Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:16 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times

Advertisements

OTC pills are not exactly risk free. I think that a doctor should explain about the risk of clots, etc. Not everyone should be on them. Definitely a prescription drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,115 times
I don't know any libs who would be against this, maybe some are, who knows? Regardless, the fact that the article originates from the National Review sort of makes it non-credible in speaking about what liberals are thinking.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:22 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Some birth control can cause severe problems. Some women become depressed, and I heard of a woman that said she felt suicidal because of it. It is not exactly like getting Tylenol. But I guess that depends on the dosage and type/brand of birth-control. I think the safer versions should be over the counter.
Birth control can also be prescribed for severe medical problems. Women who suffer those problems get depressed, too.

I know of no liberal who opposes over the counter birth control. The subject header of this topic is nothing but a stinking red herring. It's too bad, because the discussion itself is valuable. There are a lot of things in politics that are neither conservative or liberal only.

The OP could try to use a bit more wisdom next time in his choice of words for a subject header?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I know of no liberal who opposes over the counter birth control.
Neither do I. I'm a liberal and I think birth control should be as easy to get as possible.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Birth control can also be prescribed for severe medical problems. Women who suffer those problems get depressed, too.

I know of no liberal who opposes over the counter birth control. The subject header of this topic is nothing but a stinking red herring. It's too bad, because the discussion itself is valuable. There are a lot of things in politics that are neither conservative or liberal only.

The OP could try to use a bit more wisdom next time in his choice of words for a subject header?
From the article in the OP:
Salon’s Katie McDonough called the senator perpetually “full of s**t.†Planned Parenthood’s president claimed that the bill “is a sham and an insult to women.†NARAL Pro-Choice America’s president called the idea “nothing but political pandering to trick women and families into thinking we are covered while dismantling one of the most critical gains in the Affordable Care Act.†And Slate’s Amanda Marcotte called it “just a feint.â€
It sounds like you either do not know very many liberals, or you are just not very well read on this topic.

The subject header is fine. You might want to read the article in the OP or maybe a few other articles that can easily be found on the internet before appointing yourself as a wisdom expert, which you clearly are not.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:04 PM

218 posts, read 214,441 times
Seriously, you have heard about LIBERALS opposed to ANYTHING regarding acess to birth control! That's ludicrous, simply not true.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:23 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Seriously, you have heard about LIBERALS opposed to ANYTHING regarding acess to birth control! That's ludicrous, simply not true.
If that is correct, then they will support the passage of this proposal in Congress, right?

Old 06-08-2015, 11:32 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Two words for this Guy Smiley-look alike: "You lie!""

Gardner Breaks Promise on Birth Control*|*Jason Salzman

Old 06-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A year ago today in the run-up to the 2014 elections, the Democrats were pushing the idea that Republicans wanted to take away women's birth control pills. Of course it was a flat out lie, as we can clearly see here.

So now the Republicans are taking the lead in expanding access and choice when it comes to birth control, and it is the Democrats that are standing in the way of that.

My how times do change.
Don't be so naive! GOP and the religious right, continue to fight birth control 100 percent. Of course thankfully just as many GOP women continue to use contraception, so if the gang of guys continue their war on women from the last election, you will yet again lose! STAY OUT OF WOMENS ISSUES,

Old 06-13-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If that is correct, then they will support the passage of this proposal in Congress, right?
Heck no, read the bill! This is not for pro choice women in any fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies