Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 03:27 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He added, “After a shift call, we get together and say again, ‘We’re just going to back each other up and answer 911 calls from our dispatcher.'” And that orders from commanders go “in one ear, out the other.”

In what private company or corporation could the subordinates get away with a statement like this ? Think about it !!! How would this play out where you work ? Other jobs pay for performance. A painter who won't paint, plumber who won't plumb, electrician who won't electrify, a taxi driver who won't take you where you want to go but decides to take you where he wants you to go. Or in this case just go to hell. We will do as we wish.

I would start suspending without pay for failure to preform. There will be enough left who will who will answer the 911 calls. I would also start demoting officers Lt. and below.
In private business you don't have the DOJ on your back and since the police aren't federal employees, the hood in the oval office needs to butt out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
What proof do you have that the police did anything wrong? What proof did the looters and rioters have?

She didn't say that, and there's no excuse for not knowing it by now. Oooh, scary!

I never said she said it. But at one time it was credited to her. That is why I stated supposedly. Having read as much as I could find about the lady I don't think she said it either. She had a lot of good qualities but she was an aristocrat in a dangerous time and place to be one.

Why not wait until you know the police did something wrong before condemning them?
I don't need proof. All I need is reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause. An arrest is made. Prosecutor who brings charges and Grand Jury Indictments. Wallah, there you have it. I have never said they are guilty of anything. When a judge reaches a verdict we will know. It is not likely they will choose a jury when their best hope is a sympathetic judge.

What you want is to criticize the comments of others. So I'll give a dog a bone. And give you one to chew on too. I'll say something that no one else is saying. In my opinion, based on the photography evidence that has been made public, he had his neck injury before he was ever put in the van for transport. I base that on his inability to stand on his own and weird angle which his head tilts. Having dealt with hundreds of injuries, many spinal cord injuries, he presents as someone in the early stage of injury.

Last edited by phma; 05-31-2015 at 04:14 AM..

Old 05-31-2015, 04:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In private business you don't have the DOJ on your back and since the police aren't federal employees, the hood in the oval office needs to butt out.
\

Tell that to the soccer officials they are arresting around the world. See how believable that sounds to them. So you don't like the President. I don't either. He should be very careful how he comments on it. I don't have that burden and I'm free to call it as I see it, just as you are.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Crime is up not only in Baltimore but in cities all over the US.

In Harlem (NYC) crime is up 500%.

America got what they wanted. The police have backed off harassing and abusing "innocent" citizens.
They are not trying to prevent crime now; they are just responding to crimes after they happen.

So now America will have to learn to deal with "empowered lawlessness" that is growing in these inner cities.

The New Nationwide Crime Wave - WSJ
This incessant drumbeat against the police has resulted in what St. Louis police chief Sam Dotson last November called the “Ferguson effect.” Cops are disengaging from discretionary enforcement activity and the “criminal element is feeling empowered,” Mr. Dotson reported.
Similar “Ferguson effects” are happening across the country as officers scale back on proactive policing under the onslaught of anti-cop rhetoric.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:46 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Orchestrated by community agitators.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:58 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Crime is up not only in Baltimore but in cities all over the US.

In Harlem (NYC) crime is up 500%.

America got what they wanted. The police have backed off harassing and abusing "innocent" citizens.
They are not trying to prevent crime now; they are just responding to crimes after they happen.

So now America will have to learn to deal with "empowered lawlessness" that is growing in these inner cities.

The New Nationwide Crime Wave - WSJ
This incessant drumbeat against the police has resulted in what St. Louis police chief Sam Dotson last November called the “Ferguson effect.” Cops are disengaging from discretionary enforcement activity and the “criminal element is feeling empowered,” Mr. Dotson reported.
Similar “Ferguson effects” are happening across the country as officers scale back on proactive policing under the onslaught of anti-cop rhetoric.
Ms. Mc Donald uses some magical math to come up with the 500% increase in crime in a Harlem precinct.

Harlem NYPD Precinct Grapples With Sudden Spike in Shootings - Central Harlem - DNAinfo.com New York

I have seen Police Administrators use the same kind of 'calculation' to beg the City Council to hire more cops or give pay raises to current staff, it goes like this: "During the past 12 months there has been a 500% increase in residential burglaries, it's a CRIME WAVE!!!!" - what they won't tell you is how they derived that number; that 500% could very well have been an increase from 2 burglaries to 10, and given the serial nature of burglars (keep going until you get caught) most if not all of those could have been committed by one person.

It it possible that violent crime is increasing and another 2 years of data will tell us more, but try as she will, Ms. McDonald hasn't told us much of anything at all.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:03 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ms. Mc Donald uses some magical math to come up with the 500% increase in crime in a Harlem precinct.

Harlem NYPD Precinct Grapples With Sudden Spike in Shootings - Central Harlem - DNAinfo.com New York

I have seen Police Administrators use the same kind of 'calculation' to beg the City Council to hire more cops or give pay raises to current staff, it goes like this: "During the past 12 months there has been a 500% increase in residential burglaries, it's a CRIME WAVE!!!!" - what they won't tell you is how they derived that number; that 500% could very well have been an increase from 2 burglaries to 10, and given the serial nature of burglars (keep going until you get caught) most if not all of those could have been committed by one person.

It it possible that violent crime is increasing and another 2 years of data will tell us more, but try as she will, Ms. McDonald hasn't told us much of anything at all.
You link proves you wrong...

Quote:
HARLEM — There have been six shootings, including one homicide, in Harlem's 28th NYPD Precinct since March 30, one less than in all of 2014.
In 2 months, (since March 30th) they are 1 shy of matching all of 2014 numbers.....

What would you call it? a decrease? LOL...

Old 05-31-2015, 08:16 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No. I'm not going to do your homework. Ask the person who did it for you in grade school.
I'll say it: play hard with their kind and I ain't talking about just Black hood rats either. Nail anglo white/American Indian meth heads, illegal aliens and so on. Make "3 strikes and you're out" the law across the US if talking about felonies ABOVE maybe selling weed. Things will start getting better in a hurry.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Orchestrated by community agitators.
Hired community agitators no less only the activist groups haven't paid them.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You link proves you wrong...

In 2 months, (since March 30th) they are 1 shy of matching all of 2014 numbers.....

What would you call it? a decrease? LOL...
They are in denial at this stage.

Now they say the police aren't doing their jobs.
Well the police are RESPONDING to crimes already committed so they are doing their job.

What they have stopped doing is "harassing innocent citizens" based on racial bias when no crime has been committed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies