Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 09:26 AM

463 posts, read 320,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

-------------------------------
Originally Posted by cisco kid
My wife a registered nurse in a hospital for 14 years just told me she never heard of anyone getting lung
cancer from smoking weed, and neither have I. Let me know when you find any such documented cases.

Otherwise the article is pure BS.
--------------------------------

You still lose.

Marijuana and Lung Health - American Lung Association
This is an excellent example of something about prohibitionists that I will never understand.

Here is a poster who has a wife who is a RN, with 14 years of direct hospital experience. How much more real can it get than that? Her accounts are genuine. She has no reason to lie about anything.

But a prohibitionist simply WILL NOT see or listen to any type of real-world experience like that of a long-term RN. No, they choose instead to believe only the "studies" they can find that supports their position.

This is the case 100% of the time. I have yet to see a true prohibitionist be swayed by any type of evidence or real-world accounts.

Why is that? I can understand it if the prohibitionist has a financial stake in it, like law enforcement for example. But why is the ordinary guy who knows only what he has been taught by the media and the government for the last 77 years so steadfastly close minded about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 09:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post

Why is that? I can understand it if the prohibitionist has a financial stake in it, like law enforcement for example. But why is the ordinary guy who knows only what he has been taught by the media and the government for the last 77 years so steadfastly close minded about it?
You just answered your own question. Many Americans are simply unable, or unwilling, to think for themselves.

The Feds have labeled marijuana a Schedule 1 drug, as addictive as any opiate out there. If that doesn't destroy their credibility, I'm not sure what else it would take.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You just answered your own question. Many Americans are simply unable, or unwilling, to think for themselves.

The Feds have labeled marijuana a Schedule 1 drug, as addictive as any opiate out there. If that doesn't destroy their credibility, I'm not sure what else it would take.
I don't think that is the whole story. T-310 can think, he even admits "I have educated myself". Yet his "education" has resulted in him (or her) being absolutely, completely wrong.

I have to think that is because he entered his "education" with an extremely biased, slanted, and implacable viewpoint to begin with.

It illustrates just how effective and complete the brainwashing has been.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
I don't think that is the whole story. T-310 can think, he even admits "I have educated myself". Yet his "education" has resulted in him (or her) being absolutely, completely wrong.
If you read his other posts you'll understand, that's all I can say.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
But synthetics just go to show how no one REALLY knows whats going on with cannaboids. With all the amphetamine and other stimulant anologues, people can kind of anticipate what they are getting at, not so with synthetic marijuana.
Synthetic marijuana isn't really marijuana. It's simply potpourri sprayed with nasty chemicals.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Synthetic marijuana isn't really marijuana. It's simply potpourri sprayed with nasty chemicals.

A lot of cannabis users use it as a substitute so they can pass a p*** test, because it contains some qualities similar to THC. I wouldn't touch that crap with a 10 foot pole!

Old 06-05-2015, 12:55 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Yawn

Some Counties That Won’t Allow Recreational Pot Still Want Slice Of Pie « CBS Denver

Colorado cities and towns take diverging paths on recreational pot - The Denver Post

money for braincells,,,, you lose yours we get the money.. almost a fair trade,,,
except,,, addicted MJ potheads suck a lot more out of the world than they give....

Old 06-05-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yawn

Some Counties That Won’t Allow Recreational Pot Still Want Slice Of Pie « CBS Denver

Colorado cities and towns take diverging paths on recreational pot - The Denver Post

money for braincells,,,, you lose yours we get the money.. almost a fair trade,,,
except,,, addicted MJ potheads suck a lot more out of the world than they give....
Actually, most are responsible, law abiding citizens who make innumerable contributions to society.

You, on the other hand, are just a misguided cop.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yawn

I don't understand you.

When you discuss Colorado, you put a spin on it, making it sound like the majority of the state has rejected it, thus it is illegal.

Do you not understand? It is LEGAL EVERYWHERE in Colorado!!!

The only exception is on federally owned land.

Then, you always top off your spin with something like "and those areas that accepted it are paying for the consequences". Did you not read the excerpt from the wiki I posted?

Support is UP, not down.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:37 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A lot of cannabis users use it as a substitute so they can pass a p*** test, because it contains some qualities similar to THC. I wouldn't touch that crap with a 10 foot pole!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But nobody knows what the stuff really does. That's my issue. It's not just THC in pot. Different strains of pot have different chemicals and affect people different...

I don't even know what marijuana does. I smoked it two times before, but I can't remember specific effects. I'll let you know more when I try it again when I move to Denver here next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies