Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care who does more. I care about the fact that if Blacks do it, it gets chalked up to "that is Black people for you". When Whites do it, it gets looked at as "wreckless behavior". Nothing about their race is noted. If Blacks do it, everything about their race is noted. Blacks do anything wrong, everything about their race is noted. And it leads us to threads constantly complaining about Black people.

Answer this. What solutions have come out of constantly complaining about Black people other than stirring up anger?
Exactly. The ones who do it are to blame solely based on their actions not because of their skin color. The teens rioting in Greece means white teens are thugs. Because it wasn't blacks doing it.
As if others don't riot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 07:22 AM

267 posts, read 311,198 times
Quote:
I don't care who does more. I care about the fact that if Blacks do it, it gets chalked up to "that is Black people for you". When Whites do it, it gets looked at as "wreckless behavior". Nothing about their race is noted. If Blacks do it, everything about their race is noted. Blacks do anything wrong, everything about their race is noted. And it leads us to threads constantly complaining about Black people.

Answer this. What solutions have come out of constantly complaining about Black people other than stirring up anger?
When white people riot it usually involves intoxication and sports. However rioting for personal gain and looting is rarely done. Rioting is all about destruction, uncontrolled, unbridled destruction. It accomplishes nothing, benefits nothing and improves nothing, but it allows those who utilize it to profit from the pain of others. Rioters are takers, looters, thieves and lowlifes, enriching themselves through illegal acts. They seek short term gain for long term pain for everyone. They are the one's who cry for "justice" and point to their own efforts as a "plot to take them down". They care for no one and no thing except what's in it for them. And when held responsible, they are the first to turn on each other and play the victim card. Skin color doesn't matter to me, it's a persons actions that matter and rioters show their true colors by their actions.

Answer this: During the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore, why do most African Americans think that destroying their own communities will bring peace or justice?

Rallies can be good to show others your beliefs but many times they can definitely get out of hand. If people are going to hold protests and rallies they should do it in a civilized manner. No one likes it when someone is pushing their thoughts down their throat but if it were a civilized rally I'am sure it would attract more people.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The situation you complain about, where people complain about an actual problem, exists only in some corners of the internet.

In the real world, the constant complaining has been about white racism and, more recently, racist police violence. This has stirred up considerable real world anger and probably lead to thousands of white people being assaulted.
Well, if you are going to go at it that way, I can play devil's advocate for a moment. You could also argue that many Blacks constantly complain because of the stuff that has been done to them, going all the way back to the very moment they were forcibly shipped to the USA as slaves. Maybe hundreds of years of maltreatment has done alot of damage. Perhaps it is the fact that despite many changes in America, there are some people who don't change and still try to discriminate. Maybe it is disappointment at the fact that some things don't change.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
No. I brought this up because this is another "let's complain about Blacks" thread, as if Blacks are the only people who riot.
No you brought it up in an attempt to excuse bad behavior. It's a 2 year old's tactic.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Well, if you are going to go at it that way, I can play devil's advocate for a moment. You could also argue that many Blacks constantly complain because of the stuff that has been done to them, going all the way back to the very moment they were forcibly shipped to the USA as slaves. Maybe hundreds of years of maltreatment has done alot of damage. Perhaps it is the fact that despite many changes in America, there are some people who don't change and still try to discriminate. Maybe it is disappointment at the fact that some things don't change.
No matter how you try to excuse it, how much you try to push blame, rioting, looting, destroying the property of other hard working Americans is not going to get the sympathy you seek. It's wrong, PERIOD.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Well, try to refute what I said. If not, then it only shows an inability to have an intellectual discourse. My point is that the culminating events of rioting are nothing new and not limited to Black people.
Hard to find a list of "white riots", easy to find a list of "black riots" ..... this entire fairy tale of "white riots" is based mostly on DRUNK sports fans after a sporting event - this fairy tale also assumes there are NO Black sport fans at all - particularly at Final Four events. The "riot" usually lasts a couple of hours at most and damage is burning some couches, maybe a few cars and a couple of hundred thousand at most. Contrast that to Looting and burning down entire buildings, days and days of "riots" and marches through the streets calling for the Death of Police Officers.

The damage in Baltimore alone is over 20 Million dollars and a lot more than that in Ferguson/St Louis.
All this whining about "but,but,but white peoples riot toooooo is pretty ridiculous.

Baltimore has a lot more "rioting" in their future when the trials start .... maybe they can blame it on a golf game gone bad.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:47 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
I think it's kind of interesting that many non-whites complain about whites, and many anti-capitalists complain about capitalism, but they have little desire to move to places that fit what they're looking for. Also, why are so many minorities moving to capitalist countries that are predominantly white if they're just going to be "oppressed"? It's because they'll have a better quality of life.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:37 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Hard to find a list of "white riots", easy to find a list of "black riots" ..... this entire fairy tale of "white riots" is based mostly on DRUNK sports fans after a sporting event - this fairy tale also assumes there are NO Black sport fans at all - particularly at Final Four events. The "riot" usually lasts a couple of hours at most and damage is burning some couches, maybe a few cars and a couple of hundred thousand at most. Contrast that to Looting and burning down entire buildings, days and days of "riots" and marches through the streets calling for the Death of Police Officers.

The damage in Baltimore alone is over 20 Million dollars and a lot more than that in Ferguson/St Louis.
All this whining about "but,but,but white peoples riot toooooo is pretty ridiculous.

Baltimore has a lot more "rioting" in their future when the trials start .... maybe they can blame it on a golf game gone bad.
I really don't care. If anything, rioting over sports is far more ridiculous than rioting because of perceived injustice.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

I wish I saw this earlier. Here's your frivolous list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6boQ3UriYY

Old 06-07-2015, 12:48 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I think it's kind of interesting that many non-whites complain about whites, and many anti-capitalists complain about capitalism, but they have little desire to move to places that fit what they're looking for. Also, why are so many minorities moving to capitalist countries that are predominantly white if they're just going to be "oppressed"? It's because they'll have a better quality of life.
Many minorities didn't "move" here they were born here. As for the rest of your overused rhetoric, take a look at the U.S Constitution.

We can complain all we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies