Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 02:18 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times

Advertisements

News from The Associated Press

Been saying this was happening since this whole mess started. I'm glad someone finally had the nuts to talk about it. The fundamentals for the markets are not and never have been there to support the current levels. The next crash will make 08 look like a weekend in Disneyland. Why you ask? The Feds used up all the pixey dust this go around and they have no way of stopping it. They should have let the to-big-to-fail actually fail and go under. It would have been painful but the world wouldn't be as awash in debt as she is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
News from The Associated Press

Been saying this was happening since this whole mess started. I'm glad someone finally had the nuts to talk about it. The fundamentals for the markets are not and never have been there to support the current levels. The next crash will make 08 look like a weekend in Disneyland. Why you ask? The Feds used up all the pixey dust this go around and they have no way of stopping it. They should have let the to-big-to-fail actually fail and go under. It would have been painful but the world wouldn't be as awash in debt as she is now.

Zero percent interest rates...what could possibly go wrong?

Old 06-09-2015, 04:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've made many posts about why this is causing us problems. Yet, where are the protests? Where are the demands for it to stop? This is a huge hand out for Wall Street, something so many say they are against but yet, where is the public condemnations?

Old 06-09-2015, 04:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What happens to the federal budget when the interest rates rise to say 8%, and we cant afford to pay the federal interest on the debt? Since they keep whining you cant cut federal spending without starving people, or killing seniors or babies etc, where exactly do they plan on getting the $1.5 trillion from to cover the interest.

These pro government spenders and cheerleaders for more debt, never have an answer. I wonder why.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What happens to the federal budget when the interest rates rise to say 8%, and we cant afford to pay the federal interest on the debt? Since they keep whining you cant cut federal spending without starving people, or killing seniors or babies etc, where exactly do they plan on getting the $1.5 trillion from to cover the interest.

These pro government spenders and cheerleaders for more debt, never have an answer. I wonder why.
I am not and I have posted answers.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am not and I have posted answers.
I wasnt talking about you. Everyone knows there are lefties all over this place who will tell us government can just go crazy and print up and borrow money without any negative ramifications to the nation, despite the fact it defies all common sense.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:44 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,459,477 times
Company financials are public knowledge--anyone can go to Morningstar or the Federal site (Edgar, I think) and download current and prior year financials and analyze them to their heart's content.

The people that actually do that are doing just fine with the market. The people that will be hurt are the ones chasing the big numbers without bothering to look behind the curtain.

Same thing happened in 1999/2000 with the tech stocks that were built on air and hype.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:05 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Don't fight the tape.
Use tight stops.
Same as it always was.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
I wasnt talking about you. Everyone knows there are lefties all over this place who will tell us government can just go crazy and print up and borrow money without any negative ramifications to the nation, despite the fact it defies all common sense.
LOL

Common sense? You mean like thinking of the federal governments spending as a families checkbook?

Can the government do it? Absolutely. Is it wise to do it? It depends.

Currently our economy is doing ok, the rich are getting vastly richer. We should be raising taxes and paying down our debt. Oddly enough those on the right don't seem to understand that during good times you buckle down and pay debt down. But that bit of common sense doesn't seem to exist either.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:27 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,007 times
Quote:

8% interest would be wonderful for those of us who are retired. This low interest to nearly 0% kills our retirement savings earnings which are needed in order to keep us solvent. We must stay away from spending the principle we saved. If we have to dip into the principle of our savings that demolishes the earning ability of same that we have to have to maintain living expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies