Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
It's amazing how ignorant you are when it comes to cannabis, considering how rabid you are about the subject.

Posters here are going out of their way to give you a free education. You should be thankful, not argumentative.

Interesting diatribe.. ignorance abounds... I wonder how long you could not be high and be happy. But... unfortunately federal court does not agree with your assessment of my abilities when it comes to marijuana.. and defense attorneys try as they may haven't yet pierced my expertise. They do keep me on my toes though....

When it comes to the real world.. the street.. and law.. I dont argue... I do my job..when it comes time to take down an illegal grow I do it as well (sic rabid= focused) as I would taking a petty theft report from a victim... while with mj as a crutch perhaps sit behind a computer toking away forgetting what happened in those stoned seconds... minutes... hours of life... perhaps wanting to zone out from a screwed up life or existence of personal making.. perhaps there is psychic pain from not being appropriately breast fed.. perhaps their is the desire to be with the "in" crowd forgetting individuality.. perhaps dopers are just screwed up.. whatever motivates people to want to be altered says a lot about them.. anyway... while someone perhaps like you sits in relative peace (hopefully) in stoned condition I serve my community

Im sorry for anyone who lives to be stoned

19 states have decriminalized pot
I havent written a ticket for it in years
No one here in California is in jail for simple possession.. nor elsewhere for that matter
people do get cited.. really I would call it the "Im stupid" cite.. for doing something asshat that got them on somebody's radar... law cannot fix that
So when "arrests" are listed.. again.. that include cites

No one is kidnapped... tortured.. imprisoned or murdered because of pot by the legal system.. I think that poster must have been smoking some of the ghost train haze #1.

I have the benefit of age .. experience.. wisdom and knowledge through watching drug behavior over the years. Add any drug you like.. alcohol is a drug as well in my book

Which is why I don't use any substances... at all.. which is why I practice what I preach.. which is why I don't even take aspirin... (Im not opposed to drugs that would extend life and reduce suffering.. Im just lucky I dont need them,,, well its not all luck because I take care of myself.. but I do have the luck of good dna)

I suggest a mirror and six weeks off marijuana,,, the six week mark seems to be a good barometer of how addicted to it you are... after six weeks the cravings for thc seem to be (as self reported) to be reduced and then there is the true monkey on the room.. your mind... how do we fix the mind used to being anesthetized

Ponder that... sober if possible... my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
It's amazing how ignorant you are when it comes to cannabis, considering how rabid you are about the subject.

Posters here are going out of their way to give you a free education. You should be thankful, not argumentative.

Interesting diatribe.. ignorance abounds... I wonder how long some users could not be high and be happy. But... unfortunately federal court does not agree with your assessment of my abilities when it comes to marijuana.. and defense attorneys try as they may haven't yet pierced my expertise. They do keep me on my toes though....

When it comes to the real world.. the street.. and law.. I dont argue... I do my job..when it comes time to take down an illegal grow I do it as well (sic rabid= focused) as I would taking a petty theft report from a victim... while a proponent perhaps sit behind their computer toking away forgetting what happened in those stoned seconds... minutes... hours of life... perhaps they want to zone out from a screwed up life or existence of your own making.. perhaps they have psychic pain from not being appropriately breast fed.. perhaps they wanted to be with the "in" crowd forgetting their individuality.. perhaps they're just screwed up.. whatever motivates people to want to be altered says a lot about them.. anyway... while you sit in relative peace (hopefully) in your condition I serve my community

No one here in California is in jail for simple possession.. nor elsewhere for that matter
people do get cited.. really I would call it the "Im stupid" cite.. for doing something asshat that got them on somebody's radar... law cannot fix that

No one is kidnapped... tortured.. imprisoned or murdered because of pot by the legal system.. I think that poster must have been smoking some of the ghost train haze #1.

I have the benefit of age .. experience.. wisdom and knowledge through watching drug behavior over the years. Add any drug you like.. alcohol is a drug as well in my book

Which is why I don't use any substances... at all.. which is why I practice what I preach.. which is why I don't even take aspirin... (Im not opposed to drugs that would extend life and reduce suffering.. Im just lucky I dont need them,,, well its not all luck because I take care of myself.. but I do have the luck of good dna)

I suggest a mirror and six weeks off marijuana,,, the six week mark seems to be a good barometer of how addicted to it one is... after six weeks the cravings for thc seem to be (as self reported) reduced.... then there is the true monkey in the room.. your mind... how do we fix the mind used to being anesthetized?

Ponder that... sober if possible.. my friend

Old 06-19-2015, 10:29 PM

463 posts, read 320,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
unfortunately federal court does not agree with your assessment of my abilities when it comes to marijuana.. and defense attorneys try as they may haven't yet pierced my expertise.
Yes, I know. This is one of the saddest parts of this entire thing. 90% of the people who have experience with cannabis knows you are completely delusional. You have exactly 0% experience, and not only that, all you know is what you see on the streets. You know, the 10% of the public that you come into contact with that are the asshats of the world? Well, that has made you unbelievably jaded and biased, with no balance at all. For someone so hardcore they won't even take an aspirin to have so much power is just sad, sad, sad. I hope you NEVER make it to be a judge. It makes me literally shudder to even think of it.

To add insult to injury, for a governing body to ask someone who actually does have experience with the plant in question would simply be out of the question.

No, instead, you preach things like:

It is a narcotic.
It is anesthetizing.
It is intoxicating.
It is stupefying.
It makes people stupid.

NONE of these descriptions are true 100% of the time, especially when taken out of context, and most are true exactly 0% of the time.

Our government is broken.

Quote:

Or, instead, maybe that poster remembers this rant from a previous post of yours:

Quote:
Cartel workers get kidnapped in Mexico.. have their families threatened... get blindfolded and end up in California 10 hours later in the middle of nowhere... they get told.. grow or die.. and your family dies.. grow and be successful and you'll get money... dont grow ..die...

How many died horrible deaths today for your pot?
You remember writing that, don't you?

I know you get the fact that these cartels exist and are funded by the black market, right? How can you not get the fact that the black market is caused by prohibition? All you have to do is look at the roaring 20's, when alcohol prohibition was in full swing.

So when you write "No one is kidnapped... murdered because of pot by the legal system" you are dead wrong, because prohibition is our legal system!

Prohibition is killing 100's of people every single day.

For you to deny that would be just further proof of how delusional you really are.

Here is even more proof of your extreme bias and ignorance of cannabis:

Quote:
Add any drug you like.. alcohol is a drug as well in my book
You have written stuff like that many times. It shows how you lump cannabis in with alcohol, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. To you, they are all the same, you have admitted that in the past.

For you to believe that cannabis affects people the same way as all these other substances and therefore it should be treated the same is borderline criminal. For someone to spew that biased, narrow-minded nonsense in a court of law under oath is incredibly dangerous and criminal.

Last edited by Vistaian; 06-19-2015 at 10:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2015, 10:42 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Interesting diatribe.. ignorance abounds... I wonder how long some users could not be high and be happy. But... unfortunately federal court does not agree with your assessment of my abilities when it comes to marijuana.. and defense attorneys try as they may haven't yet pierced my expertise. They do keep me on my toes though....

When it comes to the real world.. the street.. and law.. I dont argue... I do my job..when it comes time to take down an illegal grow I do it as well (sic rabid= focused) as I would taking a petty theft report from a victim... while a proponent perhaps sit behind their computer toking away forgetting what happened in those stoned seconds... minutes... hours of life... perhaps they want to zone out from a screwed up life or existence of your own making.. perhaps they have psychic pain from not being appropriately breast fed.. perhaps they wanted to be with the "in" crowd forgetting their individuality.. perhaps they're just screwed up.. whatever motivates people to want to be altered says a lot about them.. anyway... while you sit in relative peace (hopefully) in your condition I serve my community

I suggest a mirror and six weeks off marijuana,,, the six week mark seems to be a good barometer of how addicted to it one is... after six weeks the cravings for thc seem to be (as self reported) reduced.... then there is the true monkey in the room.. your mind... how do we fix the mind used to being anesthetized?

Ponder that... sober if possible.. my friend

Good grief are you delusional. Do you know how many use pot for medicinal purposes and not for getting stoned. Maybe you should retire then if you don't know that. My good friend just had surgery and her doc prescribed oxy....which is highly addictive. Guess what, it didn't relieve her pain but pot did. So ponder that one.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Yes, I know. This is one of the saddest parts of this entire thing. 90% of the people who have experience with cannabis knows you are completely delusional. You have exactly 0% experience, and not only that, all you know is what you see on the streets. You know, the 10% of the public that you come into contact with that are the asshats of the world? Well, that has made you unbelievably jaded and biased, with no balance at all. For someone so hardcore they won't even take an aspirin to have so much power is just sad, sad, sad. I hope you NEVER make it to be a judge. It makes me literally shudder to even think of it.

To add insult to injury, for a governing body to ask someone who actually does have experience with the plant in question would simply be out of the question.

No, instead, you preach things like:

It is a narcotic. @@@@ It is.. and classified as such.... legally....
noun: narcotic;

a drug or other substance affecting mood or behavior and sold for nonmedical purposes, especially an illegal one

Marijuana is also technically a psychedelic or a hallucinogenic since tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a psychoactive compound.@@@@

It is anesthetizing. @@@@ One of the reasons MMJ is used as self described (hey.. this is what people who use report so ask them.. and ask yourself) being very effective is pain. .. Webster defines it as medical : to give drugs to (a patient) so that no pain can be felt

It is intoxicating. @@@ legal definition Intoxication

A state in which a person's normal capacity to act or reason is inhibited by alcohol or drugs.@@@

It is stupefying.@@@@ Definition to put into a state of little or no sensibility; benumb the faculties of; put into a stupor....to stun, as with a narcotic, a shock, or a strong emotion.@@@@ Yes.. marijuana can do that.. heck read any of your proponent sites where stoners self report their high

It makes people stupid. @@@Memory and intelligence
Main article: Cannabis and memory (excerpt)

Long term exposure to cannabis poses a risk of irreversible cognitive impairment in children and pre-pubescent adolescents; other than for the very highest of doses, no similar risk has been established for adults.[2] Negative changes in attention, psychomotor task ability, and short-term memory are associated with very recent (12 to 24 hours) marijuana use.@@@@

NONE of these descriptions are true 100% of the time, especially when taken out of context, and most are true exactly 0% of the time.

Our government is broken.

@@@@Agree,,,@@@

Or, instead, maybe that poster remembers this rant from a previous post of yours:

You remember writing that, don't you?

I know you get the fact that these cartels exist and are funded by the black market, right? How can you not get the fact that the black market is caused by prohibition? All you have to do is look at the roaring 20's, when alcohol prohibition was in full swing.

So when you write "No one is kidnapped... murdered because of pot by the legal system" you are dead wrong, because prohibition is our legal system!

Prohibition is killing 100's of people every single day.

For you to deny that would be just further proof of how delusional you really are.

Here is even more proof of your extreme bias and ignorance of cannabis:

You have written stuff like that many times. It shows how you lump cannabis in with alcohol, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. To you, they are all the same, you have admitted that in the past.

For you to believe that cannabis affects people the same way as all these other substances and therefore it should be treated the same is borderline criminal. For someone to spew that biased, narrow-minded nonsense in a court of law under oath is incredibly dangerous and criminal.
Actually the poster was referring to police doing the acts..or government doing the acts.. not cartels.. at least that was my takeaway

Yes.. people are dying everyday so you can get your pot...murdered for it

But not because of people like me.... people like me protect people like you and your right.. as idiotic as it might be... to have your pot and smoke it too.. appropriately of course

Mirror again my friend... 44 years of using pot would make you an addict in my book.. regardless of what you say... any behavior that alters ones personality for 44 years seems pretty delusional to me,,,please google delusional

A snippet about delusions and marijuana use...please google for many posts
What This Means For Your Health

The results of this study might not come as much as a surprise to anyone who has used marijuana before, as paranoia seems to be an all-too-common side effect of the drug. However, what the results do tell us is that cannabis seems to enhance fear-based learning, explaining why users tend to overreact in stressful events while high.

Still, the greatest fear of many marijuana users comes from studies which suggest that marijuana use may lead to permanent psychosis and schizophrenia.

Is that paranoia creeping in Im coming for your dope???... well.. Im not... nor will I ever be

Here from a doper site....

http://www.marijuana.com/community/t...n-high.148592/

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-19-2015 at 11:08 PM..

Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 PM

It is a narcotic. @@@@ It is.. and classified as such@@@@

It is NOT a narcotic. The classification is wrong according to the definition of a narcotic.

It is anesthetizing. @@@@ One f the reasons MMJ is used as self described being very effective is pain... Webster defines it as medical : to give drugs to (a patient) so that no pain can be felt

This is a typical and excellent example of your ignorance. If you give the wrong strain to the person needing pain control, guess what? They won't get pain control, because not all strains are anesthetizing. Some are the polar opposite of that, in fact, but you don't care about details like that do you?

Reality is something you don't take into consideration when it comes to cannabis.

It is intoxicating. @@@ legal definition Intoxication

A state in which a person's normal capacity to act or reason is inhibited by alcohol or drugs.@@@

Again, strain comes into play, along with the person's body chemistry and tolerance level. To insinuate that every person that ingests cannabis becomes intoxicated could not be further from the truth. But,

Reality is something you don't take into consideration when it comes to cannabis.

It is stupefying.@@@@ Definition to put into a state of little or no sensibility; benumb the faculties of; put into a stupor....to stun, as with a narcotic, a shock, or a strong emotion.@@@@

Wow, really? This gets the same answer as the "intoxicating" statement, but it really needs no answer at all. Anyone who reads that definition of stupefying and applies it to cannabis is as inexperienced, ignorant, and delusional as you are.

Please. If the repeated conversations with me and others here are not enough to make you question this whole "it makes you stupid" nonsense, then all I can say is:

Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I'm sorry about the accident & you suffering, but did MJ cause it? We didn't get a police report, was it just a trace of MJ like 1 nanogram per deciliter? Is a person with .04 B.A.C., half the minimum for barely drunk, causing accidents? That's maximum possible MJ impairment, using as much as possible.

Cannabis can be detected as inactive metabolites in fat a month after last use. .01% B.A.C. is 1/8th of minimum level for barely drunk. Does that cause accidents? Should they be arrested?

I mostly agree with you. FDA is just lobbying arm of pill cos. They only allow taxpayer money to be used for studies that say what pill cos. want & they don't want competition. Negativity abt MJ a must.
94% of the 22,000 studies have 1 or more misleading statements. In 1976, Gerald Ford gave pill cos. sole rights to decide who got MJ research money from taxpayers. No truth wanted!

Some need cannabis to live, or to enjoy life. Probably best treatment for depression. Best wishes.
What do you mean "we"? I'm not sharing my personal information on here just to appease your doubts.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post

Please. If the repeated conversations with me and others here are not enough to make you question this whole "it makes you stupid" nonsense, then all I can say is:

I don't know the people on CD other than what I see them type out. What I can say is, every single person that I've met in real life who has smoked it has been unbelievably stupid. Further, they have had zero motivation to improve their lives, they are impulsive, they don't make wise decisions, and they hang around people they don't even like just to have someone to smoke with. That is what I have seen in real life. It is possible that every single person on CD who smokes pot is brilliant and successful, but I have to go with real life evidence over what I see on the internet.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't know the people on CD other than what I see them type out. What I can say is, every single person that I've met in real life who has smoked it has been unbelievably stupid. Further, they have had zero motivation to improve their lives, they are impulsive, they don't make wise decisions, and they hang around people they don't even like just to have someone to smoke with. That is what I have seen in real life. It is possible that every single person on CD who smokes pot is brilliant and successful, but I have to go with real life evidence over what I see on the internet.
And how old are these people that you know. Most I know who smoke pot are brilliant and high paying professionals.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wow. I'm truly sorry for what you've been through, but none of those attributes applies to me, nor any of the multitudes of truly successful people who use cannabis.

It really makes me wonder if either (A) your experience has soured your view of cannabis users so much that negativity is all you see, or (B) you were just hanging around the wrong people.

I will certainly admit there are plenty of cannabis users that do resemble the picture you just painted, but from what I have seen it only applies to young people who don't know what they are doing. All of the long-term users I know definitely DO NOT resemble that type of user. That is my real life evidence, and I'm going with that just as strongly as you reject it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies