Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 AM

493 posts, read 385,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I wonder why you can't share the horror when terrorism is planned in the name of yours?
If you bring me 1 quote from the NT/Bible where Jesus asked his followers to kill people (or if Christ did it himself), then I will promise to agree with you. You can't do that though, and that's the reason why I love Christ and became a Messianic believer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Um, what? This happened. This wasn't made up. THIS HAPPENED. The OP is representative of every single Muslim I have ever met both here and abroad (including Israel) - just wanting to worship in the way they are called in peace and horrified by terrorism being enacted in the name of their faith. I wonder why you can't share the horror when terrorism is planned in the name of yours?
Thank you! We're all against the murder of civilians. Whether they do it in the name of my religion, Christianity, Judaism, Atheism or what have you.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:05 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
If you bring me 1 quote from the NT/Bible where Jesus asked his followers to kill people (or if Christ did it himself), then I will promise to agree with you. You can't do that though, and that's the reason why I love Christ and became a Messianic believer
That has nothing to do with the planned terrorist attacks mentioned in the OP.

For the love of the Gods, Terrorism is terrorism no matter what religion it comes from.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
I'm far less afraid of Christians (I'm Jewish) than I am of muslims like the OP and what his faith actually represents and does.

One is an isolated incident, the other is a lifestyle for millions of ignorant muslim men and women, often using their own children to slaughter non-believers.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Failed congressional candidate pleads guilty in plot to massacre Muslims: ‘We will be cruel to them’

Doggart pleaded guilty last week to one count of interstate communication of threats, and he remains free on bond until his sentencing – when he faces up to five years in prison.

Prosecutors said Doggart gathered an M4 rifle, explosives, and light armor piercing bullets in connection with the plot, and investigators said he was recruiting snipers through social media and by telephone.

“When we meet in this state, the people we seek will know who we are,†Doggart told a woman during a recorded phone call. “We will be cruel to them, and we will burn down their buildings. If anyone attempts to harm us in any way, our stand gunner will take them down from 350 yards away.â€

“The standoff gunner would be me,†Doggart added.

“If it gets down to the machete, we will cut them to shreds,†he told the informant."

I'm happy the FBI is doing a good job of taking right-wing Christian extremism seriously.
Lmao!!! This is typical of most of what vets labeled as "right wing extremism". Some daffy as an outhouse rat scramble brain , with a "plan" my dog could best. Goose stepping morons, dressing in pieced together camo, who have fired a military style GU , managed to hit the target a couple times at close range, and think they are now a trained sniper, with tactical experience.

"Dangerous" , mostly via their idiocy. Like this guy. This is hardly what can be labeled as a serious threat. Worth picking the guyup for, yes, but hhardly a major "extreme right wing .major terror plan". As if this was a multi pronged, organized, well funded and lots of man power with real skills operation? Hardly. ISIS, Al Queda, and such are far more worthy of manpower and resources.

The local SO could have easily handled this. Andy and Barney could have handled this.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:23 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I've done nor implied any such thing.
But then, you aren't the OP are you?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:15 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'm far less afraid of Christians (I'm Jewish) than I am of muslims like the OP and what his faith actually represents and does.

One is an isolated incident, the other is a lifestyle for millions of ignorant muslim men and women, often using their own children to slaughter non-believers.
And I am far less afraid of Muslims (I'm Jewish) than I am of Christians with a persecution complex. All the violence and discrimination I have faced due to my faith has been at the hands of Christians. The burning cross on my front lawn as a child, stuff thrown through windows displaying menorahs, the threats at school, the being spirited away to church to be told my entire family was going to burn in hell when I thought I was just going to a slumber party... and yet, I know that is not representative of all Christians, just like I know terrorism is not representative of all Muslims.

Most Christians are good people who just want to worship in peace. The same is true of Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc - all of which have extremist groups that make up a small portion of their population. Unfortunately, powerful religious leaders have a penchant for pushing their political goals via religious bastardization. It's particularly effective if your population is poor and uneducated, as much of the Muslim world. Look at poor nations in Africa - Muslim and Christian nations both have unspeakable human rights violations in the name of their respective religions at the hands of extremists with an agenda.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Everyone should read the Sunnah of Muhammad and the Quran; violence, jihad, murdering, raping, beheading, cutting hands, etc. are all justified there while it is NOT in the NT/Christianity/Jesus.
So what? Just because the ME is overrun with muslim terrorists, that doesn't mean we should allow ourselves to be overrun with christian terrorists.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:21 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This coming from a guy who literally posts an anti-Islam or anti-Judaism post every day. Look in to your own hatred if you can't see the danger of these right-wing extremists.
From what I've seen, the danger from Muslim extremists outweighs that of right wing extremists by a factor of about 10,000 to 1. Exactly how many people have right wing extremists beheaded, raped or burned alive during the last year? That tells you everything you need to know about proportionality.

So stop throwing out the red herrings.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:23 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lmao!!! This is typical of most of what vets labeled as "right wing extremism". Some daffy as an outhouse rat scramble brain , with a "plan" my dog could best. Goose stepping morons, dressing in pieced together camo, who have fired a military style GU , managed to hit the target a couple times at close range, and think they are now a trained sniper, with tactical experience.

"Dangerous" , mostly via their idiocy. Like this guy. This is hardly what can be labeled as a serious threat. Worth picking the guyup for, yes, but hhardly a major "extreme right wing .major terror plan". As if this was a multi pronged, organized, well funded and lots of man power with real skills operation? Hardly. ISIS, Al Queda, and such are far more worthy of manpower and resources.

The local SO could have easily handled this. Andy and Barney could have handled this.
Remind me of this

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/...g_News_web.gif

Media doesn't have to constantly provide breathtaking details throughout the entire article. The simple steps to get an audience's attention are taught in every high school writing class: Have a catchy title, or start with a thought-provoking question.

Japanese-americans have always been considered as extreme loyal, German-Americans have proven to be loyal after wwi, they have always been the American patriots. but both Japanese-American and German-Americans have been put in internment camp. In hawaii today, we have kill a J*P day. I thought that was funny as hell. It was just a joke and nobody was offended by it. Many German-Americans changed their last name during wwII. Man, talking about real fear.

Veterans, especially the combat veterans have been labeled crazy vets as if everybody is waiting to kill somebody.

Meh, everybody has to deal with it. Crying racism is getting too damn old.

An old mentally disturbed person who made some threat, everybody is crying "right wing Christian terrorist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies