Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I was under the impression that America had the worst (or close to the worst) medical system in the world....even behind Cuba and Ethiopia

He broke his leg in France (the leftie Utopia for all that's awesome), went to Switzerland for initial treatment (another leftie Utopia), yet he chose to come to America of all places for surgery!

Can someone please explain this?
If you are wealthy, the US system works fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 05:05 AM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Maybe he was one of the few that was actually able to keep his health care plan.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:38 AM

70 posts, read 67,273 times
France has the best healthcare system in the world according to most of the available online information with Switzerland not far behind.

It was only a broken leg for gods sake, any doctor in any hospital could deal with it. Probably more to do with security and the general paranoia Americans have about that, no offence to you normal everyday Americans.

Also anybody that entrenches themselves to either the left or right full stop rather than perhaps being left leaning or right leaning with a degree of common sense to see the others strong points is rarely to be taken seriously.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
I was under the impression that America had the worst (or close to the worst) medical system in the world....even behind Cuba and Ethiopia

He broke his leg in France (the leftie Utopia for all that's awesome), went to Switzerland for initial treatment (another leftie Utopia), yet he chose to come to America of all places for surgery!

Can someone please explain this?
I'm going to go with the guess that at 71 he's one step away from becoming soylent green to get surgery in Europe. You know, he goes to the end of the geezer waiting list.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:01 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
According to what I read, Kerry had had surgery on a hip. The Physician who worked on the hip was needed due to the proximity of injury.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
According to what I read, Kerry had had surgery on a hip. The Physician who worked on the hip was needed due to the proximity of injury.
Oh no, applying reason ... you are destroying a perfectly good pointless rant..

Old 06-02-2015, 06:12 AM

174 posts, read 117,517 times
Quote:
I love how the lefties try to explain these things away.

They know deep down that we actually DO have the best medical system on the planet.....but they have a mental block when it comes to actually admitting it!

Hilarious.

(wait for it....any time now, some leftie will produce a chart trying to prove otherwise.)

What I find hilarious is how the intellectually challenged on the right (you) continually ignore the facts. I know its easier to make up your own, but its kind of unsafe. If you want to test my statement, I suggest you climb to the top of a 10 story building, tell yourself you can fly and then jump. Good luck with that.

Oh BTW, here is the graph you were looking for (note the US Health Care is 11th overall - unless you are like Kerry and can afford to pay for the best).

Old 06-02-2015, 06:25 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
He likely has a doctor in the U.S.

If you are overseas and get ill, you generally are not covered by that nation's health insurance (unless you are a student in the UK), and it can be VERY expensive to pay out of pocket for health care.

I would not hesitate to be treated in another Western nation. I've paid for and received surgery in Canada (I am an American) because in 2000, it was far cheaper than in the U.S.
Do you really think money would have been an issue for Kerry?

I am sure that was his main concern- the cost. That is why he had an army transport, designed to carry 100 troops, fly him home.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:25 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
If you are wealthy, the US system works fine.
you have to be talking about the legal system and not the medical system vs the healthcare system.

French probably refuse to operate on Kerry as his Heinz ketsup is an insult to French cuisine.

I know a surgeon who had need for an operation and she suffered the flight home to have immediate surgery here, rather than 'over there'.

To break your femur, the largest bone in your body, is a mjor event. To say he is from America or that is where his doctor is, is illogical in that he probably does not have an orthopedic surgeon on retainer and family physician or urologist isn't going to do the operation.

Lack of trust in Euro medical care on Kerry's part. The insults to foreign lands continue!

Old 06-02-2015, 06:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Oh, for crying out loud. He lives in the U.S. His family support---which he'll need a lot of when he starts therapy---is here in the States. The security for him in a hospital used to having high profile people from the government will better serve him here than a random hospital aboard could ever do. Not to mention most people like to use surgeons they know and trust. Right wingers who try to make mountains out of moles hills like this just make themselves you look foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies