Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 10:11 AM

493 posts, read 385,800 times

Advertisements

Boston shooting: Suspect plotted to kill Pamela Geller - CNN.com

Pamela Geller, a well known activist who is against Islamic terrorism and jihad has been threatened by Muslims due to drawing Muhammad in a cartoon. Boston bombers planned on beheading her because she is practicing freedom of speech in America, and purchased sharp knives online and admitted the plan on beheading her. Religion of peace at work....

According to Islam, it is death penalty for blasphemy and apostasy. They declared fatwas against Pamela Geller!

Last edited by MX City visiting; 06-04-2015 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-04-2015, 10:44 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Pamela Geller is a nasty piece of work who is lucky to have been saved by that secretly-Muslim Obama and his anti-American spy apparatus she abhors.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:46 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pamela Geller is a nasty piece of work who is lucky to have been saved by that secretly-Muslim Obama and his anti-American spy apparatus she abhors.

? why is she a "nasty piece of work"

Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Meh. This stuff happens all the time. It's lost it's wow factor for me. Glad they were caught.

Quote:
Right!? Seriously, do the people who think Obama's a Muslim think that through at all. If Obama's a Muslim, he's not very good at it.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:49 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
The goat humpers seem to be doing a pretty poor job of killing her.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:56 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I often thought to myself, how easy is it to reduce a human being to a simple deviant label to excuse one’s wrongful actions. These labels exist to dehumanize people and justify oppression including rape. If the woman is a **** she is no longer warranted respect, dignity, and according to many people deserves to be raped.

An innocent 18 year old Catholic school girl shouldn't be raped, but a town ***** perhaps asks for it. That is the classic victim blaming mentality. Another reason why victim blaming needs to stop. Crimes against humanity have often been blamed on the victims.

Geller is a piece of work, an opportunist, a hater perhaps. But does she deserve to be killed?!

I don't know if Muslim religion has been hijacked or what not, I would like to believe yes, it has been. But maybe terrorism is a global political movement shouldn't be ignored. The problem is that we cannot talk about it, because anybody who discuss it would be labeled as Islamophobic.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:58 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

Right!? Seriously, do the people who think Obama's a Muslim think that through at all. If Obama's a Muslim, he's not very good at it.
Not much of an argument though. He's not very good at being president either, but he certainly is ours.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not much of an argument though. He's not very good at being president either, but he certainly is ours.
But that's my point. Let's pretend he is a Muslim and he's just hiding it; that right there is important. He's hiding it. Any Muslim with extreme anti-American views would have declared open war on America by now. The fact that he's done nothing that we'd expect to see a devote Muslim to do leads me to believe he'd be a moderate Muslim at best.

But frankly, I think he's an atheist.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Why is She a nasty piece of work? Because she hosted a draw Mohammed contest?

I got news for you; this is the USA not ISIL. There's a little something called the First Ammendment.

I didn't hear any Catholics calling for the beheading of the artist who pissed on a crucifix in a glass mayonaise jar and then displayed it as art [Sic]. That's the thing about freedom of speech, it's designed to protect the speech you don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Seriously, do the people who think Obama's a Muslim think that through at all. If Obama's a Muslim, he's not very good at it.
I couldn't care less what he believes at this point, because whatever it is hasn't helped to make him a good president at all. If I had to, I'd say he is guided by progressivism and ideology more than religion, so his religious beliefs matter little. Carter was/is a Christian (Southern Baptist) and he was the exact same way.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-04-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I often thought to myself, how easy is it to reduce a human being to a simple deviant label to excuse one’s wrongful actions. These labels exist to dehumanize people and justify oppression including rape. If the woman is a **** she is no longer warranted respect, dignity, and according to many people deserves to be raped.

An innocent 18 year old Catholic school girl shouldn't be raped, but a town ***** perhaps asks for it. That is the classic victim blaming mentality. Another reason why victim blaming needs to stop. Crimes against humanity have often been blamed on the victims.

Geller is a piece of work, an opportunist, a hater perhaps. But does she deserve to be killed?!

I don't know if Muslim religion has been hijacked or what not, I would like to believe yes, it has been. But maybe terrorism is a global political movement shouldn't be ignored. The problem is that we cannot talk about it, because anybody who discuss it would be labeled as Islamophobic.
Of course we can talk about it.

Unfortunately, many here can't process extremism within a religion.

ALL BAD or ALL GOOD seems to be the limit of comparative religions here.

Given the numbers, the 'ALL BAD' approach is suicide.

The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies