Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 05:53 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

No one has said that illegal immigration didn't go on prior to Obama becoming president. Reading comprehension is essential. What is being stated is that he made it worse by promising amnesty for 6 years now and then decided by EO to pass a de facto amnesty on his own by stopping the deportations of millions of illegal aliens. That's the reason why so many Central Americans have flooded our borders recently also. If some in here would stop twisting other's words we could have honest debate in here but I won't hold my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Is there any common sense in your "argument?"
I repeat:

Is there an argument in there?

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-13-2015 at 11:32 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Thank you for admitting this.
Admitting that Obama is to blame?

You're welcome.

Quote:
Continuing is not the same as making it worse.
It's also not the same as making it better.

Quote:
All Obama has done with the help of Congress is prolong the matter.
Instead of trying to solve the problem.

Great!

Why would we expect a president to try to solve problems?!?

Quote:
But made it worse? Nope.
Yes, he has.

His attempt to spare 5 million illegals from deportation has sent a green light to the world: Sneak into America. Congress and the president won't do anything to deport you!

Quote:
You people should stop trying to place only on Obama. That's just dumb.
"Us people" have not only been blaming Obama.

But you Obama defenders refuse to hold him accountable.

Quote:
It is a Washington problem that they don't care enough about to fix.
Obama isn't a part of Washington?

Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, the blame was with congress for not securing the border as promised when Reagan passed the first amnesty. For 6 years now Obama has been promising another amnesty and by EO has given a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens and it is encouraging more to come so the blame today is on Obama.
And how many presidents have there been between reagan and obama who should have done something....yet you blame obama?

Old 06-13-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Nothing, but there is something wrong with people that wants to limited immigration to only white people. Most of these types are known as white nationalist. That was my point but it seems it might have been lost on you.
I think we should limit immigration to the people who were here when this country was founded.

Meaning British, Scandinavian and European.

Those people, plus Native Americans whose ancestors lived north of our border with Mexico and descendants of slaves is enough.

The rest of you go home.

That way, we preserve our culture and history.

Would Mexico want to have massive immigration by Gringos?

I doubt it.

Odd: I don't see you objecting to other countries not wanting diversity -- the great majority don't.

It's only white countries that are supposed to become racially diverse and accept poor people as immigrants.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-14-2015 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-13-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And how many presidents have there been between reagan and obama who should have done something....yet you blame obama?
Clip a clue-pon.

We blame them all.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Clip a clue-pon.

We blame them all.
Well not according to this thread.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:01 AM

139 posts, read 85,593 times
I respect the "law of the land" argument; however, where I principally see weakness in the conservative position is in the impracticality of proposals, with building a colossal wall along the southern border and deporting all illegals (as if it was such a simple matter) being chief among them.

In my opinion, we should instead focus on immigration reform, which should emphasize a more streamlined process and provide unauthorized residents the opportunity to earn citizenship via public service. This, in turn, would exacerbate the economic positives of a larger consumer/taxable population, while also aiding in cultural assimilation. Additionally, do away with the War on Drugs initiative, which has essentially done nothing but create arbitrage opportunities for criminal organizations looking to traffic drugs into/within the US and escalate non-violent incarceration rates.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middling Swordsman View Post
I respect the "law of the land" argument; however, where I principally see weakness in the conservative position is in the impracticality of proposals, with building a colossal wall along the southern border and deporting all illegals (as if it was such a simple matter) being chief among them.

In my opinion, we should instead focus on immigration reform, which should emphasize a more streamlined process and provide unauthorized residents the opportunity to earn citizenship via public service. This, in turn, would exacerbate the economic positives of a larger consumer/taxable population, while also aiding in cultural assimilation. Additionally, do away with the War on Drugs initiative, which has essentially done nothing but create arbitrage opportunities for criminal organizations looking to traffic drugs into/within the US and escalate non-violent incarceration rates.
Get rid of the 14th amendment which we should have never had. I think we are the only country that allowed this.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:22 AM

139 posts, read 85,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Get rid of the 14th amendment which we should have never had. I think we are the only country that allowed this.
I assume you are referring to the "citizen by birth" bit of the Amendment, for much of the Fourteenth served very egalitarian purposes during Reconstruction and beyond. Nevertheless, I agree that US citizenship laws are outdated in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies