Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 02:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That's great that you tried the marijuana herb and didn't like it-alot better than people that rail against it without ever experiencing it.

But if you think Government should have the power to kidnap, imprison, torture and even kill fellow citizens because they partake in an herb you don't use-uhhhh-it would seem you have several screws lose and maybe shouldn't be the person speaking with authority on this subject.
Wow, did I say what you say, I said?

What we discussed in the 70's and 80's was the legalization of marijuana; who would profit. Clearly the U.S. Government through taxation would profit, yes? Like that of alcohol and cigarettes taxation of its use would profit the Government. They could tax the drug cartels and make a huge amount of money off of them, off the user. So, why didn't they legalize it then? We concluded that in the future when the Government needed the tax dollars, marijuana would then be made legal, but not before.

So what are we looking at today. The legalization of marijuana. Why? Because the Government needs money.

If some one wants to say, it is because of freedom. Go ahead.

If some one wants to say, it is because it has medicinal purpose. Go ahead.

If some one wants to say, it is because they want to free up the jail space. Go ahead.

Just don't sit back and deny the real reason.

Cannabis and Cannabinoids - National Cancer Institute

Quote:
Despite its designation as having no medicinal use, Cannabis was distributed to patients by the U.S. government on a case-by-case basis under the Compassionate Use Investigational New Drug program established in 1978. Distribution of Cannabis through this program was discontinued in 1992.[1-4] Although federal law prohibits the use of Cannabis, the table below lists the localities that permit its use for certain medical conditions.
Marijuana Research: The Effects of Marijuana Smoke

Quote:
The combustion of this vegetable material into smoke and its inhalation into the lungs is inherently unhealthy. The extent to which an individual can make an informed decision to assume the risks of smoke inhalation can only be gauged by an assessment of the risks and dependence liability associated with the unique chemicals in the plant material. Considerable research has been done on the effects of marijuana smoke on the lungs by Donald Tashkin of UCLA and his colleagues.
All present and accounted for:

Feds raid Denver-area marijuana dispensaries, grow operations, 2 homes - The Denver Post

Quote:
Dorschner said the raids were being conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service criminal investigations unit, the Denver Police Department and state and local law enforcement.
The war on drugs just got more interesting. That is what I said.

When they legalize the use of marijuana after a longevity of saying, it is illegal and offers no medical benefits, if a person is not asking the question why? That person is not paranoid enough and needs to smoke a little more.

This is another of those, just because they say we can, doesn't mean we should, examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 02:53 PM

463 posts, read 320,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Wow, did I say what you say, I said?

What we discussed in the 70's and 80's was the legalization of marijuana; who would profit. Clearly the U.S. Government through taxation would profit, yes? Like that of alcohol and cigarettes taxation of its use would profit the Government. They could tax the drug cartels and make a huge amount of money off of them, off the user. So, why didn't they legalize it then? We concluded that in the future when the Government needed the tax dollars, marijuana would then be made legal, but not before.

So what are we looking at today. The legalization of marijuana. Why? Because the Government needs money.

If some one wants to say, it is because of freedom. Go ahead.

If some one wants to say, it is because it has medicinal purpose. Go ahead.

If some one wants to say, it is because they want to free up the jail space. Go ahead.

Just don't sit back and deny the real reason.

Cannabis and Cannabinoids - National Cancer Institute

Marijuana Research: The Effects of Marijuana Smoke

All present and accounted for:

Feds raid Denver-area marijuana dispensaries, grow operations, 2 homes - The Denver Post

The war on drugs just got more interesting. That is what I said.

When they legalize the use of marijuana after a longevity of saying, it is illegal and offers no medical benefits, if a person is not asking the question why? That person is not paranoid enough and needs to smoke a little more.

This is another of those, just because they say we can, doesn't mean we should, examples.
On this subject, you are one of the most delusional posters I have ever met. In fact, you are so unbelievably wrong about every sentence that I am starting to wonder if you are a troll.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
On this subject, you are one of the most delusional posters I have ever met. In fact, you are so unbelievably wrong about every sentence that I am starting to wonder if you are a troll.
I could say the same for you.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:20 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Heck i thought I was the anti marijuana hate child... what no more love.????

I think anyone who substitutes one drug for another and then tries to tell the rest of us... see.. how much better this other stupefying drug is for me should consider counseling .
I don't need to smoke marijuana to know that a burning substance put in my mouth is not healthy by default.

Please... proponents ..stop posting up that users are routinely jailed and incarcerated... its not factual... mj users are not jailed in California... especially with the almost get out of jail for free script card...

Old 06-18-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Heck i thought I was the anti marijuana hate child... what no more love.????
LOL - You have already earned back my love just by posting so much more nonsense!

Quote:
I think anyone who substitutes one drug for another and then tries to tell the rest of us... see.. how much better this other stupefying drug is for me should consider counseling .

Not only are my eyes rolling, but that is really presumptuous of you.

My brother didn't escape alcoholism. Comparing his health to mine would be a real eye-opener for you. It isn't even close.

Quote:
Please... proponents ..stop posting up that users are routinely jailed and incarcerated... its not factual... mj users are not jailed in California... especially with the almost get out of jail for free script card...
Police Made One Marijuana Arrest Every 42 Seconds in 2012 - US News

Pot Busts Much More Likely in Some States, Counties | Alternet

A Drug Arrest Every 19 Seconds, Says Latest US Data [FEATURE] | StoptheDrugWar.org

Police Made More Arrests For Drug Violations Than Anything Else In 2012 | ThinkProgress
Attached Thumbnails
Another nail in the coffin for marijuana prohibition-1965-2012-marijuana-arrests-chart.jpg  

Old 06-18-2015, 07:51 PM

Default US Patent 6630507: The Nail in the Drug War Coffin?

Quote:
Quote:
I could say the same for you.
In a time when alcohol is legal why do the moon shiners continue to fire up their stills to sell and consume? TAX is not freedom.

US Patent 6630507: The Nail in the Drug War Coffin? |
Quote:
The nail in the coffin of the US War on Drugs is a medical marijuana patent owned by the federal government. At least, it should have been the fatal mistake of a dying concept, but it wasn’t. Instead, the War on Drugs has sloshed onward, buoyed largely by the predation of the government on marijuana users based on the claim that the plant has no medical value. At the very least the feds could change their argument to the reality of the situation, which essentially boils down to the idea that even if marijuana does have medical uses, the government has secured a monopoly on any potential profits.
I was born the same year Obama was born and I am older only by a few months. I know my generation, then and now. What is the average age of our representatives across the U.S.?

We didn't have the Internet; we informed each other. However, getting high, we didn't care. We just wanted to get high, that's it. We knew the risks and we did it any way. Yes, we got stupid. But I think what is more stupid, is to know it and deny it, that's not just stupid...that's just plain dumb.

How much do you pay for your hook up? Add tax and call it, freedom. There is no other argument for legalizing it.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
How much do you pay for your hook up? Add tax and call it, freedom. There is no other argument for legalizing it.
What hookup is that? I grow my own, and have for years. In Colorado that is PERFECTLY legal, as long as you abide by the rules: Only 6 plants max, only 3 in flowering at any given time, indoors only, etc.

I abide by all those rules.

It is absolutely hideous that in certain other states you can receive a life sentence for growing your own.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
What hookup is that? I grow my own, and have for years. In Colorado that is PERFECTLY legal, as long as you abide by the rules: Only 6 plants max, only 3 in flowering at any given time, indoors only, etc.

I abide by all those rules.

It is absolutely hideous that in certain other states you can receive a life sentence for growing your own.

Monsanto Poised To Take Over the Cannabis Industry |

Quote:
And, as anyone who’s ever stepped foot in a bar or liquor store or hospital knows, that means big corporations jockeying for your money.
Don't get to use to doing that, growing your own I mean. Even the stiller, knows to keep it out of sight.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-18-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 06-18-2015, 08:21 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Pot smokers are inhaling carcinogenic poisons because it makes them feel good. C'mon. How smart are they?

Does smoking cannabis cause cancer? | Cancer Research UK

Later, they will sue the government for letting them smoke a harmful substance.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pot smokers are inhaling carcinogenic poisons because it makes them feel good. C'mon. How smart are they?

Does smoking cannabis cause cancer? | Cancer Research UK

Later, they will sue the government for letting them smoke a harmful substance.
Well of course there's a law suit pending in the future. This is America!

United States v. Philip Morris (D.O.J. Lawsuit) | Public Health Law Center
Quote:
The DOJ then sued on the ground that the tobacco companies had engaged in a decades-long conspiracy to (1) mislead the public about the risks of smoking, (2) mislead the public about the danger of secondhand smoke; (3) misrepresent the addictiveness of nicotine, (4) manipulate the nicotine delivery of cigarettes, (5) deceptively market cigarettes characterized as “light” or “low tar,” while knowing that those cigarettes were at least as hazardous as full flavored cigarettes, (6) target the youth market; and (7) not produce safer cigarettes.
Substitute one for the other and hello law suit. Who doesn't see that coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies