Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 07:51 AM

16,559 posts, read 8,592,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree with everything you just said. And it was well said.

However, be real. He'd've been taken out in two seconds if he was a man of color.

Now I know why your quoted comment says;

who needs facts when you have conjecture?

Old 06-05-2015, 08:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
What a selfish person, but at least things will change for the better when you have extremists doing their selfish acts like this. Yes, it is selfish putting that many people in fear with little kids and parents worried about what is going to happen next? Will this man just start shooting everyone? I feel bad for our once proud country. Seems the Internet and hyped up media is slowly turning us all crazy. What a shame. Back in the 70's news was a public service required by law. Now it is for profit, so it gets so hyped up. What happens to dim minds that watch all the hype? They get nuttier and nuttier. Oh well, not stopping it.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:28 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You aren't familiar with TOS or mods are you? That thread would be killed before it grew to 2 pages.
You must not be familiar with this forum. There does not have to be a violation of the TOS for bigots and racists to show their support of something bad that happened.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:34 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,628 times
**** this guy. Surprised his wonkey eyed ass can even shoot the thing straight. You have to be completely lacking in rational thought to bring that to an airport and expect everyone to just "be cool" with it.

This is the whole problem with the America's Wild West mentality of "GOOD GUY WITH GUN STOPS BAD GUY WITH GUN". You can't tell the difference between the good and bad guys in plain clothes.

Any sane and civilized person would prudently assume the worst if they saw a random stranger walk into a highly sensitive area like an air terminal hefting what looks like a battlefield weapon. Or for that matter, into a restaurant. Or basically most places in real life that aren't warzones.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:47 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Much of the world already thinks the US is a crazy gun-obsessed nation.
LOL, that's because the US IS a crazy, gun-obsessed nation.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:33 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see what you did there.

Nothing like creating a hypothetical situation, presenting it as absolute fact, and attacking anyone who might challenge premise. Result, hypothetical situation is accepted as fact even though it never happened. Fodder for the weak minded and those who gave up on critical thinking.

Yet it never happened, exists only in the mind, and is still nothing but a fallacious argument to prove some point completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

This sort of thing happens all the time. It's the province of politicians, a media that gave up on true journalism, and the those who have agenda instead of argument.

Spin it however you want, there is no denying what you quoted from my post regarding Muslims. I'm perfectly within my rights of the topic to respond to it how I see fit, so you calling my post "irrelevant" is, well, irrelevant, but then again, maybe not since you felt the need to respond to it.

Regardless, this man lacks, among other things, common sense and common courtesy. However, he knows he would get the benefit of the doubt.

And of course, he's crying "harassment" by police officers. That might be the most hilarious part out of all of this.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:13 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
This guy is the definition of a moron. He reminds me of all those jackasses carrying their assault rifles in chipotle and Starbucks. Just b/c you can do it doesn't mean you should. I am a gun owner myself and this was nothing more than a pathetic display of attention ***** behavior.
Yep - the guy is a total idiot... and this happened in a regressive red state - big shock.

Previous posters have hit the major points: the sheer idiocy of this, the fact that it accomplishes nothing but getting attention, the racial component - we have a Muslim women who can't bring a soda on board a plane because "it's might be a bomb," but a white red-neck can bring an AR-15 to an airport without being gunned down by police because they felt threatened... and while I'm not a fan of police brutality, a clown like this being seen as a threat and being shot is far more believable then the other nonsense that's been going on.

Consider this: Gun nuts love to bring their guns everywhere because "you never know when you might feel threatened," which is apparently a good reason to shoot somebody. They also support excessive violence if the perpetrator "felt threatened," particular in cases where race is involved.

So, here's my question: Do I have the right - at least from the gun-nut viewpoint - to shoot a clown like this? After all, I "felt threatened" and more guns clearly offers more safety, which is why the gun-filled inner cities and militia run corners of the world are the safest.

I'm waiting for the next time the above happens - when two of these lunatics who defend both their "right" to intimidate others and their "right" to shoot anyone "threatening" happen to run into each other. It'll be sad and hilarious... flipping gun nuts...

Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 AM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yet despite all the liberal assumptions of people they know nothing about, here is what the evil white racist looked like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syx26QtQIM

Notice how in this report it is obvious the guy is black, so they hype it up by saying he was carrying a machine gun.
No surprise, same as they did with the "white Biker" gangs in Texas who were White/Mex/NA and even black, or the assumption that the racist cops in Baltimore were all white. Their agenda is more important than facts.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:02 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise, same as they did with the "white Biker" gangs in Texas who were White/Mex/NA and even black, or the assumption that the racist cops in Baltimore were all white. Their agenda is more important than facts.
Who is they? I never saw one headline or news story that said "White biker Gangs." All the ones I saw just said "Biker Gangs."

Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,836,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Believe the liberal media narrative of blacks being killed at the hands of whites just for being black all you want.
I'm sure of those stats are even close to being accurate, it will show that blacks males are being killed at alarming rates by other black males, not "the man".

Aside from that, I find it funny that you would latch on to such an absurd assumption.
For example, when peaceful protestors were assembled near an Obama speech and displayed open carry of firearms, the liberal media tried to portray them as racist nuts. They kept keying in on one protestor who had a semi-auto rifle shouldered(of course they inaccurately called it an assulat rifle).
Anyway, they kept showing partial views of him, and idiots on MSNBC were ranting about "how racist these tea party people were, and their goals was to oppose a black president".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

What you didn't see was the fact that the guy with the rifle was actually a black man. Look at the effort made to make him out to be one of the evil white racist guys.

Yet despite all the liberal assumptions of people they know nothing about, here is what the evil white racist looked like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syx26QtQIM

Notice how in this report it is obvious the guy is black, so they hype it up by saying he was carrying a machine gun.
If I recall correctly (keep in mind, this is word of mouth from PHX PD so take it FWIW), the Black guy with the AR called ahead to say he was coming, he didn't just show up out of the blue, it was a publicity stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies