Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:30 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,768,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
BS. The crime rate among blacks is one of the highest in the country despite their being only 13% of the population. So don't give us that crap about "religion". WHY do so many blacks on this forum constantly feel the need to defend other blacks on the mere basis of being of the same race?
Actually, the crime rate across the "Bible Belt" is far higher for all groups despite all the religiosity down there. Poverty and illiteracy rates all tend to follow increased religiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 08:23 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So am I.

That surprises me.

It's religion. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Crime and religion aren't mutually exclusive...they're potentially inclusive.

They go together like flies and poop.

Exactly...

Old 06-10-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
No, not surprised at the number of gay black men as evidenced by gay and black people having the highest rates of HIV/AIDS infection in this country. Not surprised at all.
Actually according to the study its young women that make up a good percentage of the lgbt community and based on that and the stat for black lgbt it seems that black women have a higher number of lgbt than black men but I do agree about the number of gay and black males with HIV indicate that a good amount of black men are also gay. What surprised is that Asian is the second highest group, followed by Hispanic. Whites have the smallest percentage of lgbt.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 590 times
That's sick I'm black I'm against gays god made a man for a woman gays will burn in hell the bible said

Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I do agree about the number of gay and black males with HIV indicate that a good amount of black men are also gay.
Or the extremely high rate of prison incarceration may have something to do with that.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Or the extremely high rate of prison incarceration may have something to do with that.
That was my thought as well. It starts in the prison and then when they released they keep it up on the downlow.

Never forget that boondocks episode about butt sex in prison which was based on a real person lmao.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9WClv4U5B8

Old 06-10-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
That was my thought as well. It starts in the prison and then when they released they keep it up on the downlow.

Never forget that boondocks episode about butt sex in prison which was based on a real person lmao.

No, I don't go along with the idea that prison turns anyone homosexual who wasn't already. My point is that forced homosexual acts in prison causes a higher rate of HIV incidence in black males, and that rate is higher because of the high percentage of black males that are incarcerated. The rate of HIV thus can't be used as a metric for the incidence of true homosexuality.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, I don't go along with the idea that prison turns anyone homosexual who wasn't already. My point is that forced homosexual acts in prison causes a higher rate of HIV incidence in black males, and that rate is higher because of the high percentage of black males that are incarcerated. The rate of HIV thus can't be used as a metric for the incidence of true homosexuality.
This is true actually. Good point. For whatever reason despite having a smaller population we have a much higher percentage of LGBT. Yet a lot of us don't support it because of religion despite the fact that a lot of have gay relatives. Three of my female cousins are gay. The fathers pretended like it isn't true and don't talk about it but still accept their children, they just pretend they arent gay. My best friend sister is gay. She was married to a man before and had a child. Her parents are very very religious. She can't bring her gf to family events and Her and mom also choose to pretend like she isnt really gay.

It's very strange honestly. I asked my dad how he felt about his niece being gay and he just looked disturbed and changed the topic lol. It's like this taboo topic that a lot of blacks choose to not support. I'm bisexual and a friend of mine is as well. She dated a girl for about 4 months and then ended it and is back with men. We both discussed our hestitation to seriously date women and concluded that we couldn't see it meshing well with our families-it would be awkward and not accepted. We all know there are plenty of us out there (black lgbt) but in religious households which make up the majority of black homes it's still not seen as acceptable.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:46 PM

906 posts, read 712,016 times
51%, thats shameful. That # needs to be closer to 90.

Boom bye bye in a batty boi head, rude boy nuh promote no nasty man dem haffi dead.

-Buju

Last edited by gumisgood; 06-10-2015 at 10:54 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 11:21 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,648 times
Sadly the majority of blacks are hypocrites and ignorant. It's not necessarily their fault, how you're raised makes a big impression on your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies