Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 11:30 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
We live in a culture of images and appearances designed to sell PRODUCT.

Doesn't Ambercrombie have a scarf department?

Scarf it up, man.

Scarf it up.
Abercrombie and Fitch is just an edgier version of the clothing styles considered acceptable by "The Preppy Handbook."

Scarves go around necks, not over heads.

Preppies are very strict about what they consider the correct "look."

If you can't fit into that, go work somewhere else.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I think people are most freaked out at the thought of having to be exposed to more foreign cultures and views then they can handle.....going to Nordstrom and having the girl behind the perfume counter wearing a hijab or a bindi, oh the horror of it all!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Fascism allows no autonomy.
I might be more impressed with these pleas for acceptance and inclusion if Muslim countries and the Muslim religion embraced religious diversity, gender equality, etc.

They clearly do not.

Only naive liberal and left-wing Americans would feel sorry for Muslims not being allowed to do things that Muslims themselves would NEVER allow other people to do (practice a different religion, dress scantily) if they were running the show -- LOL.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-04-2015 at 11:55 PM..

Old 06-04-2015, 11:45 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I might be more impressed with these claims if Muslim countries and the Muslim religion embraced religious diversity, gender equality, etc.

They clearly do not.

Only naive liberal and left-wing Americans would feel sorry for Muslims not being allowed to do things that they themselves would NEVER allow other people to do (practice a different religion, dress scantily, e.g.) if they were running the show -- LOL.

Nothing about what you wrote has any relevance to this topic whatsoever, especially the part about Muslim countries. I could care less what nations in the Middle East or anywhere else do, the law in the U.S. is pretty clear and that is what the Supreme Court gave a strong endorsement to.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. The point is that youre not allowed to discriminate on religious grounds just because youre going for an "Eastern collegiate look."
You should be allowed to hire only those who embody that look.

No one was saying that she couldn't be a Muslim.

She just couldn't look like one.

Big deal!

What are people going to complain about next?

"Waaaah! Poor me!"

We live in a "Waaah!" world now, thanks to our politics of inclusion and "diversity" (which only means anything the Left likes.)

Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 PM

[quote=dechatelet;39898248]No doubt my precocity impresses you. Still, even if you're right about my age, that has nothing to do with whether or not I would shop there. I was going to say, "Use your imagination if you have one," but I'll give you a hint: I might be buying something for someone else. [quote]

Still not the target demographic, unless you're 16-25, I doubt they care. I've bought gifts for other people as well but I'm not nearly in the stores they like as much as they are. So being older and threatening to boycott a store that you've never before shopped at is pretty meaningless.

Quote:
Headscarves worn for religious reasons give me the creeps, and for good reason. If Americans don't feel the way I do, that is their problem -- and a growing one.

Yeah, that sounds like a personal problem to me on your part. I couldn't care less whether an employee in a store wears a scarf for religious reasons or because they are trying to be fashionable, just give me some good service and we'll get along fine.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Nothing about what you wrote has any relevance to this topic whatsoever, especially the part about Muslim countries. I could care less what nations in the Middle East or anywhere else do, the law in the U.S. is pretty clear and that is what the Supreme Court gave a strong endorsement to.
Well, we need to change the law.

Muslims weren't a significant (or really, any) part of this country when the First Amendment was written.

Their religion is a religion of conquest.

"Islam" means "submission."

Go ahead and like them if you so choose.

I guarantee they don't think much of you, though.

Non-Muslims are to be killed, converted, or taxed and treated as second-class citizens.

Sure, we'd like to give them religious freedom -- but they don't want to give us religious freedom.

They don't much take to atheists and agnostics either.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Well, we need to change the law.

Muslims weren't a significant (or really, any) part of this country when the First Amendment was written.

Their religion is a religion of conquest.

"Islam" means "submission."

Non-Muslims are to be killed, converted, or taxed and treated as second-class citizens.

Sure, we'd like to give them religious freedom -- but they don't want to give us religious freedom.

They don't much take to atheists and agnostics either.

Take it all the way to the Supreme Court, I'm sure trying to justify legalized bigotry against one whole segment of the population will be a winning argument for you.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Take it all the way to the Supreme Court, I'm sure trying to justify legalized bigotry against one whole segment of the population will be a winning argument for you.
If being against Islam as I have described it (and as it clearly is) is bigoted, then the word "bigot" means nothing anymore.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I was deleted for saying this on this topic.. I will post again. I was in Sears saw a middle eastern woman in a head scarf. I was not offended and I am a Christian.
Being offended has nothing to do with this issue.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:44 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Abercrombie and Fitch is just an edgier version of the clothing styles considered acceptable by "The Preppy Handbook."

Scarves go around necks, not over heads.

Preppies are very strict about what they consider the correct "look."

If you can't fit into that, go work somewhere else.
Exactly! If I own the business, I should be able to define the dress code any way I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies