Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times

Advertisements

I have educated myself and have concluded we don't need another legalized intoxicant.

I am tired of hearing excuses of "yeah but alcohol" or "yeah but tobacco" BS.

Bottom line is society eventually has to pay for those choices the "yeah but" crowd made and I resent the hell out of it. Many is the time when I turn my train over to the relief engineer and walking to my hotel I have to step over some piece of human refuse lying in the gutter over his "right" to get wasted on some crap. Or my senses get assaulted with the rank door of dope some douche is smoking in an alley lying in a pool of filth.

Any abuse of any substance will eventually catch up with you and you ask for help and I will say "why should I pay for your personal choices in life" then I will kick that person back into the gutter they rose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,938,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Cigarettes do not make people lose their mind. You can still drive your car or take a math exam or swim in Lake Michigan after several cigarettes.

Do you think it is safe to be driving while under the influence of booze and/or or taking prescription medications? Why aren't you screaming for the ban of alcohol and prescription drugs?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:45 AM

9,240 posts, read 9,710,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Do you think it is safe to be driving while under the influence of booze and/or or taking prescription medications? Why aren't you screaming for the ban of alcohol and prescription drugs?
DUI is illegal already. Marijuana simply adds to it.
In America, alcohol can only be consumed at home or in certain places, but it's harder to control the use of marijuana.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,917,204 times
People who smoke pot and say it doesn't have any affect on their brain have never listened to their own conversations. At some point, at the very least marijuana will be decriminalized and possibly legalized, but that won't change the fact that while you are high, you are an idiot.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:35 AM

24,484 posts, read 33,200,219 times

Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You guys who applaud Pot and any excuse to get stones should be ashamed of yourselves.
To say it shouldn't be illegal isn't applauding it. I don't smoke. I'm just sick and tired of the huge waste of resources.

Quote:
Uncontrolled of any substance is dangerous and I survived the 70-80 and there are people who are still stone and offer nothing be a productive adult.
People like Boehner and Pelosi have offered nothing of value as an adult.

Quote:
Most who abused pot are dumber than a box of rocks!
Unless you have Cancer or a physical problem that requires to deal with pain, other using additive morphine,.

Those who support narcotics should really rethink the whole sale of a controlled substance. There is a reason we call it a "Controlled Substance".
It hasn't been controlled ever.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I think the real issue is nobody really knows whats even in pot and what those chemicals do and where they even effect the brain/body. They know some of them, but not all. Look at synthetic cannaboids, these things are really weird and have effects all over the place.

Synthetics go away if actual pot is legalized. I would cut the arms off those who create the synthetics.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,627,700 times
Congress created and passed some sensible legislation. I am really surprised.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,070,510 times
Hi Mr pot poster
Colorado counties.. I believe 71 percent have said no to pot in some form or another. They have done this through zoning ordinances or city municipal codes.. so while legality statewide might not be an issue ..it is locally . The 9th has regularly and consistently have ruled local jurisdictions have overall say.. even though the pot barons and aclu have brought suit and been whacked each time

You'll tap on your keyboard in a altered mental state winning some imaginary battle in your mind.. if that feels good.. wow..uh..ok... I'm vanquished... not
I'll go make the world better today for real... do something larger than me focus and I'll do it unaltered... happily...
Stark difference in what we do
Thanks

Old 06-05-2015, 06:56 AM

11,999 posts, read 12,880,659 times
^What in the World are you even trying to say, Officer?

Are you sure your mind isn't already "altered"?

Maybe people would take you seriously if you wrote in complete sentences, but you seem to only be a hero in your own mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies