Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:35 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

Exactly why do you have an issue with gay rights? Is it your faith, you know, the one you just ****ed on by not turning the other cheek?
My, how utterly judgmental and progressive of you! My issue is with EVERY activist "rights" group who think that because they believe something that they have the legal right to FORCE everyone else to accept their position. That's not only unconstitutional, it's rude and annoying.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:36 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I am not denying anyone a right to marry same sex. Like I said in my initial post, if both are over 18 and it is consensual, fine with me. I wish all states and countries would pass the bill and let them marry each other if they want. May as well go ahead and allow humans to marry animals and inanimate objects too - ALL at the same time. Then no one can complain they aren't getting rights anymore.

I even offered them a lollipop. Equal rights for all. We don't need to hear about it every damn day. THIS IS THE UNDERLYING POINT.

How could you not understand that when it was spelled out so simple and clearly?
We understand your argument, but it seems like faux outrage. We hear about straight marriages in our face every day...do you have outrage over that as well?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
That's how you change society's perception of a social issue.

Propaganda is a powerful tool that can be used to change attitudes of a society.

Only 1.7% of Americans identify as gay yet from all the media propaganda you'd think they comprised 80% or more of our country.

Propaganda is a powerful tool of persuasion.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
I don't pay attention to the media, I don't have cable, I don't listen to the radio, I rarely go out.
You had me, until the "rarely go out" part. You can still experience the world you know
Not to mention, you need fresh air

Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
I am not denying anyone a right to marry same sex. Like I said in my initial post, if both are over 18 and it is consensual, fine with me. I wish all states and countries would pass the bill and let them marry each other if they want. May as well take an evolutionary step forward and allow humans to marry animals and inanimate objects too - ALL at the same time. Then no one can complain they aren't getting rights anymore.

I even offered them a lollipop. Equal rights for all. We don't need to hear about it every damn day. THIS IS THE UNDERLYING POINT.

How could you not understand that when it was spelled out so simple and clearly?
Animals and objects cannot consent to marriage. Frankly, if people want to marry objects, fine, but from an animal rights perspective, an animal cannot consent and any sort of sexual interaction is akin to rape. Which is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
My, how utterly judgmental and progressive of you! My issue is with EVERY activist "rights" group who think that because they believe something that they have the legal right to FORCE everyone else to accept their position. That's not only unconstitutional, it's rude and annoying.
How is it judgmental? Are you a Christian? If so, what you said was quite unChristian of you? Or do you dispute that? And if you aren't a Christian, I still find the idea of punching people in the face for disagreeing with you to be quite barbaric.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
I am not denying anyone a right to marry same sex. Like I said in my initial post, if both are over 18 and it is consensual, fine with me. I wish all states and countries would pass the bill and let them marry each other if they want. May as well take an evolutionary step forward and allow humans to marry animals and inanimate objects too - ALL at the same time. Then no one can complain they aren't getting rights anymore.

Until equal rights for all is a reality, you are going to keep on hearing about it. When states are continuously trying to deny equal rights and others are fighting back, it's going to be in the news. Maybe you should try talking to those fighting to deny equal rights. When they stop, you won't hear about this issue very often.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:

If you're really so sick of hearing about it, why did you start *yet another* thread on it?

I just counted the threads on homosexuality/SSM active *today* in P&OC. There are six - besides this one.

Seems to me you are actively seeking opportunities to talk about homosexual issues. Why is that?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:53 AM

82 posts, read 272,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Until equal rights for all is a reality, you are going to keep on hearing about it. When states are continuously trying to deny equal rights and others are fighting back, it's going to be in the news. Maybe you should try talking to those fighting to deny equal rights. When they stop, you won't hear about this issue very often.

should a group of 5 have equal rights to marry?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
Quote:
I have nothing against gays. If both people are 18 or older and everything is consensual; they want to be together, great. Have fun. But I am so damn tired of hearing about it every day. You can't watch the news or turn on your internet or TV anymore without being bombarded with someone kissing a gay's behind.

Alright. You're gay. Congrats. Here's a lollipop. Equal rights for all. Now SHUT UP about it already.

I agree, Goddess.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snallygaster View Post
should a group of 5 have equal rights to marry?
Well that will surely make SS and medicare go broke quicker.

Imagine..one dies and 4 apply for spousal survivor benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies