Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 09:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The climate always changes. AGW is man made global warming. Two different things. One is an immutable truth. The other is bad theory with no basis in fact. Your argument does not work. But keep trying to connect those nonexistent dots.
The climate always changes.... WOWOWOWOOWOW. You are such a deep thinker with original thoughts.... Your argument is beyond embarrassing and you can't argue anything past sound bites. Prove me wrong, I doubt you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 10:01 AM

Perhaps T130 can riddle me this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Do you think the planet cares if we are annually releasing gigatons of methane, CO2, NOX, and SOX or it's coming from volcanoes and geologic activity?
Do you think the result is different?

It's amazing how ignorant people, and even more amazing how they pretend to be knowledgeable.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:41 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
It's becoming more comfortable in the Midwest

Milder winters

A Country Divided by Seasons and Warming | Climate Central

And the summers aren't as hot as they used to be

Maybe that's true in Chicago, but US summers overall have been getting warmer since 1970.

http://www.weather.com/holiday/summe...e-map-20140619

Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
That would be good news. I hate cold weather.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That would be good news. I hate cold weather.

Me too. The past two winters up here were extremely brutal! I know you guys in Texas get your share of cold from time to time, (I remember when Dallas hosted the Super Bowl and they had several of inches of snow at the time) but nowhere close to what we had up here this past winter.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:45 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,327 times
That was an interesting mudslinging read like usual. No one is denying climate changes, nor are they denying the earth heats and cools.
I also want to know what climate the alarmist/activists want it to stay on. I want it to stay on winter, how can it be kept on that for wisconsin?
I also find it amusing how the activists here some how think they have credibility, when the people that have pushed it have subzero credibility. Especially when a democrat wanted to use the RICO law against "skeptics"
Now if they try that, the alarmists, and their climate scientists would have to show their "work" in court, and possibly finances.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
That was an interesting mudslinging read like usual. No one is denying climate changes, nor are they denying the earth heats and cools.
I also want to know what climate the alarmist/activists want it to stay on. I want it to stay on winter, how can it be kept on that for wisconsin?
I also find it amusing how the activists here some how think they have credibility, when the people that have pushed it have subzero credibility. Especially when a democrat wanted to use the RICO law against "skeptics"
Now if they try that, the alarmists, and their climate scientists would have to show their "work" in court, and possibly finances.
Well why not? The same people who funded the misinformation studies about tobacco use are funding opposition to climate change research and action.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:52 AM

29,520 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Maybe that's true in Chicago, but US summers overall have been getting warmer since 1970.

http://www.weather.com/holiday/summe...e-map-20140619
Warmer doesn't mean more extreme heat

High and Low Temperatures | Climate Change | US EPA

Climate models are completely failing in their extreme heat scenarios.

This is quite laughable

Quote:
Under a higher-emissions scenario, climate change models predict that Chicago could experience over 70 days above 90 °F by 2100 and 30 days over 100 °F.

and they can't even get the averages right

Quote:
During the historical baseline Chicago averaged only 15 days per summer with highs over 90°F
http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/...e-illinois.pdf

Their baseline period is 1961-1990

ORD had an average of 18 days per year of 90F+, and MDW 24 days.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I don't think anyone is saying there is NEVER climate change...we know the climate has changed MANY times in 4 1/2 billion years....but to say that we puny humans can somehow CONTROL it...that's where the train flies off the tracks!
Nobody has said we can control it. It's been said (and proven) that our activity has had an impact on it. To understand that impact means that we can control OUR ACTIONS and minimize the impact that we have as humans on the climate.

EDIT: I'm sure someone(s) have said we can control it, but sane people are saying what I stated above.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well can you tell me the effects of releasing gigatons of greenhouse gases that have been locked up for hundreds of millions years in a span of about two hundred years?

We know abrupt geological activity can result in climate change. We know asteroid impacts can cause climate change. We know solar cycles can can cause climate change. Now why can't releasing all them greenhouse gases in a very short geological time have some affect on climate? It's okay to admit your ideology won't allow you to admit it, but I haven't gotten a good answer from any of you "skeptics".
And yet, the earth has been both warmer and cooler many times in the past so your whole BS argument is revealed to be nothing but propaganda by a select minority in the hopes that it will let them control the lives of others. Just a tool, and not a very good one because their every prediction continues to be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies