Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
do you think it will resemble anything like the USA today ? China will be number 1 super power in the world (At least this is what I read I don't know if this is true or not)

will you still be alive ? Hopefully, I'd be 73

what cultural changes will have happened ? More diverse

what will a white minority USA look like ? Don't know..

will white people still hold political powers ? I think so. But there will be more balance in power

what states will still have a white majority ? Don't know which sate, but I know Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri will still be white majority

will the USA still be the most powerful nation in the world ? No, China would be (at least this is what I read)

As for myself, I will always be the 7% mixed race, hopefully retired with a lot of money living in an island somewhere LOL I don't plan on having kids in the future (if I do, one child, that is it)
You might be right but I expect China to implode. Historically they've done it every time they've become expansionist. There are already some pretty obvious cracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 11:23 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN 2060

do you think it will resemble anything like the USA today ? NO

will you still be alive ? I will be 123

what cultural changes will have happened ? Everyone will behave like in the movie Idiocracy

what will a white minority USA look like ? San Francisco in the 60's

will white people still hold political powers ? We will be ruled by robot overlords

what states will still have a white majority ? Montana

will the USA still be the most powerful nation in the world ? Just below Lichtenstein

Old 06-05-2015, 01:36 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Tech has always played a role, but the last 100 yard is always about Infantry. nah don't believe future warfare (especially in just 40 something years) will be fought by robots or mind control weapons. But, Laser weapon for long range firearms such as snipers will be possible. With computer assisted targeting, snipers can hit targets with pinpoint accuracy miles away.Robots will be able to handle more daily tasks but most people will only have basic ones for stuff like vacuuming.
You vastly underestimate weaponry systems. Scanning blinding lasers were banned simply because they are a terrifying battlefield weapon. High energy lasers are coming, and initially they will be thought of as energy powered bigger guns. Unfortunately what people are missing is how they will combine with future technologies.

Fusion power is coming within 10 years, possibly as short as 5.
High end optical cameras mixed with computer aided targeting, and rapid laser weapon optics.

Basically.....imagine being above a city, telling a computer to engage all human targets, and start killing people at a rate of 100 per second.....with your platform being at 60,000 feet.

Robots for vacuuming are old school nowadays. Look for cooking robots, and then more advanced ones. Moore's law is going to drive the capabilities....

Old 06-05-2015, 01:38 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You vastly underestimate weaponry systems. Scanning blinding lasers were banned simply because they are a terrifying battlefield weapon. High energy lasers are coming, and initially they will be thought of as energy powered bigger guns. Unfortunately what people are missing is how they will combine with future technologies.

Fusion power is coming within 10 years, possibly as short as 5.
High end optical cameras mixed with computer aided targeting, and rapid laser weapon optics.

Basically.....imagine being above a city, telling a computer to engage all human targets, and start killing people at a rate of 100 per second.....with your platform being at 60,000 feet.

Robots for vacuuming are old school nowadays. Look for cooking robots, and then more advanced ones. Moore's law is going to drive the capabilities....
2060, which is 45 years from now on.

yes, i do believe Robots will be able to handle more daily tasks but most people will only have basic ones for stuff like vacuuming.

I've seen some crazy technologies, mostly in Japan and America, although some might underestimate Finland. I think realistically speaking, in 45 years, most people will just afford the old school. Just my own prediction. I know vacuuming cleaning robots are old school, but do we all have one in our homes? probably not. Why is that? Ops thread is about 2060 America, not what is the most advanced technology in 2060, that is why I answered this accordingly. (Not trying to argue with you however, you obviously know more about technology than I do)

Dimensional Elevator will be pretty awesome, as long as people can afford it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-05-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
2060, which is 45 years from now on.

yes, i do believe Robots will be able to handle more daily tasks but most people will only have basic ones for stuff like vacuuming.

I've seen some crazy technologies, mostly in Japan and America, although some might underestimate Finland. I think realistically speaking, in 45 years, most people will just afford the old school. Just my own prediction. I know vacuuming cleaning robots are old school, but do we all have one in our homes? probably not. Why is that? Ops thread is about 2060 America, not what is the most advanced technology in 2060, that is why I answered this accordingly. (Not trying to argue with you however, you obviously know more about technology than I do)

Dimensional Elevator will be pretty awesome, as long as people can afford it.
Uhmmm have one of the vacuuming ones. Not that expensive really.. And very very very awesome.

The rate of change is increasing. Someone had a good explanation....Which I've typed up completely wrong a couple times.

Basically the rate of change is accelerating. As such for most of the peoples predictions....I think they vastly underestimate the amount of technological change we will see.

What have you seen out of finland?

Old 06-05-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Uhmmm have one of the vacuuming ones. Not that expensive really.. And very very very awesome.

The rate of change is increasing. Someone had a good explanation....Which I've typed up completely wrong a couple times.

Basically the rate of change is accelerating. As such for most of the peoples predictions....I think they vastly underestimate the amount of technological change we will see.

What have you seen out of finland?
In my neighborhood, I see many cool gadgets, but I don't think most American families have those.

I don't want to brag about what I have, it is irrelevant. (Not saying you do either) I was simply asking "most american families do not have vaccumming robots, why it that?" and when I was talking about cacuuming robot, i was not talking about this http://www.appliancist.com/lg-robot-...er-v-r4000.jpg

Finland's per capita output equals to many other Europeans countries taken together, that is why they can afford massive developments made in technology.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
In my neighborhood, I see many cool gadgets, but I don't think most American families have those.

I don't want to brag about what I have, it is irrelevant. (Not saying you do either) I was simply asking "most american families do not have vaccumming robots, why it that?"

Finland's per capita output equals to many other Europeans countries taken together, that is why they can afford massive developments made in technology.
Hmmm..could be I have a lot of techy sort of friends-A lot of people I know have them. The company has sold only 10 million world wide, so yeah not a massive adoption by folks yet. I highly recommend them. I need to buy a new battery for mine.

Thanks for the comment on Finland, I will keep a better eye on them.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Hmmm..could be I have a lot of techy sort of friends-A lot of people I know have them. The company has sold only 10 million world wide, so yeah not a massive adoption by folks yet. I highly recommend them. I need to buy a new battery for mine.

Thanks for the comment on Finland, I will keep a better eye on them.
I admire people like you. Honestly.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN 2060

do you think it will resemble anything like the USA today ? More poverty, more crumbling infrastructure.
will you still be alive ? Yes, but old
what cultural changes will have happened ? People will mostly be over gay marriage being legal
what will a white minority USA look like ? Still the holders of power and wealth, while the masses are more likely to live in poverty
will white people still hold political powers ? yes
what states will still have a white majority ? North Dakota, Wyoming and Alaska
will the USA still be the most powerful nation in the world ?
No - probably China.

And Fox News will control all public news and political candidates.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
In 2060

40% of Americans will be white (only 30% of newborn children will be white)
31% Hispanic
14% Black
8% Asian
7% Mixed

if this trend continues then by 2090, the white population of the USA will be 28%
and Hispanics will be the majority
Better start getting used to mariachi music.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies