Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 08:05 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,523,145 times

Advertisements

Actually, Democrat sleaze ball operatives working for Bill Clinton's wife mined this material and gave it to the New York Times. And the Times being the obedient tool for Democrats that it is, published this truly pathetic attempt at a hit piece. Wow, Rubio had four tickets in 16 years or 18 years, something like that. If this is all they can dig up on Rubio he his truly golden when it comes to character and history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 08:06 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,353,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So Marco Rubio has received four traffic tickets since 1997 and his wife has received 13. They (either he and/or his wife) have apparently also attended defensive driving. Marco Rubio and his family are apparently so clean that this is the best effort at a smear story that the New York Times can come up with.

Surely this is a scandal that the left can use to ruin Marco Rubio, a politician that they fear to their very core. A Hispanic conservative Republican who is well spoken, attractive, super smart, balanced and under control.

OH MY GOD!!! CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY!!!

Have no fear, the New York Times in on the case. And MSNBC is sure to try and do everything they can to make this into a major story, especially Rachel Maddow.

No word about the findings of the smear investigations that they have going on Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, or Lincoln Chafee. Of course Hillary Clinton has not driven during this period, as she has a paid chauffeur to drive her around all this time and more.

Whatever traffic infractions his wife may have committed is irrelevant to the Senator himself, so I disregard any discussion of his wife's traffic record.

And as demographic outliers, I consider it possible some of the violations were motivated by officer bias rather than by driver error. Just as there are some cops who stop drivers for Driving While Black or Driving While Poor, there are some who dislike Driving While Rich.

So no, I do not see a political issue here.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:23 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,523,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Whatever traffic infractions his wife may have committed is irrelevant to the Senator himself, so I disregard any discussion of his wife's traffic record.

And as demographic outliers, I consider it possible some of the violations were motivated by officer bias rather than by driver error. Just as there are some cops who stop drivers for Driving While Black or Driving While Poor, there are some who dislike Driving While Rich.

So no, I do not see a political issue here.
The political issue is that this information was supplied to the Times by sleaze ball Democratic operatives working for an organization that fronts for Bill Clinton's wife. The Times being the good little Dem mouth piece that it is promptly published this article on Rubio's heinous acts. Pathetic even for Democrats but it shows that Rubio's history is clean, at least as far as any rational person would view it.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:36 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,353,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
The political issue is that this information was supplied to the Times by sleaze ball Democratic operatives working for an organization that fronts for Bill Clinton's wife. The Times being the good little Dem mouth piece that it is promptly published this article on Rubio's heinous acts. Pathetic even for Democrats but it shows that Rubio's history is clean, at least as far as any rational person would view it.

That certainly is a political issue. More fodder for why Americans hate the mainstream media.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,292,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Quote:
That certainly is a political issue. More fodder for why Americans hate the mainstream media.
And it's a good, early indication of how the MSM is going all out to influence the presidential elections.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,023,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I hear the Hillary campaign is keeping this under wraps as a potential 'October Surprise' just in case but: There are rumors that Rubio once removed a mattress tag!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I hear he lathers and rinses but DOES NOT repeat.
I hear he also waits too long to change out his toothbrush, and occasionally leaves the toilet seat UP!

That does it, he's ineligible.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:16 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,475,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Not for his fellow drug addict supporters living on the dole. But for the rest of America, yes.
Link?

Old 06-06-2015, 01:12 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,292,965 times
Default Rubio Laughing All the Way to the Bank, Fundraising From #rubiocrimespree

You have to wonder if the NYT is actually trying to help Rubio.

Rubio Laughing All the Way to the Bank, Fundraising From #RubioCrimeSpree - Breitbart

Old 06-06-2015, 01:57 PM

19,764 posts, read 12,001,179 times
Quote:
Or the Clinton machine.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,302,815 times
One has to wonder whether this is not partially about Rubio's skin color and ethnicity. I've never heard of the NYT and other liberals going after a white candidate on the basis of minor traffic infractions. There has to be some underlying motivation here for them to do something this ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies