Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:24 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,962,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
making stuff up to prove your incorrect point?
Not making it up. It's right out of the horse's mouth. They talk about how poverty builds character, and how people should "bootstrap" but I think deep down they know that's impossible for so many nowadays but just don't want to admit how selfish they are.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:24 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I think most illegal immigrants are good Americans
I think you haven't thought this through at all.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Nothing hurts poor people in America more than mass unchecked immigration of more poor people to compete with them for jobs and benifits. Right wingers, as in populist conservatives, are the only ones strongly objecting to this. The left has completely abandoned the poor on this issue.
What do you think we should do then? Put them in concentration camps? Force them under gunpoint to go back to Mexico? There's no way to move that many people, without causing extreme suffering. IMO all we can do is accept them now that they are here.

And the identify theft would stop if we just gave them amnesty. We started the mess by exploiting Latin America, it IS largely our fault. They are not criminals, they are refugees. Automation and globalization have taken way more jobs than illegal immigration anyway.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
What do you think we should do them? Put them in concentration camps? Force them under gunpoint to go back to Mexico? There's no way to move that many people, without causing extreme suffering. IMO all we can do is accept them now that they are here.

And the identify theft would stop if we just gave them amnesty. We started the mess by exploiting Latin America, it IS largely our fault. They are not criminals, they are refugees. Automation and globalization have taken way more jobs than illegal immigration anyway.

Doing something illegal usually makes you a criminal.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
I think most illegal immigrants are good Americans
First they are not Americans. Second, there is a reason they come here, one which the poor deny. Third, a lot of them may be good people but how does that help Americans poor. It doesn't, it helps the rich so why is the left, Obama not stopping it. Could it be that the rich are their buddies?

I don't understand how dems can't see how this helps the rich and not the poor.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
First they are not Americans. Second, there is a reason they come here, one which the poor deny. Third, a lot of them may be good people but how does that help Americans poor. It doesn't, it helps the rich so why is the left, Obama not stopping it. could it be that the rich are their buddies?
Unlike most people here, I do not feel like Americans are a special kind of human who deserve better treatment than others. However, unlike the Right I also don't think that multinational corporations deserve more loyalty than the United States government.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Doing something illegal usually makes you a criminal.
What would you suggest with illegals then? You can't force the movement of millions of people without a lot of violence taking place.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
What do you think we should do then? Put them in concentration camps? Force them under gunpoint to go back to Mexico? There's no way to move that many people, without causing extreme suffering. IMO all we can do is accept them now that they are here.

I have a simple idea. Pass a law that says once you come here illegally, you will be banned for 25 years to become a legal resident no matter you try to apply through marriage or family reunion.

That will fix the problem once for all.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I have a simple idea. Pass a law that says once you come here illegally, you will be banned for 25 years to become a legal resident no matter you try to apply through marriage or family reunion.

That will fix the problem once for all.
Then they will just continue working under the table, stealing people's ID, committing thefts etc in order to eke out a meager existence.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Unlike most people here, I do not feel like Americans are a special kind of human who deserve better treatment than others. However, unlike the Right I also don't think that multinational corporations deserve more loyalty than the United States government.
You got it all wrong. We are not special but living in America gives us freedoms and rights others outside the U.S. don't enjoy only the left is throwing it all away.

As for illegal immigrants... we got to be able to help our own first before we can help others. If you try to do both, it's all half ass and it's just too much to expect the American tax payer to support half of Americans and take on more people.

Think of it this way, if you are very sick, how good of a job can you do taking care of others. Not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies