Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:14 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,675,031 times

Advertisements

I have a better idea remove the min wage.
the government is controlling the min wage, when the market should control the wages.
Problem really is we have to many unskilled workers willing to work for peanuts and not enough killed workers to drive up prices of wages. Doesnt help we open borders, and bring in people with even less wages who will work for even lower then min wage.

Who is blame - see government.

So businesses have many options
lobby congress for more mexicans - cheapest now
Build robots to replace the idiots at mcdonalds and the replace a few skilled workers in key places.

So with robots no benefits no demands, no rights work work work.
Mexicans are cheap, no insurance low wages. 20 more mexicans are waiting on the border to sneak in as the government looks the other way. Even as it promises citizen ship and more work visas.

Again who is the problem, government or business?
Govenment first, no open borders, no illegals, and no free healthcare to the illegals coming here.
Government for accepting lobbying and breaking the laws of immigration.
Government needs to follow the constitution and free market principles if they want Americas to actually provide for themselves.
But this government wants you dumb, uneducated and low skilled because you will need the government to be bigger, stronger and ever controlling peoples lives.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:29 AM

20,423 posts, read 12,345,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
That would make you a fascist.
fascist... interesting. in fact the Prog-Activists ARE fascists...

Im good with being considered every kind of evil if the person considering me that is a prog-activist.

if they like me that means I need to review my own behavior because it is clearly wrong.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM

20,423 posts, read 12,345,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That's not even a change. That's just a monthly minimum wage.

Wait, let me guess: and shout "FREEDOM!" while we do it.

I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
no... Its clear to me that we have moved beyond the notion.

we now live in an America where freedom is a fiction. we are being assaulted by prog-activists who will work diligently to insure a person looses their job if they don't toe the line.

I am not for freedom. I am for engaging in the war they stated and upping the anti.

Its time to toss the sorry no good rotten apples out of the American barrel....

I no more want freedom for the Prog-Activists than they want freedom for me.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:41 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,551,680 times
Quote:
I've worked with a few and I know many small business owners and I've had friends that have worked at quite a few.
Every person I know making minimum wage spends a significant amount of their income on beer and cigarettes.

Now that we know this to be a fact, we should discuss why they shouldn't get ACA subsidies.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:45 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,567,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, sure. And watch some of those goods and services disappear.
Perhaps you weren't around when the government slapped a 10% luxury tax on yacht sales. Guess what happened? People quit buying yachts ... and a lot of builders went out of business ... meaning jobs were lost.
I guess this is what we get, living in a debt based economics system. Higher prices and with wages that can't keep up, while giving 25% of our earnings to the FED. I bet they don't have a problem buying a yacht.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,398,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Every person I know making minimum wage spends a significant amount of their income on beer and cigarettes.

Now that we know this to be a fact, we should discuss why they shouldn't get ACA subsidies.

In 2014 I spent zero on cigarettes and about 0.0007 (.07 of 1 percent) of my income on beer.

Your anecdotal evidence is not a fact.

So far this year I have spent zero and zero. (Not because I have become a teetotaler, but because I have become anti-social )

Old 06-02-2015, 12:09 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,590,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Factually, the poor are thriftier than average.

Spending patterns of families receiving means-tested government assistance : Beyond the Numbers: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Old 06-02-2015, 12:29 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,551,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Your anecdotal evidence is not a fact.
Which was the entire point of my post directed at westcoastrambler who apparently feels his anecdotal evidence is fact.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,529,985 times
Quote:
That would make you a fascist.
No, that makes him a patriot!

Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,697,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Since many people argue about minimum wages; how about guarantee part-time workers' $1000/month (those who work 15 - 20 hrs/week) and full-time workers' $2000/month (35 - 40 hrs/week), and abolish minimum wage?
Have at it; nothing stopping you from paying what you want. Robots and computers look better all the time to employers at lowest level of work. Less people working at higher salary and skill level is result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies