Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 09:37 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
What im saying is its not unheard of for like minded people to vote and benefit other like minded people. But i bet if you were to change the rules per sa and make the votes open to employees and also investors then i bet you would see different results.
Sometimes that happens. If an employee takes advantage of an employer-sponsored retirement account, it very well may contain shares in the employer's corporation which makes employees investors, as well.

For example, Walmart provides an employee stock purchase program IRA option.
http://corporate.walmart.com/our-sto...lmart/benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
starving in france gave me a new take on what defines being poor in america.
do you survive on fried bread and garlic in america? did you lose 50 lbs due to food deprivation.
do you beg to buy student lunch tickets in front of the student diner?
do you mop up fruit juice you spilled with a sponge and drink it?
do you go without TV, movies & phone i mean any phone.
do you wear dark wool bek its warm and does not show dirt
when the guy with the expensive tennis shoes who is 100 lbs overweight walks out of 7 11 with a bag full of snacks and a slurpy talking on his iphone, i mean i cant even see the cashier bek this guy is so wide, i can tell you that man is not poor.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:15 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
starving in france gave me a new take on what defines being poor in america.
do you survive on fried bread and garlic in america? did you lose 50 lbs due to food deprivation.
do you beg to buy student lunch tickets in front of the student diner?
do you mop up fruit juice you spilled with a sponge and drink it?
do you go without TV, movies & phone i mean any phone.
do you wear dark wool bek its warm and does not show dirt
when the guy with the expensive tennis shoes who is 100 lbs overweight walks out of 7 11 with a bag full of snacks and a slurpy talking on his iphone, i mean i cant even see the cashier bek this guy is so wide, i can tell you that man is not poor.
I've been to France and sure didn't see anyone starving in the streets. The poverty rate in France is about the same as in the US, 14.5% and France has a pretty robust and comprehensive welfare program. Not sure who these people were in dark wool and people who lost 50 pounds..maybe heroin addicts.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Plenty of people are motivated. But when utility rates constantly hike up, cars and higher education equal the cost of a home, wages stagnate, and health costs are out of control...it's kind of hard to get ahead.

According to Obama, there is no inflation. Want the video link of him stating such?

Old 06-15-2015, 03:12 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
That makes NO sense unless she is married or has children, the maximum out of pocket for an individual with the cheapest plan is $6,600 a year. And the US average monthly premium for that plan is $167 a month.

The biggest difference is that her deductible went from $1250 to over $6K and I included the deductibles in my calculation as the only way you can use it is after you pay deductibles.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obamacare has been a disaster for redistributionist liberals. Even the NY Times admits:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/opinion/has-obamacare-turned-voters-against-sharing-the-wealth.html?_r=0

Now that the middle class has been hit and their wealth is being redistributed too, they GET it. Interesting, that... no?
Yep, the've been warned. Never cheer when you think government is going to raise taxes the "other guy" because government is sneaky and they will get you too.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Small business are forced to pay higher taxes and shoulder more became corporations are not paying there share. Same concept with the disappearing middle class today.
No fricken kidding lol, are you just now getting this? Obama forced small business to pay higher taxes and the big guys (his buddies) skirt past it. Obama convinced a bunch of useful idiots that he was going after the big guys, news flash, he lied to you too.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:40 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No fricken kidding lol, are you just now getting this? Obama forced small business to pay higher taxes and the big guys (his buddies) skirt past it. Obama convinced a bunch of useful idiots that he was going after the big guys, news flash, he lied to you too.
News flash petch this was going on when reagon was in office. Where have you been?

Old 06-15-2015, 06:45 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, the've been warned. Never cheer when you think government is going to raise taxes the "other guy" because government is sneaky and they will get you too.
It would be interesting to live in a country without government involvement or regulations. Would we still be living in the land of sweatshops and child labor, a vision straight out of a charles dickens novel?

Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That makes NO sense unless she is married or has children, the maximum out of pocket for an individual with the cheapest plan is $6,600 a year. And the US average monthly premium for that plan is $167 a month.

The biggest difference is that her deductible went from $1250 to over $6K and I included the deductibles in my calculation as the only way you can use it is after you pay deductibles.
That is NOT the way you calculate the cost of healthcare. That would be like me paying an auto insurance premium of $100 a month but telling you I'm really paying $1100 a month because I have a $1,000 deductible and anytime I get in a wreck that is what I will have to pay.

And almost no reasonably healthy people will ever reach that deductible unless they have a catastrophic illness which is unlikely to happen every year. And did you bother to deduct what she would have had to pay for free preventative care that she had to pay for out of pocket before the ACA?

And every hairdresser I know makes under 60k and would qualify for a subsidy so why doesn't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies