Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,633,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wonder if this is the same mosque......Phoenix Mosque Leader Accused of Molestation

Then this.......You are being redirected...
You seem to be determined to hang a scarlet letter on that Mosque, for some reason.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:11 AM

28,620 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why were they wanting a new one?
Because the old mosque is a Sufi Muslim mosque. They are a peaceful sect--sometimes known as "Whirling Dervishes," they are more mystical in their outlook and practice. The radical Saudi Wahabis despise them and typically ignore their existence...hence the desire to build another mosque.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:15 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,633,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Because the old mosque is a Sufi Muslim mosque. They are a peaceful sect--sometimes known as "Whirling Dervishes," they are more mystical in their outlook and practice. The radical Saudi Wahabis despise them and typically ignore their existence...hence the desire to build another mosque.
I once danced with the Sufi's, one night, in full abandon. Something never to be forgotten and only done when you're very young.
Once you really let yourself go, you feel like you're flying. It's a definite drug free high.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:07 AM

16,872 posts, read 10,528,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, I'm not referencing the Till incident. I'm referencing the truth of my own life back then. My point is that "whistling at white women" was an act that would provoke a violent response, regardless of the fact that it would have been an illegal response totally out of proportion to the provocation--and even my own people would have said (albeit behind closed doors) "He knew was asking for it." And they had taught me before not to do it.
Is there another case where a black man was killed for whistling at a white woman?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:35 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,912,966 times
Sooo, lemme be sure I have this correct.

The "lovers" hate the haters because the haters hate the fact that the muslims try to kill anyone who draws their stupid mascot dude. And the haters hate the fact that the lovers hate the fact that the haters are hating on the muslims. So they are all standing in the street hating and yelling at each other, while the police, who probably hate having to stand out there in the 110 degree heat keeping the lovers and haters from hating on each other. Meanwhile the muslims just want go to the church and do whatever it is that muslims do inside an muslim church. And the restaurant and bar lost a whole bunch of money.

And in other news ISIS whacked the heads off several hundred non-muslims and threw three gay guys off high rise buildings in Iraq today.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:00 AM

30,025 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Muslims just need to keep their idiotic superstitions and practices in the hell hole countries that superstition has created for them. If they want to worship a Pervert Prophet, fine with me but if we want to make fun of are draw a cartoon of that pervert that liked young 9 year old girls, don't freak out or freak out in your hell holes, not here.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:21 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,986,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
And this is the end of most of conversations with an evangelical...once his conception of God has been proven to be faulty he damns me to hell and runs. What a world
I didn't run?
I was just tired of talking to a clueless lost soul worshipping the devil...

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 05-30-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 AM

18,407 posts, read 7,039,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Ya know, there IS such a thing a yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Just not the best of ideas.
So, why do we allow the extremists of one religion to be "a crowded theater" ?

Why should we throw up our hands and take a "don't poke the bear" attitude when we don't do it for anyone else?

What makes Islam so special that there are those on the left who are willing to give it an exemption from being subject to parody?

Old 05-30-2015, 06:46 AM

18,407 posts, read 7,039,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
This isn't art. The people holding this rally probably couldn't tell you the difference between post-modernism and cubism, even between Manet and Monet.

These people are simple using "freedom of speech" and "art" as a cover for racially based intimidation. It seems the only difference between this and the KKK is that this group has drawn some third rate cartoons beforehand.

They have the right to do this no doubt, but any cultured American should be appalled by this behavior.

So, what "race" are Muslims?

Why is it ok to parody or mock other religions but not Islam?

Why can I publicly draw and disply a drawing of Jesus or Vishnu without fear of being shot or blown up but Mohammed gets a pass?

Old 05-30-2015, 06:54 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,764,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Prove what? Bikers have been major players in distributing and dealing methamphetamine and other drugs since the 1960s, everyone knows that... Drive around much of the rural or poorer suburban areas of the US and look at the toothless white trash spun out on crystal meth. The Mexican Mafia only got into it relatively recently--biker gangs have been in it for years. Add to that intimidation and murder they use to threaten any one who challenges them or potential rivals...yeah, maybe they should clean up their own kind before worrying about others.
The Mexican Mafia is a prison gang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies