Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 01:35 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What an idiot she is. She thinks the government can solve any problem when in fact all they do is make it worse. Michelle represents the epitome of failed Big Government programs.
-----------------------
Since the new limits on calories, fat, sugar, sodium, whole wheat, and other nutritional elements went into effect in 2012, at least 1.2 million students nationwide have dropped out of the National School Lunch Program in favor of packed lunches from home.

The changes also spawned massive food waste – roughly $1 billion per year – because of regulations that stipulate that all students must receive a fruit or vegetable each day, which most simply toss in the trash.

The waste has been a serious problem in many school districts, one of many reasons hundreds of U.S. schools have ditched the National School Lunch Program to serve students food they’ll actually eat.

‘It’s heartbreaking:’ Denver school board members get a taste of Michelle O lunches - EAGnews.org

If you read the actual article that linked to as the source of the story, you'd also see that

Quote:
The problems at Kepner represent a distinct contrast with what multiple observers say is an upward trajectory for meal program quality districtwide.

About five years ago, DPS began moving away from a menu of processed foods to majority scratch cooking. (Both Kepner’s kitchen manager and another employee there have participated in scratch cooking training.)

The district is also well-known for its robust school farm program, which provides thousands of pounds of fresh produce to school kitchens every year. In addition, all district schools have salad bars.

“DPS is really doing some great things,” said Rainey Wikstrom, a healthy school consultant and DPS parent. “I would say one bad apple doesn’t ruin the whole barrel.”
Outspoken student, burned sandwich and frozen fruit spur meal changes in southwest Denver | Chalkbeat

My son attends a DPS school. The food is cooked on site every day, and they also serve vegetables grown in the school's garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 02:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm not arguing with you, no. There is a preponderance of evidence against you. I need not continue to illustrate it. I lived most my life there, I think I'm pretty well okay where I stand.

What you are saying is you are worse off making $21,000 in WV than making $22,000 in California?

Old 06-03-2015, 02:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
I doubt it in this whatever turns you on world. People even put poison in their bodies when government warns them.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Someone needs to be b i t c h slapped!

Geeeeez. The friggin sky is falling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies