Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 02:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Every president inherits debt and piles on more.
So, that excuses Obama's adding to it by more than 1.5 times Bush's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 02:15 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Actually, he is the current President, so he deserves the blame.

It's getting old that Obama cheerleaders still blame the previous administration for all of Obama's failures.

To complain that GWB added $7T to the debt, while ignoring that Obama will have added $10-11T by the time he's done is comeplete lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
He hasn't doena damn thing to stop it and only does more to encourage it and legalize those who are already here. Damn right he is the problem.
Give me a break.

People need to get over the fact that Obama is President already and stop letting their personal issues stunt their reasoning. Illegal immigration has long been an issues that numerous politicians have ignored.

That is why this remains an issue. You people are selective about who you choose to hold responsible.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Meanwhile, I know a ton of Europeans, mostly British, college educated who would like the opportunity to live in America, and there is no route for them whatsoever minus they marry an American.
But if they are college educated, why not stay in their country of origin? We've already got millions of college educated people here competing for jobs.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:35 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Previous administration? That's laughable, illegals have been coming to work for at least the last 50 years, blame the people who hired them and took advantage of cheap labor.
With Sacramento wanting to make the use of E-verify by employers to check your status, can we blame them too?

Old 06-07-2015, 02:41 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Post #6 is right.

While I can't stand Obama, illegal swarming started aggressively in the earlier-80's. NOBODY in office has had the balls to address border security like they should have - Reagan's amnesty didn't do a damn thing to thwart the problem; if anything, it probably contributed to it. Obama is adding more under that same rug as he sweeps the problem in with the rest of them.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Post #6 is right.

While I can't stand Obama, illegal swarming started aggressively in the earlier-80's. NOBODY in office has had the balls to address border security like they should have - Reagan's amnesty didn't do a damn thing to thwart the problem; if anything, it probably contributed to it. Obama is adding more under that same rug as he sweeps the problem in with the rest of them.
Exactly. None of them truly care because at the end of the day, it does not affect them.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:49 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times
No Country in recorded history has been as adept at creating its own problems as has the US-- and as inept in solving them.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Give me a break.

People need to get over the fact that Obama is President already and stop letting their personal issues stunt their reasoning. Illegal immigration has long been an issues that numerous politicians have ignored.

That is why this remains an issue. You people are selective about who you choose to hold responsible.
He has been president for how long? Who is being selective? Keep your head stuck in the ground or up his ass I don't care. I won't.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
He has been president for how long? Who is being selective? Keep your head stuck in the ground or up his ass I don't care. I won't.
You are selective...sorry. To me, the Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin and play their followers like fiddles.

But as you indicated, you are so obsessed with the smell of Obama's crack to notice.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:22 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
But if they are college educated, why not stay in their country of origin? We've already got millions of college educated people here competing for jobs.
Honestly, I'm a bit older and in grad school now with a lot of work experience behind me.
Most people could get a job in their field unless they majored in something silly like English. The fact that I've dealt with a lot of 20 somethings in the workplace. They are (generally) the most pathetic, unmotivated people I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. No manners, cannot treat clients/customers with courtesy.

Besides its not as if there is going to be a massive flood of all of Britain to America, however they deserve as much of a shot as anyone. They speak the same language, they assimilate quickly...you don't have the cultural clash the way you do with other cultures.

Or should we just continue to add uneducated people and no one else? Because that's what's happening (and if you think that will end anytime soon you are mistaken)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies