Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:01 PM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Is rush keeping silent on this?
No idea. Only time I hear that annoying liar is if I'm stuck somewhere that I cannot change the channel or if it's one of his stupid "pop up blurbs" inserted into my morning traffic report and I'm across the room.

It would be safe to say that he would not comment on it because it's a debacle for Republicans.

The only good thing to come of this is that hopefully it gives enough momentum to vote him out next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Who is whining? Some mopes just don't like anything bad said about their state. Too bad! Get out of the house and talk to the middle class people of Ks and you will find out they are very upset about this stuff.
If everything you claimed actually happened they should be really upset.

I mean holy cow, those attacking lava trolls from the earths crust that Brownback unleashed last week were pretty destructive.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
$750/($300 x 52) = 4.8% not the 0.35% that it actually increased.

It's $55 more per year, not $750.

Oh, and here's a source because sometimes people make stuff up.

Read more: Kansas sales tax hike means higher grocery store bills for poor - KCTV5
I posted what was said on channel 5 news.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I posted what was said on channel 5 news.
Here is the part where having a reputable track record about fairly stating things would come in real handy.

I mean seriously, you expect us to believe that after all your posts?

LOL.....

Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here is the part where having a reputable track record about fairly stating things would come in real handy.

I mean seriously, you expect us to believe that after all your posts?

LOL.....

I don't care what you believe. Get off your high horse. you are no better than anyone else. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Now Brownback is claiming the hike in sales tax is not really a tax increase. No doubt the sycophants on the right will believe it.

Brownback: Despite Sales Tax Hike, It's 'Not Accurate' That We're Raising Taxes

But Grover Norquist, who crafted the no tax pledge Brownback signed, conceded it was, indeed, a tax increase, calling it "unfortunate backsliding." He is calling for Kansas to get back on the "no tax increase" bandwagon as soon as possible.

More proof that Norquist has never had to actually govern. So like the pied piper, he is free to continue to craft economy-wrecking pledges and stupid rightwing politicians will continue to follow him off the cliff.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:09 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
wealth redistribution... trickle up.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:13 AM

698 posts, read 587,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Now Brownback is claiming the hike in sales tax is not really a tax increase. No doubt the sycophants on the right will believe it.

Brownback: Despite Sales Tax Hike, It's 'Not Accurate' That We're Raising Taxes

But Grover Norquist, who crafted the no tax pledge Brownback signed, conceded it was, indeed, a tax increase, calling it "unfortunate backsliding." He is calling for Kansas to get back on the "no tax increase" bandwagon as soon as possible.

More proof that Norquist has never had to actually govern. So like the pied piper, he is free to continue to craft economy-wrecking pledges and stupid rightwing politicians will continue to follow him off the cliff.
The only good thing to come out of this whole mess is that Brownback is now persona non grata as far as the national GOP is concerned. Any chance he had to spread his stupidity outside Kansas is gone forever.

I have no doubt that conservatives will actually believe his lies. They continue to insist that cutting tax rates creates more tax revenue. That cutting tax rates creates more jobs. And that reducing the funding to public schools increases the amount of money they have to spend.

None of this matters to Kansas Republicans though. It is 100% god, gays and guns here. As long as the GOP passes a few anti-abortion and anti-gay bills each year, the religious nutjobs and other assorted rubes will continue voting for them.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Are you from Ks or have any ties to Ks other than this forum?

Talk to Joe the common middle class Kansan. They sure as hell don't like what is being done to them.
The reason for these deficits were unnecessary at all. Look at the Ks thread and you will see how they are treating the mentally ill and disabled.

A Kansas City Star reporter that is a quadriplegic and a victim of Sams cuts; asked Sam what he should do if his ventilator came out. Sam told him to go to the neighbors house and ask them to stick it back in for him.

What would you have taken away from that conversation were you the one in a wheelchair with a ventilator?
Then why the hell did most of the counties in Kansas vote to reelect Brownback? He even won in the county with the biggest city in Kansas--Wichita.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Very well stated. Let's debunk this meme about the GOP being against redistributing wealth. That's what their entire philosophy is based on. Only they are only interested in distributions that move up to the very top. For the middle and lower classes, wealth redistribution is bad, bad, bad!!!!
When Republicans don't run on abolishing government welfare, then you know they support redistributing wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies