Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hillary is what the left has railed against for years: a rich white male.

I think the media is rapidly moving past Hillary and her Hill-billyâ„¢ antics. For example, check out the hideous picture of Hillary they used for this article:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/hil...053811979.html

As my college prof said, the more unflattering the picture, the more they hate the candidate.
The left hasnt rallied against anyone for being rich , white or male( childish on your part).

I swear, it is as if Republicans and Conservatives on this forum dont understand policy differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think she will because she is choking out any serious opposition from entering. Like I posted earlier, she thought she had 2008 in the bag and Obama came out of nowhere.

This time around any potential "Obamas" are getting bought off or bullied before they throw their hat in the ring.
The support for Hillary is so weak that even Sanders is being considered somewhat seriously.

That doesn't happen with a strong candidate and the (D)'s know it.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The support for Hillary is so weak that even Sanders is being considered somewhat seriously.

That doesn't happen with a strong candidate and the (D)'s know it.
Sanders is considered serious in the sense that he actually wants to be president and isnt running for a cabinet position.

He is at 14% in the highest polls, you are obviously misinterpreting the meaning of serious in the content you were reading.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Sanders is considered serious in the sense that he actually wants to be president and isnt running for a cabinet position.

He is at 14% in the highest polls, you are obviously misinterpreting the meaning of serious in the content you were reading.
With a strong candidate he'd be at 3%.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think she will because she is choking out any serious opposition from entering. Like I posted earlier, she thought she had 2008 in the bag and Obama came out of nowhere.

This time around any potential "Obamas" are getting bought off or bullied before they throw their hat in the ring.
I have said before that the 2008 race is looked back upon with rose colored glasses as if President Obama was some nobody who entered the race with no name recognition and then stomped hillary when in reality , this time in 2007, Hillary was at 37%, Barack was at 36%(CNN)

Even in the beginning(Barack announced in Fed 2007), the poll from the day before he announced had him at 23%, her at 28% (Rasmussen)

hillary's highest peak in the primary polling was the high 40's in a 7 or 8 person race. in the races that included just her Barack and John Edwards, it was the mid 30's with her getting to 40% in 3 of 28 polls and Barack in the mid 20's to low 30's.

Im not saying Barack wasnt behind(obviously), im just saying the argument that he came out of nowhere is far fetched.

And lets not forget, she actually won the popular vote in the primaries and the initial state delegate count. Barack Obama basically won the primary because he politically maneuvered around Hillary and won the super delegates along with Michigan and Florida primaries not counting.

If we are being honest, Hillary probably should have won the primaries. In a Republican primary format, she would have. Lok at John McCain's victory map, Then look at Hillary's. It was an electoral primary, Hillary would have won 340 to Barack's 198.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
With a strong candidate he'd be at 3%.
What exactly are you basing that on other than your own opinion of a strong candidate ????

Old 06-03-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
What exactly are you basing that on other than your own opinion of a strong candidate ????
Dennis Kucenich (who would have been a better president than Sanders) wasn't even permitted to be a part of the debates.

Sanders wouldn't have in 2008 either because the (D)'s wouldn't have wanted him to muddy what they considered a strong field either.

its going to hurt the (D)'s this time if they exclude him and he isn't even a (D). Supposedly.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
The left hasnt rallied against anyone for being rich , white or male( childish on your part).

I swear, it is as if Republicans and Conservatives on this forum dont understand policy differences.

http://http://www.businessinsider.co...g-the-1-2015-4

Obama: “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money” « Hot Air

Your post is proof positive of the old axiom "You cannot fix stupid, but you can certainly diagnose it."

Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This time 8 years ago the media was salivating like Pavlov's dogs of the upcoming epic battle between King Hillary and that bag of hot smelly gas, Rudy Giuliani. They were pretty much ignoring anyone else as a serious candidate. Of course neither happened.

Giuliani quickly self destructed. For her part King Hillary had already assumed she was going to be crowned king and the primary was just a formality. This is why, when she came in not only 2nd but 3rd, in the Iowa Caucus, the wheels came completely off that campaign and they never recovered.

It's not unreasonable to think this won't happen again but I do take note that it seems that in all the DNC there is nobody of national name recognition who is willing to take on the King. This either means the DNC has been stripped of any real leadership by the Obama crowed, or every stop, dirty trick, thread and money spent, to silence this opposition.

Anyone voting for that charade is living on delusion island.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This time 8 years ago the media was salivating like Pavlov's dogs of the upcoming epic battle between King Hillary and that bag of hot smelly gas, Rudy Giuliani. They were pretty much ignoring anyone else as a serious candidate. Of course neither happened.

Giuliani quickly self destructed. For her part King Hillary had already assumed she was going to be crowned king and the primary was just a formality. This is why, when she came in not only 2nd but 3rd, in the Iowa Caucus, the wheels came completely off that campaign and they never recovered.

It's not unreasonable to think this won't happen again but I do take note that it seems that in all the DNC there is nobody of national name recognition who is willing to take on the King. This either means the DNC has been stripped of any real leadership by the Obama crowed, or every stop, dirty trick, thread and money spent, to silence this opposition.

Anyone voting for that charade is living on delusion island.
I'm just wondering who Hillary will pick to be Sec of State?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies