Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 05:45 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Calling Islam is a death cult and Mohammed an illiterate, merciless, war-monger with a taste for pedophilia is stating the truth (backed by Quran and Hadith).
And people should be encouraged to divulge the truth, innit?
Anytime someone needs to go to the Bible or the Queran it means it's time to reach, a large majority of Muslims are peace loving and protesting in front of their place of worship is stupid. Suddenly we have all these experts with doctorates in religious studies because they found some blogger but without google they could tell Muslim from muslin.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:56 AM

410 posts, read 398,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Define a death cult. Also, Mohammad wasn't necessarily merciless. As I pointed out, ether in this thread or another one of the OPs threads talking about why his fairytale is better than a brown person's fairytale, the Koran is more self contradictory than the Bible (which is hard to come by). Some versus shows Mohammad as being a warlord who rules with an iron fist; others show him being merciful to those he's conquered and giving them rights and treating them as equals.
You are suggesting that Quran, "the unaltered and direct words of God, revealed through the Angel Gabriel to Muhammad"** has contradictions? Well then either the almighty God is incapable of rational thoughts or Quran is not the word of God but a glorious work of fiction. And therefore it should be treated like any other work of fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Also, you're either an atheist or a hypocrite. Or at least agnostic. Because the Earth was no created in 6 days and Adam and Eve never existed and to believe that is to deny reality and basically willfully be ignorant. That's just the truth after all, and we should all pursue the truth, yes?
I stopped believed in fairy-tales once I grew up.

BTW, do you realize that you have committed blasphemy for calling Quran self-contradictory.
And Quran assigns "fierce death" as a punishment for blasphemy; that what I call a death cult.

Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter

** Origin-of-the-quran/

Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 AM

410 posts, read 398,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anytime someone needs to go to the Bible or the Queran it means it's time to reach, a large majority of Muslims are peace loving and protesting in front of their place of worship is stupid.
Perhaps stupid but perfectly legal.
If we can have protests against Israel in New York city then why not a protest against the mosque which was attended by the two terrorists who shot-up a mohammed cartoon contest in Dallas?

Quote:
Suddenly we have all these experts with doctorates in religious studies because they found some blogger but without google they could tell Muslim from muslin.
The word "terrorist" has become synonymous with Muslims because of their actions around the world.
Many peaceful muslims get unfairly looped in but we all pay a price for association, don't we?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:13 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Perhaps stupid but perfectly legal.
If we can have protests against Israel in New York city then why not a protest against the mosque which was attended by the two terrorists who shot-up a mohammed cartoon contest in Dallas?

The word "terrorist" has become synonymous with Muslims because of their actions around the world.
Many peaceful muslims get unfairly looped in but we all pay a price for association, don't we?
Muslimism is thee leading religion of authoritarianism.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
In no way do I support radical Islam. And I absolutely believe in and support free speech. Geller is free to continue to say whatever she chooses. Who has tried to stop her? No one.
Really? Then why does she have to file a law suit to get her ads shown in buses and trains? Why is she required to provide sources (which she has) for all her ads, but those ad which she is countering have not been required to provide sources?

Why have hotels like the HyattPlace cancelled her appearances, if no one is trying to stop her?

What dream land are you living in?

Quote:
She has been "speaking her mind" provoking Muslims
"Provoking Muslims?" Is that what you think she is doing? She is fighting to protect freedom of speech! She is not doing anything to "provoke" Muslims. Muslims are "provoked" because of Sharia, which makes it illegal to speak against Islam.

Quote:
without interference for years now, so all this handwringing about free speech doesn't hold water. No one has curbed her rights.
Oh, but they try. They want her silenced.

Quote:
But it doesn't mean I am required to like her actions any more than I like the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church. I support their right to be abhorrent, too, but I don't feel sorry for them when they reap as they sow.
I find Sharia and the fact that the U.S. gives aid to Muslim countries, abhorrent. I find the actions of Muslims who commit murder in the name of Islam, abhorrent.

What Pamela Geller does is not "abhorrent." Is exposing the truth "abhorrent" to you?

There is no comparison between what Pamela Geller does and the Westboro Baptist Church. None.

Quote:
People who use hate as a weapon can expect to reap hate in return. It's a pretty simple concept.
Hate? You call what Pamela Geller does, "hate." Well good for you, and congratulations; you have taken sides with the Jihadists.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:33 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Muslimism is thee leading religion of authoritarianism.
Tribalists love this. It promotes tribes and diatribes.

It is fricken WRITTEN, man.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Geller and her organization about making money and staying in the headlines, this does nothing but promote more friction between peace loving Muslims. I am sure that ISIS will use her statements as a recruitment tool maybe that's her point.

Her efforts are heroic, all she does is instigate trouble then run away. She is not going to fight the terrorists but she is doing a good job stirring them up.
Pamela Geller was happily complacent like everyone else, enjoying what she was doing ... until 9/11 happened, and then afterward when they wanted to build a Mosque at the site. She knew then that she was not going to sit still and be silent (unlike you). It wasn't about money.

What "peace loving" Muslims do you refer too? Do you ever see these "peace loving" Muslims stand agianst the Islamist Jihadists?

Pamela Geller is not trying to "instigate" trouble, and she certainly isn't running from anything. She continues to fight for free speech ...YOUR FREE SPEECH.

If we are silent, then Sharia wins. That's what the Muslims want. Are you willing to give up your free speech for Sharia? Then go live in a Muslim country. Enjoy.

Not enough Americans standing up. Isn't it time? Islamists can post all the hateful ads against Israel and in support of the killing of Jews that they want. So far, Pamela Geller is the only one countering those ads with ads of her own. Is she "running away?" HELL NO!

But you cow and bow to Sharia and the Muslims. Shame on you!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Exactly. None of Geller's defenders give a damn about the many good, peaceful American Muslims who take the brunt of her hateful tactics. She doesn't give a damn about them either. She is only interested in feeding the hate, which is exactly what she does. Then she whines because she gets exactly what she asks for.
Tell me; where are these "good and peaceful American Muslims?" If there are any, why aren't they supporting Pamela against Sharia, against the genital mutilation of women, against the silencing of women, against honor killings, etc. etc.

Why aren't they standing up against the senseless killing of Christians and Jews, all the violence, the beheadings, etc. Where are they?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
What bunk. I'm against all hate speech whether it's radical Islam or Pam Geller or The Westboro Baptist Church. I don't defend one and give a pass to another, like many so-called Christians here do.
Telling the truth about Islam is not "hate speach!" When did telling the truth ever become "hate?" Supporting Pamela Geller is not giving her a pass. A pass for what? Truth?

It's time some of you people learn the difference between truth and lie. You do no research, yet you automatically accuse Pamela Geller of "hate" speech for telling the truth.

Who decides what is "hate speech?" Muslims? You are standing with the father of lies, Satan.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Are you equating the actions of a murderous cult which calls to behead blasphemers with a group of deluded individuals who, at their worst, will picket a funeral?
Yes, they are.
Quote:
Islam wouldn't be the most loathed religion in the world if all it did to express disapproval was to organize a protest rally.
Bam! For 1400 years this murderous cult has been slaughtering, conquering in the name of Jihad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies