Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
So what? Why are you guys all about the cop just administering "justice" through excessive use of force? Especially toward people that do not pose a serious threat?

You guys just want someone to shut up what you guys believe are "uppity" people. That's it. You want someone to take down with whatever force someone who you think is mouthing off against your order.

That's all this is about.
Cops don't administer justice, courts do. Cops enforce the law and if necessary restore peace and order.

Why all the focus on the cops and not the riotous kids?

Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
If you only watch the video that is being shown on CNN that shows the officer just before he pulled out his gun - then you only hear the 14 year old calling for her mother (with the other girls screaming some profanities). But, if you catch the whole video(s), you hear her egging the officers with some profanity. 2 of the officers handled the situation correctly. Unfortunately, one officer didn't follow their lead and he took it too personal. But, make no mistake about it - some of those kids did everything they could to make the situation go down like it did. There were mistakes done on both sides.
she was mouthy, like most average 14 year olds are when they see a cop do a Paul Bart Mall Cop barrel roll acting like there was a riot in the streets. He actually said "you guys got me out here running around with 30 pounds of equipment on."

notice how no other cops were running around like him until he pulled out a weapon after tossing her around like a rag doll? The real shame is some cops can't handle a teen yelling a few words and acting like his manhood was being challenged.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So then there's really no need to focus on the DJ, Tatiana Rhodes, Benet Embry or anyone else, is there? I don't see "Did they or did they not throw an out of control pool party?" as the issue. The issue is whether the use of force was excessive. That's the only issue here.

People are working hard to make the backstory the issue. A party gone mad in the suburbs is not an abnormal thing. A party with a scuffle is not an abnormal thing. We're not talking about guns and coke. A routine break up of a teenage pool party that involved typical teenage behavior (that includes backtalking and marijuana) generally does not result in unarmed children getting roughoused anytime, anywhere. Not even NYPD would do that.
exactly... people are trying to turn it into a war zone because the reaction by the cop doesn't fit the narrative.

it's a pool party and the fight was between 2 or 3 girls. no weapons or shots fired.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
This is factually wrong. Brian Brooks' friends didn't do anything different than what he did.

Unseen kid at 0:06: Don't run!

Officer Casebolt at 0:07: Move! Move!

(Officer Casebolt tumbles at 0:09)

Kid at 0:20: Hey, give me the flashlight.

Brian Brooks' friend at 0:28: Oh sh*t! This n***** fell. Did you see it? Ay, ay, let me get your phone.

Brian Brooks at 0:32: Nah, no, no, no.

Unseen kid at 0:33: Let me give it to him.

Other kid: I want to give it to him.

Brian Brooks at 0:40: No, no, no. It wasn't his. It was his. (This is in response to Brooks' friend handing the flashlight to the wrong officer).

Officer at 0:45 (talking to a group of kids): Alright, Alright. I'm gonna tell you. Don't, don't take off running when the cops get here.

(Brian Brooks reaches to hand flashlight to officer)

Same officer at 0:46: Oh What's up, man? I'll take that. Thank you.

Young girl at 0:49: None of them were involved by the way, I know who...

Officer: Okay, okay

Brian Brooks: It was...some guys...

Officer: Okay guys, I appreciate...

Brian Brooks: It was this guy's...it was that guy's... (referring to Officer Casebolt)

Brian Brooks' friend at 0:53: Whoa, sir, hold up...

(Casebolt grabs him by the wrist and pulls him down on the grass)

Officer Casebolt: Get on the ground.

Young kid: Sir...

Officer Casebolt: I told you. Stay!

Casebolt at 0:57: Get your asses down on the ground!

(Casebolt runs off to instruct two other teens to sit on the grass)

Casebolt at 1:04: On the grass!

Casebolt approaches group with Becton at 1:13 and points baton: Get your asses out of here.

Kid at 1:20: I didn't even do anything [inaudible]

Becton walks in front of officer Casebolt at 1:27: [asks some other kid question I can't understand]

(Becton crosses street at 1:33 mark as Casebolt handcuffs one kid on the grass)

Kid at 1:36: Sir, we just got here. We came here from a birthday party. Please.

(Casebolt walks over to left of SUV)

Casebolt at 1:48: Where are these people?

(Casebolt walks to intersection at 1:55)

Kid on grass: Officer, officer.

(Casebolt directs car)

Kid on grass: Officer, I can't find my glasses.

Casebolt: I don't care. Sit down.

(Casebolt walks back in Becton's direction. Kid with blue shorts sits down)

Brian Brooks: Yo Richard, what color was it?

Richard: It's navy blue.

Brian Brooks: I know where it is.

(Casebolt addresses kids on grass)

Casebolt at 2:11: I don't care. I told y'all to stay right here. I walked off and y'all got up and took off. That's a danger. Well right now you're staying. Don't make me f***ng run around here with 30 pounds of goddamned gear on in the sun because you want to screw around out here.

(Casebolt approaches Becton's group at 2:30 mark and points baton)

Casebolt: Y'all keep standing there and running your mouths and you're gonna go too. Get out of here, I already told you.

Young girl: I need to get my glasses.

Casebolt: I don't care.

Young girl: We have...

Casebolt: I don't care. You're leaving now. You are leaving now. Leave! That way!

(Girls walk away in two different directions. Girls inaudible)

Casebolt: Get your asses gone!

Girl: You don't know who [inaudible]!

Casebolt: Keep running your mouth.

(Casebolt turns the other direction and points baton and Becton's group)

Casebolt: You! You know what?

(Grabs Becton)

Kid at 3:02: Yo Jumper, what the f**k is going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5epGE7ZjA
crazy...

Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
I'm not even sure how everything that preceded the girl being slammed to the ground is relevant. People are trying to make it relevant in an effort to justify, or at the very least mitigate, the officer's conduct. But there really is no mitigation. There's a problem when an officer slams a 14-year old girl wearing a bikini to the ground regardless of her race.
And why does her attire make a difference. I'm getting tired of hearing the word 'bikini" about 10,00 times as if that made a difference. Do people get an automatic pass because they're wearing swimwear?

Old 06-09-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
How does he know they aren't going to bull rush him and try to get his gun? That appeared to be a pretty chaotic situation.
how do we know they didn't have bombs strapped to their bodies and plan on being martyrs... lol.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
And why does her attire make a difference. I'm getting tired of hearing the word 'bikini" about 10,00 times as if that made a difference. Do people get an automatic pass because they're wearing swimwear?
it's a pool party. how can you be mad at hearing the word bikini?

I swear, a cop could violate you physically and you would thank him given your stance on here.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The kids were crashing the party at a HOA Community pool and a fight broke out between one of the party crashers and a mother. That was the disturbance. After that, the police came - the kids got mouthy (the 14 year old especially) and disrespectful, but 2 of the 3 officers kept their cool. One did not. There is no excuse for those kids and their is no excuse for that one cop who got carried away (other officer on the scene even told him so). He may have felt threatened because of the situation he caused. As a professional, he should have followed the other officers lead.
He was the first officer on the scene and had 45 minutes into it before he lost it with bikini girl.

There's video showing bikini girl being told to leave. She crosses the street and returns again and again, running her mouth.

He snapped. What's the girl's excuse for her behavior?

Old 06-09-2015, 02:08 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The fact that you saw that as restoring peace and order says it all. The cops represent the expansive legal system in this country that many in our country see as biased against class and race. All the reactions you hear against the cop who used excessive force are trying to tell you that means don't justify the ends.
This is why the cops were called in the first place:

Craig Ranch resident Bryan Gestner posted on Facebook: “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He said that the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and would not listen to the adults around the pool.

“This isn’t about race,” he said. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood, and had no respect for authority or the residents here.”

Yes, the cops needed to restore law and order. The girl should have listened to the cop and left when instructed to do so. Civilization should never tolerate mob antics.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:10 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
how do we know they didn't have bombs strapped to their bodies and plan on being martyrs... lol.
Hah, don't think blacks are in to the martyrdom thing. Seem to be more in to scooping up other people's stuff and occupying their property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies