship rights. Hopefully, they soon will. And don't expect me to congratulate you because you don't countenance shooting people because they are gay. Being better than Iran in this respect is a pretty low bar to crawl over.

I don't care what you believe or do in your own life.

Quote:
The Majority of Americans may accept because it been passed some court (We tend to be a legalist Society) , but as life style choice that gay people make will never become normal. Americans will still look at this as a destructive end result. Despite what fury you throw at the Majority of regular , straight people.
We don't *tend* to be a legalistic society. We *are* a society that is governed by secular law, not religious doctrine. And we also value the idea that every citizen is equal before the law.

However many times you repeat that most Americans agree with you about homosexuals and SSM, the evidence is all the other way. And continuing to move away from your position at an amazingly quick pace.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
By the way, there is a plan, and Barrack Obama and his "fundamental transformation" are part of it.
Oh, really. The proletariat is about to take to arms and take control of the means of production? Nobody tells me anything.

Quote:
Would you deny that Marx was sinister and had a plan? He was sinister, and he and others who followed him do have a plan, and it's playing out right here in America.
Unbridled 19th-century capitalism begat Marx. His plan was an egghead ivory-tower utopian pipe dream, his criticism of the Dickensian conditions most were living in and why they did so was spot-on.

You do know why his contemporaries accused communists of wishing to abolish the family? Because the communists had the nerve to argue that child labor should be banned by law. Conservatives were of course appalled at this sort of radical government overreach.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:

But nice try.

Karl Marx was a family man who married his first love, and stayed married to her to the end of her life. They had seven children, three of whom survived to adulthood. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_von_Westphalen

Whatever his theoretical failings, I find it pretty hard to see his family life as sinister. Since it resembles so closely your own.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,408,272 times
Quote:
Political Correctness / Cultural Marxism - Discover the Networks

This is root of "Progressivism,"

As homosexual activists seek to destroy religion and the traditional family in order to gain acceptance, "equal rights," and establishment of their lifestyle as normal, they play right into the hands of the radical Leftists, the "Progressives," or Cultural Marxists.
It must be exhausting being a right-winger. So much paranoia and hate. That's no way to live.

Quote:
Christians however will not support a fallen moral life style, but they will not disrespect you as a person

Old 05-31-2015, 04:12 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
YES, destroy the importance of an intact mother-father family.......this is a big part of the Commies gameplan.

So a women can start a "family", no daddy needed or need-apply. Then, after the "family" is weakened to a point where it looks pathetic........a move to normalize 2 daddies or 2 mommies actually appears to be a step-up!!!!!!!!!

And the "family" unit is also beholden in many cases to whom, YES, beholden to Bigbrother/Fedgov.............BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies