Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 12:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wow. You are going to be in for a very unpleasant surprise if you make it to the Other Side.
That threat is about as 'scary' to a rational adult as saying Santa Claus won't bring them presents because they've been a naughty little boy.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:20 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays do not want to settle for a civil union. They don't want to accept the word of God that Homosexuality is wrong,but they want to change what GOD says is the definition of marriage. This is dangerous territory for America if the majority supports gay marriage.
Given you have failed to, even attempt to let alone achieve, show there is a god at all, let alone that the opinion you vicariously assign to it about homosexuality is actually it's opinion.... it would seem your diatribe above is little more than irrelevant red herring.

If your imaginary friend wishes to vote however, then by all means have he or she apply for citizenship and go through the necessary procedures to gain access to the ballot boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Nothing wrong with being a bigot when it comes to the issue of homosexuality. And before someone defends it by saying that animals do it.
I see nothing to defend. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" myself. And given you have failed to even make an attempt to establish anything morally or otherwise wrong with homosexuality, there is no reason to mount a defense at all.

Quote:
Deny him all you want but he's your God too, and you'll soon find out it's true.
Citations required. Substantiation fail.

Quote:
Wow. You are going to be in for a very unpleasant surprise if you make it to the Other Side.
Citations required. Substantiation fail.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:29 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Deny him all you want but he's your God too, and you'll soon find out it's true.
Well, he's had time enough to make his views known. Sadly, there have been no burning bushes and booming voices from the heavens, lately. All we're left with are self-appointed spokespersons, and they're not exactly behaving like one would expect the representatives of a Supreme Being.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:32 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Jhuger - Kissing Hank's Ass

Old 06-14-2015, 05:33 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:

Leave me out of your fantasies. Your beliefs are not everyone's beliefs.

It would be refreshing, for a change, if one of these SSM threads could continue WITHOUT having God, the bible, and sins constantly being thrown into the discussion. Its the internet forum version of a monkey in a cage at the zoo, flinging its own poop! An attention getting mechanism - nothing to see here folks.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
No, because there is no other side. I don't need a fairytale as a guideline for living life. And if I am wrong I would imagine that a being older than time has developed a sense of humor .

Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
That threat is about as 'scary' to a rational adult as saying Santa Claus won't bring them presents because they've been a naughty little boy.
Yeah I always love how the believers say that as if it's going to really petrify you or something.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:47 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All rights are voted on at some point.

The Bill of Rights was ratified by the states.

There is no unwritten right of the minority to invent rights as they see fit.

As for Loving, it violated the Fourteenth Amendment because it only outlawed mixed marriages in which one of the partners was white.

The Fourteenth Amendment was ratified by the states.

That means it was voted on.

You don`t get to invent your own bill of gay rights.

You don`t get to overrule the people because you didn`t get what you wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep, the interracial marriage bans were found to violate the 14th on the basis of the race of the people getting married.
SSM bans will be found to be violating the 14th on the basis of the sex of the people getting married.

States can not discriminate based on race or sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The ERA failed to achieve ratification, even with an extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The 14th didn't fail to achieve ratification. I believe it says something about ALL citizens, and equal protection of the laws.

You just don`t get there with that.

Same-sex marriage is simply a preference that is not permitted by the law in most states.

A state must have a law that prohibits you from doing what others in that state do for you to have a legitimate complaint.

Others may marry members of the opposite sex and you are also entitled to marry a member of the opposite sex so there is no issue with other being allowed to do something you are not.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:14 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Is there a reason we can't do, y'know, more than one thing at once?

That's cool. Some churches would call me a sinner for marrying a Jew (and some rabbis would call my wife the same). But they're not in a position to exercise authority over me, so why should I care?

If you have no Spiritually Faith then I contend you are correct and you just made yourself as a God.

Hell, the Protestants and the Catholics will call each other sinners all day long. Their problem, not mine.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Everyone has Sinned in deed or thought in our daily lives. But you have raised a interested point.
Many so call Churches of God insert their own twist to the Bible and distort the Word of God.

Why is this important?
Because folks like yourself struggle everyday on what is a sin, to a point of "I don't Care", Because all many see is a bunch of idiots waiving a Book that no loner carry's value.

To be very honest I was one of those church goers and I would latterly sit in a room looking at hand waiving a hand. Everyone would be getting a message and all I want to do is nap.

But the god Lord has open my eyes I get it now. It took a verrrrry long time but I get it . Faith is a daily thing and having a relationship with Jesus and God. Walking the line trying to do what is Godly is a challenge to all.

But I get your point, and your frustration with the Church thing.

But that is why there is Mans Law and God Law. This will be the reason why most states will compromise with the Civil Union ideal and will not touch the gay Marriage with a 10 foot pole. After all Gay people are good people as well as Good Christians. Gay People are not evil or have devious thoughts 24 /7 but their life choices separate them from main stream.
We live in a country that afford it citizens rights, How one uses those rights is up to the citizen.
In the end time all will be judged for what they did or did not do.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:47 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think these polls is why gays where so shocked when vote ran against them in California. One reason we do not elect by polls. Often the question asked skews the results.
I doubt Prop 8 would pass if put to a vote today. The vote was pretty close even in 2008 and probably would have failed if not for the socially conservative Hispanic vote in Southern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies