Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 05:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It's yogurt.

You know, I'm a Democrat, considered a "liberal" on this board, but I disagree. First Ladies always get crap. Always. The only one in recent memory who didn't get so much was Laura Bush. Maybe she and Michelle could go out for coffee and Laura could tell her how to do it. Lord, remember Nancy Reagan, Pat Nixon? Barbara Bush was not as immune as Laura.
Oh my mistake..... it looked liked whipped cream. What is the yogurt rage, I am seeing more mom's offering yogurt to their boys, mine would never have wanted yogurt for a snack or any other time.

Wonder if Mrs. Obama consulted with a dietitian before pushing yogurt on kids.......just wondering.

Now considering the fact that sugar content was not factored in, the results aren’t actually that startling. “The majority of yogurt available in the grocery store is flavored, which means full of sugar and/or artificial sweeteners,” says Cassie Bjork, registered dietitian and founder of Healthy Simple Life. “These additives feed the bad bacteria in the gut, which basically negates the benefits of the probiotics.”

Yogurt: Not As Healthy As We Thought? - SELF

Laura worked with women in Afghanistan were the "war on women" is real.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no one said anyone had to try it: you are just missing the point: what she is suggesting is totally rediculous and over the top. She is pushing nothing but healthy this and that, and yet, we know she enjoys a McDonalds now and then. It sounds like she is saying, all you out there practice nothing but top healthy foods, but I will do what I want. Isn't this a little hypicritical?
Did she say that no one else could have McDs now and then? Did she say you can't have regular smores? No.
She said there is a recipe that your kids might like.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Of course it was. it was even called Stawberry s'mores. It is actually a strawberry and low -fat vanilla yogurt sandwich made with graham crackers.
I believe it was titled 's'mores' because of the use of graham crackers and two other ingredients. Graham cracker is the common denominator.

What if she tweeted a recipe for, say, peach pie. Would the tinfoilers moan that she was subverting that all American favorite, apple pie?

probably

Old 05-30-2015, 05:57 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
That you can make a strawberry and low-fat yogurt sandwich with graham crackers and call it "s'mores".
Correction. It was called Strawberry S'mores.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:59 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are really trying too hard here.

Ice cream between two graham crackers = homemade ice cream sandwich.
Nah. I prefer Strawberry And Ice Cream S'mores. Just because it makes tiny heads explode.

I'm going to wash it down with a S'mores Frappachino and a side of Oreo S'mores.

Yum.

Oh, just too add - everyone knows that American ice cream sandwiches are made with cookies.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 05-30-2015 at 06:07 PM..

Old 05-30-2015, 07:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I think It would be fantastic with ice cream instead of yoghurt. You know, the full on kind with vanilla bean. Or strawberry cheesecake. Or black raspberry. Ooh I think I might try that.
Yea, a guy could modify the recipe to suit. Thing with s'mores is they're campfire munchies. Half the experience is the melting the marshmallows on a stick and gooping them up with the chocolate in the grahm cracker. But, the ice cream alternative does sound good.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
tweeting a recipe is great in some cases, in fact many should be adjusted some to make them a little more healthy, but there are some things that are as American as apple pie (not tweeted). A few days camping, an open fire and the wonderful pleasures of S'mores being enjoyed with the family is not going to hurt anyone. This time she is way overstepping. Next thing you know she will be telling us, intead of putting olives in our martinis we should use radishes cause they don't have the extra salt.
Problem is FLOPTUS has probably never been on an American campout, with a fire, cooking fish over an open flame. Then sitting around with family and friends enjoying that All American campfire treat.

She'd rather spend gazillions of dollars on a trip to Spain for her and her whelps while Mr. s'more himself is yucking it up on the golf course.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Problem is FLOPTUS has probably never been on an American campout, with a fire, cooking fish over an open flame. Then sitting around with family and friends enjoying that All American campfire treat.

She'd rather spend gazillions of dollars on a trip to Spain for her and her whelps while Mr. s'more himself is yucking it up on the golf course.
Lol....truly, j doubt her idea of camping jives with yours or mine. Sleep on the ground? In a tent? No full kitchen and get water from the creek? CATCH dinner, in the creek? I rather think those are alien concepts to her.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol....truly, j doubt her idea of camping jives with yours or mine. Sleep on the ground? In a tent? No full kitchen and get water from the creek? CATCH dinner, in the creek? I rather think those are alien concepts to her.
I suspect she down right dispises people that would do those types of activities. Especially if it had anything to do with killing sentient beings, I mean fish.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Of course it is an attack on America. Few things are more American than roasting a marshmallow over an open fire on July 4th and putting it and a segment of a Hershey's chocolate bar between two graham crackers. Too even think about replacing this American icon with strawberries and low fat vanilla yogurt is heresy.
Don't worry. You can keep your s'mores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies