Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,592,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Well, it's not complicated if you're going to just make stuff up.

I still love this hilarious notion of "liberals forcing redistribution." It's right-wing loons who support massive corporate welfare subsidies via everything from extreme tax breaks to big businesses to shunting the cost of employment unto the taxpayers via social welfare programs. Just remember - those taxes you pay to support the working poor are actually supporting corporate profits for businesses that are rolling in dough but who have learned that it's far cheaper to buy a few politicians than to pay decent wages.

But, sure - keep on blaming those "liberals" while shopping at Wal-mart and voting in favor of right-wing stooges who want "small government" unless it comes to everything from the bedroom to waging endless wars we can't afford.
Which liberal policy is not redistribution through threat of force?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How on earth is this political?
Because that is what the liberals should have done!

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again like all of the right wings ones?

Seriously this whole "omg threat of force" nonsense. You're part of a community, you don't get that for free. Quit thinking you have a right to steal the benefits of that community for free.

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Changing tack because your original conservative coffee meme failed spectacularly?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:41 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Quote:
Because that is what the liberals should have done!
No, it is what humans do....I don't brand myself, (You would call me liberal) but I give thousands of my own dollars to those less fortunate every year.....I really don't understand the left/right mind set people in the US have....It seems to me that many of you are your own worst enemy, by defending the uber-wealthy at the expense of the average income earner.

http://www.payscale.com/data-packages/ceo-income

Old 06-01-2015, 06:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,660,284 times
Quote:
What a wonderful world we would be in had most liberals been like this?

Coffee on the Wall | KindSpring.org

I am trying to understand why certain people feel the need to spend other people's money to advance their own causes? Why can't they just spend their own helping the poor or whomever they want to help?
Liberals don't want to spend others money, rather they just want what is fair.

Today billionaire CEO's pay 11%-14% federal tax rates, while single Americans who make $100,000 a year pay 23% federal tax rates.
Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes
Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Democrats try to fix the above tax injustice, but republicans stop them, and then republicans cry "democrats want to punish the rich."
Buffett Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Todays republicans are against high min wages, against tax cuts for the working poor, and against tax cuts for the middle class.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

But republicans love tax cuts for the rich.
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor
How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog

Liberals don't want to take peoples money, rather they just want all Americans to be treated equally.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:51 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,447 times
Liberals cannot be like that because when we see a cup of coffee intended for a homeless man we steal it and then scald him with it. We do this because we are evil and hate everything that is good.

So now that the truth has been told, maybe we can let this amazing thread die out.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,042,063 times
Quote:
What do you consider liberal policies?

I already know what silly path you're going to take with this - basically, any policy that expects a person to think of somebody other than himself is "liberal" and "taking mah stuff!" The mindset of a spoiled toddler turned into a political platform - sad, really.

In short, to a conservative, the only proper policy is that nobody has to pitch in or work together if they don't want to. That idea, of course, fails spectacularly in any social unit - heck, even a family can't function like that, which is ironic given how "family values" conservatives are... well, right up until the get back to bashing the poor.

Anyway, enjoy your roads, bridges, firemen, police, and countless other things built and supported by what to the far right are "evil liberal policies." I also assume that you won't be collecting your social security, medicare, pension or anything else when you hit that age - those are also liberal policies. Also, don't forget to cancel your auto insurance - I'm tired of paying extra despite my safe driving record to support worthless conservatives and their jacked up pickups who like running red lights around here. It's all too "liberal" of them... really... and it's against your beliefs to collect that money since it's "taking my stuff."

Have you gotten the hint yet? Grow up.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
What do you consider liberal policies?

I already know what silly path you're going to take with this - basically, any policy that expects a person to think of somebody other than himself is "liberal" and "taking mah stuff!" The mindset of a spoiled toddler turned into a political platform - sad, really.

In short, to a conservative, the only proper policy is that nobody has to pitch in or work together if they don't want to. That idea, of course, fails spectacularly in any social unit - heck, even a family can't function like that, which is ironic given how "family values" conservatives are... well, right up until the get back to bashing the poor.

Anyway, enjoy your roads, bridges, firemen, police, and countless other things built and supported by what to the far right are "evil liberal policies." I also assume that you won't be collecting your social security, medicare, pension or anything else when you hit that age - those are also liberal policies. Also, don't forget to cancel your auto insurance - I'm tired of paying extra despite my safe driving record to support worthless conservatives and their jacked up pickups who like running red lights around here. It's all too "liberal" of them... really... and it's against your beliefs to collect that money since it's "taking my stuff."

Have you gotten the hint yet? Grow up.

People should pitch in and work as a team willingly. They should not be forced to do it.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,380,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

If we lived in a purely Capitalist society big business would be running the show and everybody would be working minimum wage jobs where everyone made the same
No we wouldn't, because regardless of what liberals think not everyone is worth the same or provides the same value to a bussiness. Supply & Demand works for people just like goods and companies compete for better employees. You think Google is going to pay programers the same as the floor sweepers? Right up until Microsoft pays programmers more to hire them away, then some VC funded startup will offer even more to hire them away from Microsoft because there is a limited number of programmers, there will never be a shortage of floor sweepers so no one will compete to hire them away from someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies