Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Deterring crime is absolutely part of their job.

Yes it is. However; cops harrassing and shaking down American citizens is very Third Reichish! That isn't what this country is about, though it seems to be heading that direction! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:36 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obviously you either have no reply to my point or know what we are discussing.
I stand by my statement.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i tell conservative white males this.

dont whine about tsa when you support blacks getting stopped and frisked.

conservative white males only whine about violation of rights when it involves them.
I don't understand why anyone would not support TSA. I'm not guilty so no problem. I'd rather be frisked then get on a plane that has a bomb or someone with a weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the conservative white male could care less when it comes to blacks.
And blacks care so much for any white?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would not support TSA. I'm not guilty so no problem. I'd rather be frisked then get on a plane that has a bomb or someone with a weapon.
Once someone intent on doing harms knows the basics nothing is going to stop them. You feel safe getting frisked all the while the terrorist is just sitting offshore with an anti-aircraft weapon waiting on you to fly over.

We checked for bombs for a long time. We didn't check for box cutters. We took precautions against box cutters and then those precautions allowed another plane to be crashed into a mountain side.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:50 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes it is. However; cops harrassing and shaking down American citizens is very Third Reichish! That isn't what this country is about, though it seems to be heading that direction! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
Having been in several countries where the police do actually harass and shake down I can tell you that what is happening with stop and frisk is not even close. When some guy sticks a gun in your face and demands money to go through the check point, that's a shake down. Most of the people that post on this stuff obviously have had no exposure to what actually happens in the real world.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
When Guiliani started the stop and frisk campaign, this is the result.

The violent crime rate dropped by 56 percent during the eight years he served as mayor. Murder, down nearly two-thirds. Robbery, down 67 percent. Aggravated assault, down 28 percent.
crime dropped in ALL major cities when Guliani was mayor. Do your googles

Old 06-10-2015, 01:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Having been in several countries where the police do actually harass and shake down I can tell you that what is happening with stop and frisk is not even close. When some guy sticks a gun in your face and demands money to go through the check point, that's a shake down. Most of the people that post on this stuff obviously have had no exposure to what actually happens in the real world.

No I haven't. And I certainly don't want it to become that way! I know, I know, "if you haven't done anything wrong..." blah blah blah! Well, we still have rights in this country, and are innocent until proven guilty! And those who would sacrifice their individual liberties for more security deserve neither.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:07 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Ah yes the old "if you aren't guilty you should allow X argument"

The ol standby of those who love police states.

#1 The last test allowed 95% of the bombs on board the place. So its not exactly all that effective
#2 Its not cheap

Old 06-10-2015, 01:10 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Deterring crime is absolutely part of their job.
Sorry charlie, the state considers us all criminals.It has written so many rules for us to follow that it is unavoidable to get through your day without breaking one or more.

Quote:
I dont know why anyone would support the TSA. It is security theater with a 95% failure rate, but a resounding success as a government jobs program that trains its employees to grope travelers, bombard them with radiation and steal their property.
And quit kidding yourself about being innocent.There are so many laws in the US now that we are all guilty of breaking several in the course of a day.

TSA failures spark calls for privatization | TheHill

Old 06-10-2015, 01:14 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
crime dropped in ALL major cities when Guliani was mayor. Do your googles
And did they all stay down while Bloomberg was there?
And did they all go back up when DeBlasio took over and ended Stop and Frisk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies