Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:52 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times

Advertisements

If George W. Bush has really overcome his disastrous 22% approval rating when he left office and his Iraq quagmire, then the RNC will allow him to talk at the Republican Convention in 2016. Ofcourse that will never happen because his list of mishaps that brought this great country down to its knees are too long and too fresh in people's minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 12:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...we know. Let's elect the loser that I'd rather swill a Budweiser with while telling tall tales and ogling the ugly barmaid with no teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Black n tan Guinness/Sierra Nevada.

Your thread buddy boy just doin my part.
Quote:
You most certainly are.

LMAO @ "who I'd rather drink a beer with."

Only an American would consider that to be an important political consideration. Rolled up ballcap, Skoal Bandit, and Buck Knife on my belt buckle.

SMH....yeah.

The amazing thing is without knowing either guy, you just assume that you'd have more in common with Bush....

A third or fourth generation member of a dynastic blueblood multimillionaire New England political family.

Bush wouldn't give you the time of day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Obama wouldn't waste his time with you, either.
Quote:
I'd certainly hope not. I wouldn't waste my time with me if I were him either.

But then, I'm not some dope claiming to want a president that'll drink a beer with me.

I don't want a president that would bother with something as stupid as that.
Quote:
I don't think anyone here is dying to have a beer with any president.

Miss the point much?
Quote:
You never made a point.

Your intent was to belittle me by responding with some nonsense about Obama wanting nothing to do with me...as if that would insult me somehow.

Didn't work.
Read the above.

You are the one who was doing the insulting.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what. Like I said, people vote party lines. And why do you care what he was awarded. Does that affect you in any way
Obama's winning the world's most prestigious award (the Nobel Peace Prize) -- for doing absolutely nothing except being president for a couple of months -- proves that he is a cult Messiah to his acolytes.

Those acolytes include the Swedes, who -- I note -- don't have to deal with him any more than they had to deal with the terrorist and murderer Yassir Arafat to whom they also awarded a Nobel Peace prize.

Maybe there is something to the concept of "Karma," given that Sweden is now having major problems with radical Muslim immigrants.

Do I personally care?

No.

But I will say that giving awards to people who don't deserve them demeans the very concept of merit.

Obama, the Clintons, and liberals and Democrats in general, are a veritable engine of standards-lowering.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Dubyas' tenure of 8 years was a horror show of epic proportions. He left the country in a smoldering mess, bleeding thousands of jobs per month
The Democrats caused the Great Recession with their home loans to poor people and illegal aliens.

They forced banks to lend to bad credit risks or lose the ability to expand and keep their FDIC insurance.

The banks didn't care because Fannie and Freddie (meaning the government, meaning the taxpayers) guaranteed repayment of the bad loans.

And that's just what happened. When the banks failed, the government bailed them out.

You can thank Jimmy Carter for starting the whole process with his Community Reinvestment Act.

All done to help the poor and "not be racist."

Bush should have done more to reign in Fannie and Freddie, but it was the Democrats -- not the Republicans -- who were hell bent on making bad loans, even to illegal aliens.
Quote:
...and got thousands of our fellow country men slaughtered in needless wars that cost us over three trillions dollars.
The Democrats voted for those wars, and voted to keep funding them.
Quote:
...At least Reagan left the country in a better state with thousands of jobs being added per month even though he was mired in one of the biggest scandals in America's history (Iran-Contra).
I always love it when lefties and liberals praise Reagan, who -- when he was president -- was the Evil Incarnate as far as they were concerned.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
What lie was peddled?
"If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"A video caused the attack in Benghazi."

That's a start....

Old 06-09-2015, 07:19 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
"If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"A video caused the attack in Benghazi."

That's a start....
"Mine will be the most transparent administration ever."

I saw through that one immediately.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Quote:
I always love it when lefties and liberals praise Reagan, who -- when he was president -- was the Evil Incarnate as far as they were concerned.
I am just stating the facts - during his second term there were job gains. However he was also mired in Iran Contra, laughed off Aids, signed into law the Emergency Room law which lacks the personal responsibility principle for paying for healthcare, was responsible for blowing up the budget and on a government spending binge via surplus military spending.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:41 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
I am just stating the facts - during his second term there were job gains. However he was also mired in Iran Contra, laughed off Aids, signed into law the Emergency Room law which lacks the personal responsibility principle for paying for healthcare, was responsible for blowing up the budget and on a government spending binge via surplus military spending.
Laughed off AIDS? Amazing what some people claim. Increase in spending, by percent, on AIDS was actually higher during the Reagan years than the Clinton years. Was Clinton "laughing," too?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
The Reagan Administration could have declared a national emergency with regard to AIDS because, at the time, it was thought that AIDS could easily spread to the general population.

He could have instituted a quarantine for all gays.

But he didn't do that. And he didn't laugh it off. He didn't really say anything about it.

Reagan was not homophobic. He had many friends in Hollywood, and Hollywood has always had a lot of gay male movie stars like Rock Hudson.

So when the Left tries to portray Reagan as coldly unsympathetic to AIDS victims, they are barking up the wrong tree.

The emergency room law? What law? Wasn't it the Supreme Court that decided that emergency rooms couldn't turn people away?

That seems far more likely than some law that Reagan sponsored and signed, although I will admit it is a possibility.

But even if he did, what would you propose -- letting people die in the streets? Letting people with infectious and highly contagious diseases go untreated and spread those diseases to others?

Reagan added a little over ONE trillion dollars to the national debt.

Obama has added NINE trillion dollars and counting.

Reagan's policies brought us out of a horrible economy (much worse than the 2008 recession) -- and set the stage for the demise of the Soviet Union and a huge reduction in nuclear weapons.

Iran-Contra?

Yes, Reagan ignored Congress and went around them -- just like Obama does all the time.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:57 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
The "Party of Business" should judge presidents performance by the state of the economy when they took office and when they left- just like how they would judge the performance of any CEO.

By this measure, Dubyas' tenure of 8 years was a horror show of epic proportions. He left the country in a smoldering mess, bleeding thousands of jobs per month, Bin Laden on the loose, and got thousands of our fellow country men slaughtered in needless wars that cost us over three trillions dollars (yet they keep saying we need to cut social security and medicaid!). How any Tea Partier can defend Dubya with a straight face is beyond me. Atleast Reagan left the country in a better state with thousands of jobs being added per month even though he was mired in one of the biggest scandals in America's history (Iran-Contra).
"Dubyas' tenure of 8 years was a horror show of epic proportions.

The facts DON'T support your claim of 8 YEARS.

"Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent. The U.S. economy benefits from a solid foundation, but we cannot take economic growth for granted and economic indicators have become increasingly mixed. President Bush will continue working with Congress to address the challenges our economy faces and help facilitate long-term economic growth, job growth, and better standards of living for all Americans.

* Real GDP grew at a strong 4.9 percent annual rate in the third quarter of 2007. The economy has now experienced six years of uninterrupted growth, averaging 2.8 percent a year since 2001.

* Real after-tax per capita personal income has risen by 11.7 percent - an average of more than $3,550 per person - since President Bush took office.

* Over the course of this Administration, productivity growth has averaged 2.6 percent per year. This growth is well above average productivity growth in the 1990s, 1980s, and 1970s.

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies