Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:53 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The fact of the matter is, the media lies to us all of the time, and just now people are becoming aware of it?

You will usually see me on threads where police have indeed used force that was not necessary, and I am totally against that. In this case, however, that cop had HOW MANY kids to comply with getting down on the ground, and as can be clearly seen, many were NOT complying? He was doing his job, telling them to get on the ground in order to take control of the situation.

That was NOT excessive force.

As for the pulling of the weapon, if I see someone take a stance like they are going to shoot me, and pretend to reach behind them for a gun, I'm not going to wait to see if it's a real gun or not, I'm getting ready. That kid is lucky he didn't get shot. Right there, the cop should be commended because he had every belief that the kid was getting ready to shoot at him, and any reasonable person, who is not an armchair after the fact cop, would think the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with holding bad cops accountable, but it doesn't mean that every single incident is a cop being a hot head, or abusing his power.

Further, every incident that involves a black person does not mean it was racist. I'm getting really sick and tired of the media lying, and I'm getting really sick and tired of race baiters, and people who lie through their teeth on forums and other areas of the internet to further push their fake outrage and sick agenda.

You all got caught this time. This was no abuse of power, this had nothing to do with race, it had EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. This is what happens when you a) do not follow the rules and b) disrespect places, people, and property, and c) try to hide what you previously did on the internet not realizing that you can never hide what you previously did on the internet, and finally d) can't hide the truth because neighbors in the area, both black and white, are sick of your sh**.
That is overall an excellent post.

The one part I would disagree with you on is that the cop did handle the young girl in the bikini in an excessively rough manner, in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I expect his fellow officers will agree that he did too. However, the punishment should fit the crime, and this incident was not nearly as big of a deal as the usual suspects are trying to make it out to be.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Forgot to unlock what gate? Do you mean the one to the private pool?
There were invitations sent out.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, the media lies to us all of the time, and just now people are becoming aware of it?

You will usually see me on threads where police have indeed used force that was not necessary, and I am totally against that. In this case, however, that cop had HOW MANY kids to comply with getting down on the ground, and as can be clearly seen, many were NOT complying? He was doing his job, telling them to get on the ground in order to take control of the situation.

As for the pulling of the weapon, if I see someone take a stance like they are going to shoot me, and pretend to reach behind them for a gun, I'm not going to wait to see if it's a real gun or not, I'm getting ready. That kid is lucky he didn't get shot. Right there, the cop should be commended because he had every belief that the kid was getting ready to shoot at him, and any reasonable person, who is not an armchair after the fact cop, would think the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with holding bad cops accountable, but it doesn't mean that every single incident is a cop being a hot head, or abusing his power.

Further, every incident that involves a black person does not mean it was racist. I'm getting really sick and tired of the media lying, and I'm getting really sick and tired of race baiters, and people who lie through their teeth on forums and other areas of the internet to further push their fake outrage and sick agenda.

You all got caught this time. This was no abuse of power, this had nothing to do with race, it had EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. This is what happens when you a) do not follow the rules and b) disrespect places, people, and property, and c) try to hide what you previously did on the internet not realizing that you can never hide what you previously did on the internet, and finally d) can't hide the truth because neighbors in the area, both black and white, are sick of your sh**.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is overall an excellent post.

The one part I would disagree with you on is that the cop did handle the young girl in the bikini in an excessively rough manner, in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I expect his fellow officers will agree that he did too. However, the punishment should fit the crime, and this incident was not nearly as big of a deal as the usual suspects are trying to make it out to be.
Excellent post three wolves. I don't want anything to do with cops because it means that I am in trouble. They deal with bad people all the time and there is no way for them to know what kind of person I am so it's easier just to listen and handle disputes in court. The two guys came up on him when they should have left and people expect the cop to know what their intent was. If the girl would have just listened none of this would have happened. Now she and the media will drain it for all they can.

It's become a side show. The media has an agenda and people are allowing themselves to be used.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
In this case, however, that cop had HOW MANY kids to comply with getting down on the ground, and as can be clearly seen, many were NOT complying? He was doing his job, telling them to get on the ground in order to take control of the situation.

Uh . . . The kids were unable to see a problem, certainly not themselves, individually, as any sort of "problem".

It's doubtful that the police told them there was any problem, let alone, what on earth it might have been.

The police were obviously upset that they were the last ones invited to the pool party.

What is YOUR problem?

Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Uh . . . The kids were unable to see a problem, certainly not themselves, individually, as any sort of "problem".

It's doubtful that the police told them there was any problem, let alone, what on earth it might have been.

The police were obviously upset that they were the last ones invited to the pool party.

What is YOUR problem?
uh, the police showing up indicates there is a problem. Or are you calling the kids too stupid? At that point the kids should have just listened period.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually it's not because the officer was placed on leave while they investigate.
That is the issue. Wasn't he placed on leave to investigate in part whether his use of force was excessive? If not, he wouldn't have been placed on administrative leave.

Quote:
And if that party hadn't happened we'd have no story.
And I fail to see how that bears on the question of excessive force. The question is not "Was the party out of control?" but instead "was the police's use of force excessive?" There are parties where much larger "mobs" vandalize entire blocks that don't result in young girls getting dragged by their hair.

Quote:
The police officer incident is the culmination of all that went on before that video snippet hit the net
Uh huh. There's a point where an officer's conduct can exceed the bounds of propriety even though his presence is perfectly legitimate.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That is the issue. Wasn't he placed on leave to investigate in part whether his use of force was excessive? If not, he wouldn't have been placed on administrative leave.

And I fail to see how that bears on the question of excessive force. The question is not "Was the party out of control?" but instead "was the police's use of force excessive?" There are parties where much larger "mobs" vandalize entire blocks that don't result in young girls getting dragged by their hair.

Uh huh. There's a point where an officer's conduct can exceed the bounds of propriety even though his presence is perfectly legitimate.
I'm not defending the officer or what he did.
You are fixated on this point only.

If there hadn't been an out of control pool party with a mob of teens then the police would have never been called.
Like I said..you have 100+ unsupervised teens and you are asking for trouble.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
uh, the police showing up indicates there is a problem. Or are you calling the kids too stupid? At that point the kids should have just listened period.
From the video, it appears that the cops were the problem.

The cops didn't even ask any of the kids who their leader was.

Their leader was the public invitation.

Who are you, Barney Fife?

Barney Fife secretly despised neighborliness.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
From the video, it appears that the cops were the problem.

The cops didn't even ask any of the kids who their leader was.

Their leader was the public invitation.
Ok, so you are saying the kids are too dumb to associate cops are there because there was a problem. Got it.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:40 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
When I hear all the people complaining about this, all I can do is shake my head.....

this is not a black or white situation...what this is, is a total disrespect for laws and instruction....

1. when the cops respond to a call that a fight is going on at a party of over 50 kids, they have no idea what they are walking in to. Do the kids have weapons? Have they been drinking? How old are they? They know they are fighting but that is all, so they have got to be on guard.

2. When they arrived, were the kids resisting...I see some kids sitting down like they are told to do, but when the cop was telling the girl to lay down, she was resisting...so of course she said she did nothing.

3. I think parents have become irresponsible when it comes to training their kids manners and behavior issues.

Kids walked up behind the cop to help her, and that is when he drew his gun, he had no idea what was going thru their minds? My Gosh, he had no idea up to that point if they even had weapons?

It was chaotic, and for those people who think these cops were in the wrong, I feel sorry for the future of this country, b/c apparently rules & obeying instruction means nothing but to resist and march against law enforcement.

I'll tell you what....the police in MD, have all stuck together and only respond now to certain calls...and thank God for that, b/c now the residents are screaming, "Where are the cops, we need them to help, we need the police to contain this neighborhood!"

This country is so screwed up....I tell you, when we disobeyed a neighbor, that neighbor gave us a verbal what for, and then we went home and got it a second time from our parents....and we were taught to respect rules, laws and the property of others and to always ask permission, not today....plus the media also has a hand in this....they made me sick yesterday when showing this clip...they said, this is dispicable, and bad behavior on the side of the cops....

I'm going to say this again, if you feel cops are wrong, then I challenge you to go to your nearest police station and apply to do a ride along on one evening. Period.

You have no idea the scum of the earth they deal with....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies