Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 01:57 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Obama will be the first President to leave office and not see a bump in his poll numbers. The people who hate him will never soften on him because his color will not change.
I think that is unfair. I voted for him in 2008 (my mistake), but I really do think he is just as bad as Bush was. (I was one of those people who really did think that anyone would be better than Bush.)

Obama really let me down -- and it has absolutely nothing to do with his ancestry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 04:46 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As bad as I believe Obama is, as bad as I believe both Bush's were, Lyndon Baines Johnson in my opinion was the president that did more destruction to this country than any president before or since.
I think you might be right when one looks at the horrible damage Johnson's "Great Society" legislation has done and will continue to do until we stop it. The difference in my mind is that Johnson did not trash the Constitution...he did his damage legally, albeit it was a disaster for America...but Obama has deliberately and illegally gone against our Constitution to achieve his both domestic and foreign policy goals. I have a problem with putting terrible legislation as worse than trashing our Constitution. I guess I would have to put Johnson in a close 2nd, but in my mind our Constitution is sacred and anyone who deliberately bashes and breaks Constitutional law is No. 1 bad guy.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Ignorance is a bliss.
Yes, some of us have seen that ignorance and I, for one, have to wonder how anyone living in America can actually believe what they speak.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Bill Clinton (husband of presidential hopeful Hillary) has a 64% approval rating.

BTW, Obama pushing 50% is not good news for the GOP.
yes, Bill Clinton flip flopped and towards the middle of his term, started following the GOP agenda. Obama is full steam ahead with stupidity.. I cant think of many segments of society who still support him.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:11 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Americans forget quickly or are too lazy to do a little thinking. Bush was complete failure and can't leave the country because he would be arrested for crimes against humanity.
Regardless of whether a President has direct control or not, we judge them on how everyday living is going along. People always give credit or blame. With that, I can clearly say that my situation is tremendously better under Obama.
** My financial portfolio under Bush was horrendous. Under Obama it is the BEST ever.
** The USA was hated abroad under Bush, now under Obama people see us in a more favorable light
** Gas prices are lower under Obama. Yesterday, I filled up at $2.29 a gallon.

Keep it up Obama!

Old 06-04-2015, 05:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...loves America.

Lemme go watch baseball and eat a slice of apple pie.
Hopefully, Bush will own the team.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Obama > Bush

When Bush left office, to the sigh of relief of all civilization, our European allies described him as "frighteningly ignorant". This is because everything he touched turned to crap. His foreign policy was Neanderthal diplomacy, entirely ineffective. He destabilized every region he touched. His domestic policy didn't exist, and was the worst in history. Bush was given a SURPLUS, and turned it into a record deficit. He turned every domestic category into CRISIS mode. It will take DECADES to undue to damage of the Bush presidency, and out Supreme Court is currently corrupted because of the people he put on the Court.

Most telling however, is that every GOP candidate, no matter what office he/she is running for, runs away from any association with Dubya. The 800 lb gorilla in the room when looking at all the potential GOP presidential hopefuls this year is, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN BUSH WAS DECIMATING THE COUNTRY? WHY DIDN'T YOU SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT? WHY DIDN'T YOU PROPOSE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE FROM YOUR PARTY?

Bush is the gift that keeps on giving. He can't even be mentioned in the same conversation with the great President Obama and all that Obama has done.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Damn, you beat me too it.

This will be the future. Bush is manifestly a better president.

Bush pulled us out of the Clinton recession and kept the economy humming for seven years. There was an economic crash at the end- one which he warned was coming. But for the most part his tenure was very good. Compare that to Obama, who has yet to give us a palpable recovery.

In the post 9/11 environment, when there was a consensus that we should fight our enemies, Bush did so, leaving a free and relatively stable Iraq that could have served as an example for all of the Middle East. Then Obama waltzes in, unilaterally and completely withdraws our troops, and now it is a seething terrorist hot bed. Other regions that were stabilized under Bush such as Russia and Libya have also fallen apart.

Obama has given us one of the most unpopular bills in history in Obamacare.

The future will judge Bush as a likable, capable president who has some hard times and a press that distorted everything he did, and Obama as a disgrace to the office.

Bush is a better American.

The economic collapse was a result of legislative action during Clinton's last term. Banks were told to give away home loans at any cost. They did and the economy collapsed.

Obamacare speaks for itself and we haven't seen all of it as of yet.

Bush is like the guy you run into at HD while buying 2x4s and strike up a conversation with.
Obama is the guy who cuts you off in traffic and flips you off if you look at him.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:27 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As bad as I believe Obama is, as bad as I believe both Bush's were, Lyndon Baines Johnson in my opinion was the president that did more destruction to this country than any president before or since.
As a fellow Texan, I agree. He started this disaster that is still in motion.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I think that is unfair. I voted for him in 2008 (my mistake), but I really do think he is just as bad as Bush was. (I was one of those people who really did think that anyone would be better than Bush.)

Obama really let me down -- and it has absolutely nothing to do with his ancestry!
Well, yes it does. His mentality is inherited from his ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies